ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v Stanford in the Rose.**

Should be good game. Go Hawkeyes! Why would you root against Iowa? Is it because we are, I believe, 4-9 against them since the mid 90s?

Should be a great game! Can't wait to see it! Definitely rooting for Iowa. Ferentz coaches good old fundamentally sound Joe Paterno type football, and has always respected Joe.

Go Iowa!!!

Good. Herbie is upset and Urbie has been committed.
Go Stanford.

Should be good game. Go Hawkeyes! Why would you root against Iowa? Is it because we are, I believe, 4-9 against them since the mid 90s?

No, not because of that. But maybe because the last time PSU went out to their place to play, their fans dressed up in stripes and played up the whole Sandusky mess. Just as bad as Rutgers in 2014. Maybe because of that...

Plus if you look at the last two games versus Iowa, PSU has dominated the games. How about checking that?

Reactions: BBrown and nits74
No, not because of that. But maybe because the last time PSU went out to their place to play, their fans dressed up in stripes and played up the whole Sandusky mess. Just as bad as Rutgers in 2014. Maybe because of that...

Plus if you look at the last two games versus Iowa, PSU has dominated the games. How about checking that?
One of the more classless fan bases in college football. Go Stanford.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

You must be referring to the 38-14 beating in '12 and not the 13-3 score in '11. Not sure that '11 game was domination. But our losses in '08 & '09 when we were Nationally ranked really did sting as did the fiasco in 2004. Every school has it's share of idiots and if I held that against the entire school, I'm not sure I could support any of them. And that includes Penn State. Will be at the '16 Iowa game and planning to go to Kinnick in '17. Have always had a great experience when I went there.

Surprised they took Iowa over Ohio State.

Yea Stanford's probably disappointed they go from potentially making the BCS Beauty-Pageant Invitational Tournament to having to go beat the stuffing out of a no-name, over-rated b1g opponent in a rose bowl nobody gives a crap about....

Yea Stanford's probably disappointed they go from potentially making the BCS Beauty-Pageant Invitational Tournament to having to go beat the stuffing out of a no-name, over-rated b1g opponent in a rose bowl nobody gives a crap about....
Did you watch the championship game? That was a smash mouth,hard hitting, exciting defensive game. Iowa earned their trip to the Rose bowl. FYI look at the recruiting stars on all the players for Iowa then compare that to Penn State. Not many do more with less than coach Ferentz.

You must be referring to the 38-14 beating in '12 and not the 13-3 score in '11. Not sure that '11 game was domination. But our losses in '08 & '09 when we were Nationally ranked really did sting as did the fiasco in 2004. Every school has it's share of idiots and if I held that against the entire school, I'm not sure I could support any of them. And that includes Penn State. Will be at the '16 Iowa game and planning to go to Kinnick in '17. Have always had a great experience when I went there.

I may be wrong but I don't remember ever seeing any Stanford fans on this board trashing us over the Sandusky scandal. Every fan base has its share of morons that is true and only a small percentage of fans post on a message board with even a smaller percentage going on another team's message board. So by looking at the large number of Iowa fans that come on here, their fan base must be made up of a very high percentage of jackasses. Go Stanford!

I may be wrong but I don't remember ever seeing any Stanford fans on this board trashing us over the Sandusky scandal. Every fan base has its share of morons that is true and only a small percentage of fans post on a message board with even a smaller percentage going on another team's message board. So by looking at the large number of Iowa fans that come on here, their fan base must be made up of a very high percentage of jackasses. Go Stanford!
If the scandal happened at Iowa would people from this board talk some crap? I think so. Kinda goes with the territory

If the scandal happened at Iowa would people from this board talk some crap? I think so. Kinda goes with the territory

I kind of doubt it, maybe a few but not near the number that came on our board. We just don't care about Iowa that much. Maybe if it happened at Pitt or OSU, but not Iowa.

Did you watch the championship game? That was a smash mouth,hard hitting, exciting defensive game. Iowa earned their trip to the Rose bowl. FYI look at the recruiting stars on all the players for Iowa then compare that to Penn State. Not many do more with less than coach Ferentz.

Didn't watch it - too boring, both offenses suck. I was watching the ACC and Pac12 Championship games. Without b1g shiz officiating, I'm seeing a lot of mediocre b1g teams getting beaten - it's kind of an annual bowl tradition at this point. Iowa being a good example....last year they got blown out in the Taxslayer Bowl by a mediocre Tennessee team 45-28, two years ago the lost to LSU in Outback Bowl and the year before that they got hammered by Oklahoma in the Insight Bowl. Looks like it's Stanford's turn to expose I-a-were and the b1g shiz-hole in the irrelevant rose bowl....

Didn't watch it - too boring, both offenses suck. I was watching the ACC and Pac12 Championship games. Without b1g shiz officiating, I'm seeing a lot of mediocre b1g teams getting beaten - it's kind of an annual bowl tradition at this point. Iowa being a good example....last year they got blown out in the Taxslayer Bowl by a mediocre Tennessee team 45-28, two years ago the lost to LSU in Outback Bowl and the year before that they got hammered by Oklahoma in the Insight Bowl. Looks like it's Stanford's turn to expose I-a-were and the b1g shiz-hole in the irrelevant rose bowl....
So you decided to watch the ACC shiz officials instead. Now that was bad

In 2011, PSU held Iowa to under 300 yards total offense. I don't think they crossed the 50 except three times. That is a dominate defensive effort if I have seen one. Iowa was one of the better offenses in the league in 2011.

This will be smash mouth football unlike NC-Baylor flag football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT