ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
The Ironman tournament started this morning. Being shown on Flo but brackets are on track. Joe Sealy is the top seed at 157 and should probably cruise to the title. At 150 the top seed is Lockett and the second seed is PJ Duke. Really hoping they meet in the finals for a rematch of a match Duke won not long ago. 120 is the toughest weight in my eyes with Jax Forrest as the 1, Lilledahl as the 2, Marcus Blaze at the 3, Jordyn Raney the 4, Karl Lauridsen the 5, and Leo Deluca the 6. Absolutely insane weight. PSU commit Nasdeo is also in this weight. PSU commit Mason Gibson is the 3 at 126 behind the number 1 Ben Davino and 2 Marc Anthony McGowan. At 113 Bo Bassett is the 1 with a Beric Jordan the 2. At 165 the youngest Ferrari is the top seed. I’m sure I’m missing more kids that are PSU related but these were the main ones I could think of. I absolutely love this tournament and can’t wait to watch some super high level kids compete.

Carter Neves at 285 is IIRC still a PSU soft verbal.

Rune Lawrence at 190, uncommitted.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Carter Neves at 285 is IIRC still a PSU soft verbal.

Rune Lawrence at 190, uncommitted.
Anyone know why Jude Correa isn’t wrestling? Saw him listed in the preview but I don’t see him in the brackets

157: Joe Sealy with the Tech Fall in rd. 1 and 2nd round pin in 2:24
113: Bo Bassett wins via quick Tech fall in rd. 2 after a bye.
120: Jax Forrest with 2 Tech Falls
120: Lilledahl with a pin and 15-2 MD
126: Mason Gibson with a tech fall in 1:57 after a bye
Round of 16:
113: Bassett wins by tech fall early in the 2nd period 19-4
120: Forrest by Tech Fall 22-6 in the 3rd period
120: Lilledahl wins by Major 13-4
126: Gibson wins by Tech Fall 22-7 early 3rd period
157: Sealy wins by Fall in 3:02
190: Rune Lawrence wins by Tech Fall 15-0
Quarterfinals:
113: Bo Bassett defeats Jayden Raney 7-3. Bo got a TD and turn in the first and let Raney up. Bo could not take the taller Raney again. Bo escapes early in 2nd to go 6-1. No more scoring pd. 2. Bo rides Raney until 12 sec. remain. Raney gets a reversal and cuts Bo. That is how it ends Raney was long and quick. Good match Bo next gets #5 seed Anthony Mutarelli of Malvern Prep
120: Jax Forrest plays catch/turn/release and gets a Tech in 1:30 to beat Degennaro 18-2. Jax next gets #5 seed Kael Lairidsen of Bennington
120: Luke Lilledahl defeats Gyon Sims 3-0 and will wrestle Deluca of Blair tomorrow
120: #6 seed Leo DeLuca defeats #3 Marcus Blaze 2-1 in SV as Blaze gets called for fleeing the mat. It looked like DeLuca had a TD so I'm good with the call :)
126: Mason Gibson wins via PIN over Jameson Garcia with 1 second remaining in the 2nd period. Gibson led 4-1 when he got the turn and quick pin. Mason will wrestle Marc-Anthony McGowan who held on to beat Orine of Wyoming Sem. 7-4
138: #12 seed Brandon Cannon takes down #4 seed Vince Bouzakis 10-6
150: P.J. Duke defeats #7 seed Chris Crawford 11-9. Duke will wrestle #3 seed Weston Dalton of Pueblo East
157: Joe Sealy defeats #8 seed Reed Fulmer via pin. Sealy got a TD mid first and cut Fulmer. Gets 2nd TD with about 6 seconds left in the period....both by double leg. Sealy takes neutral to start 2nd and plays catch/release until he turns and pins him at 2:47. Sealy will now wrestle #5 seed Ethan Birden
190: Rune Lawrence with a quick TD and ride-out....2-0 after 1 over #10 seed Coen Grimm. Rune...quick escape...3-0. Rune with TD at 1:04....5-0. Rune rides him out again....5-0 after 2. Grimm starts in Neutral....Rune quick TD...now 7-0. Surprise....Rune rides him out....wins 7-0
285: Carter Neves of Blair leads #12 seed Richard Thomas 6-2 after Pd.1. Neves escapes after 1 min. gets a TD on the edge with 2 sec. left in pd.2.....leads 9-2. Neves lets him up....quick Td.....11-3. Repeat......now 13-5. That is how it ends.

If there is anyone else you want to follow...let me know

Last edited:
157: Joe Sealy with the Tech Fall in rd. 1 and 2nd round pin in 2:24
113: Bo Bassett wins via quick Tech fall in rd. 2 after a bye.
120: Jax Forestt with 2 Tech Falls
120: Lilledal with a pin and 15-2 MD
126: Mason Gibson with a tech fall in 1:57 after a bye

If there is anyone else you want to follow...let me know
It is my opinion 4 of the 5 will one day wrestle in a PSU singlet. Outside shot at all 5. :)

How deep do they go tonight, quarterfinals?

FRIDAY – DECEMBER 9th​

10 A.M. – First Whistle – Championship and consolation brackets wrestled simultaneously each day.

We will wrestle the CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTERFINALS on FRIDAY EVENING – Quarterfinal start time tbd

SATURDAY – DECEMBER 10th, 2021​

10 A.M. – All consolations

11:45 A.M. – Championship Semifinals and consolations (10 mats until approx 1:00pm)

1:30 P.M. – Consolation & Consolation Quarterfinals (4 Mats only Dome)

3:00 P.M. – (Approximately) BREAK ALL MUST EXIT ‘THE DOME’

4:00 P.M. – Parade of Champions’ ALL FINALISTS enter ‘THE DOME’

4:30-6:30 – Championship Finals and 3rd/5th place bouts on 3 mats

6:45 P.M. – Awards Ceremony

Mat 2 with several great matches in a row coming up. Bassett v. Raney coming up on 3, then the next Raney brother will be up.

Reactions: mcpat
i-request-a-high-five.gif

Blaze, then Gibson coming up on 1. Bouzakis two matches after Gibson. McGowan will be on 3 in two matches.

Last edited:
Gibson has serious quads for a high schooler

Gibson with a dump and a fall at the 2nd period buzzer.

Sealey with a second period pin against a kid from Bixby. His pace is something else. A lot like SVN in that department. He’s also back at Sem but during the summer I thought the word was he had moved to Florida and wasn’t going to be back at Sem.
The Bixby kid Ishmael Guerrero is Eric Guerrero’s son.

Reactions: zzs006
Sealey with a second period pin against a kid from Bixby. His pace is something else. A lot like SVN in that department. He’s also back at Sem but during the summer I thought the word was he had moved to Florida and wasn’t going to be back at Sem.
I heard from some Sem parents that he was back A month or so ago.

Reactions: hlstone and zzs006
The Bixby kid Ishmael Guerrero is Eric Guerrero’s son.
Eric Guerrero is the same age as I am. We were always in the same weight and man was he unbelievable. What a great college career he had. I always thought he would take over after Smith retired but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards any longer

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia
Gibson vs. McGowan tomorrow! Who ya got?
I’m going Gibson but not with a ton of confidence. He’s looked really good today and has been very offensive. We know McGowan will just try to keep it close and low scoring but I think Gibson gets a Td or 2 and pulls it out.

Reactions: NittanyChris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT