ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa tix

hlstone

Oct 5, 2006
Did it sell out yet?
How did you all do with acquiring your Tix?

I was signed on at 9:50 when the clock struck 10 I was 200 in que. All of the lower bowl was sold out. I was able to get my 8 extra in the 200 level.

I am a good brother and gave the season tix seats to him in 108.

I was in the queue a few minutes before 2:00pm eastern. I selected my seats and it crashed (bad gateway error). Got back to queue, now was #99 (but went quickly) and it crashed redirecting me to ticket selection. Back to queue again and another crash on the redirection. 4th time was the charm, although the tickets I was selecting were gone a few times before I got them. My seats aren’t great, but I’m glad to have them.

Reactions: hlstone
When I logged on I went from waiting list to queue (30 in front) and 15 seconds later I was picking. Whole lower bowl almost completely gone except for my 8 sweet glorious tickets in 101L. This was completed. at 10:10 am.
Might sell my 2 tickets in 112 row G.
After the match you can find @82bordeaux lounging in 101L.

wine-tyrion-2.gif

Last edited:
I take it we had different pre-sale tiers. I see others writing 10:00 but my pre-sale didn’t start until 2:00.

I take it we had different pre-sale tiers. I see others writing 10:00 but my pre-sale didn’t start until 2:00.
Season tix holders were able to buy at 10. NLWC members at 2.

Public sale starts tomorrow at 10?

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
When I logged on I went from waiting list to queue (30 in front) and 15 seconds later I was picking. Whole lower bowl almost completely gone except for my 8 sweet glorious tickets in 101L. This was completed. at 10:10 am.

wine-tyrion-2.gif
giphy.gif

wine-tyrion-2.gif
If you're going to sell your two lower bowl tix, please let me know, I'd love to get 2 down there. Email Random4598375 at gmail.com. Thanks!

I’m curious why the Iowa tickets were priced higher than the Michigan tickets. Perhaps because they can? I paid $342.60 for Iowa, $289.00 for Michigan….eight tickets for each match. And no, I didn’t purchase the insurance.

I’m curious why the Iowa tickets were priced higher than the Michigan tickets. Perhaps because they can? I paid $342.60 for Iowa, $289.00 for Michigan….eight tickets for each match. And no, I didn’t purchase the insurance.
I noticed that also, I am sure they call it Dynamic pricing, but basically, because they can.....

I read an article recently that the days of cheap concerts are over, to stop scalping they basically just raised the costs themselves, so now the bands/venues are their own scalpers.

Congrats on getting the extra 8!
Are your seats for both in the same sections?

I remember reading a few years ago that Cael wanted the wrestling team to be making money instead of losing money every year. Maybe this is a solution?

I noticed that also, I am sure they call it Dynamic pricing, but basically, because they can.....

I read an article recently that the days of cheap concerts are over, to stop scalping they basically just raised the costs themselves, so now the bands/venues are their own scalpers.
For declaring yourself my arch nemesis, you aren't very good at being one. Lol. Huge thank you for hooking me up with the Iowa Tix. This board and the people that post here are the best!

I remember reading a few years ago that Cael wanted the wrestling team to be making money instead of losing money every year. Maybe this is a solution?
Yes, both matches section 204. Upper mezzanine, front row, one section off of center. The past two years we were one section over, dead center. The BIG camera was arms length away. Great seats, unobstructed view.

Season tix holders were able to buy at 10. NLWC members at 2.

Public sale starts tomorrow at 10?

I never received email this morning with presale code for NLWC, Iowa match.

I did receive one for Michigan the morning of presale.

Anyone else hear if same issue?

Prices were raised. Everywhere.

Oh I get how resale works. Just ludicrous that someone would ask 800 a ticket and even more ludicrous someone would pay it
Think about how much money it would take for someone to make a donation that gives you enough points to purchase those tickets? $800/seat may be a deal.
I really considered trying to buy my way into season tickets and it just made no sense. I can take the same dollars, donate them directly to the NLWC and PSWC where I know that the donations will have the impact I desire. Then take the leftovers and buy tickets for whatever I have to pay to sit where I want.
That said, I'm still not paying $795 for a floor seat! I'll just sit with @WexfordWarrior and keep the leftover money for beers!

Think about how much money it would take for someone to make a donation that gives you enough points to purchase those tickets? $800/seat may be a deal.
I really considered trying to buy my way into season tickets and it just made no sense. I can take the same dollars, donate them directly to the NLWC and PSWC where I know that the donations will have the impact I desire. Then take the leftovers and buy tickets for whatever I have to pay to sit where I want.
That said, I'm still not paying $795 for a floor seat! I'll just sit with @WexfordWarrior and keep the leftover money for beers!
a0e85e26-df2c-422f-9f0e-5fb799ff0a1d_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT