ADVERTISEMENT

Is Beau's 589.6 QB rating getting the attention it deserves??

No problem with Beau getting snaps, just not sure why Allar stays in the game when it happens.
Using the other QB as decoy is senseless until you put something on tape the other team has to account for. I have never liked QB 1 and QB 2 in the game at the same time risking injury to both is stupid.

Reactions: EPC FAN
No problem with Beau getting snaps, just not sure why Allar stays in the game when it happens.
I would let Allar take the snap then lateral to Beau. He could pass or run. Or instead of a lateral he could run a route as a receiver. All the options really puts pressure on the D.

With Allar split out……just don’t see him running a route. And if Beau laterals the ball to him his top priority would be to throw it. And snd D knows it.

I would let Allar take the snap then lateral to Beau. He could pass or run. Or instead of a lateral he could run a route as a receiver. All the options really puts pressure on the D.

With Allar split out……just don’t see him running a route. And if Beau laterals the ball to him his top priority would be to throw it. And snd D knows it.
You don’t beat teams like OSU and Michigan with junk plays.

Not for 60 minutes but a trick play can certainly make the difference in a tight game.
If it works. Or we could take a 10 yard loss or turn it over. Trick plays are for inferior teams that need to take chances to win a game.

The odd thing to me is people talk about how we're making the other team spend time practicing for our potential trick plays. How much time have we wasted practicing them? Can't we just run our gd offense?

I understand giving Pribula playing time. But if we are putting him in the field then just give him an entire series or two and use all 11 of our players for the entire game.

If it works. Or we could take a 10 yard loss or turn it over. Trick plays are for inferior teams that need to take chances to win a game.
Like when PSU plays OSU? Or maybe USC?

If you want to beat teams with equal or better talent you have to run plays that keep them guessing.

In the plays that I've observed with both of our QBs on the field, DA has affected the play in that he occupied a defender each time.

And without inside knowledge of the play call, my guess is that that was his objective for that play.

Like when PSU plays OSU? Or maybe USC?

If you want to beat teams with equal or better talent you have to run plays that keep them guessing.
You have to play your best players and keeping them guessing should exist with play calling and scheme not the backup QB.

Tell that to Urban Meyers when he often inserted backup QB Tim Tebow on the way to a 2006 NC.
You're going back 18 years to find that example, and Urban was still smart enough to replace Chris Leak in those situations and not split him out wide. Tebow came in on mostly goal line plays. He was also a huge, 5 star recruit who brought in a lot of other great players to Florida so he was going to get on the field. Just typically not at the same time as Leak.

You're going back 18 years to find that example, and Urban was still smart enough to replace Chris Leak in those situations and not split him out wide. Tebow came in on mostly goal line plays. He was also a huge, 5 star recruit who brought in a lot of other great players to Florida so he was going to get on the field. Just typically not at the same time as Leak.
And Tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beau which isn't an insult to Beau. Tebow, as you said, was an elite recruit that was powerful.

The odd thing to me is people talk about how we're making the other team spend time practicing for our potential trick plays. How much time have we wasted practicing them? Can't we just run our gd offense?

I understand giving Pribula playing time. But if we are putting him in the field then just give him an entire series or two and use all 11 of our players for the entire game.
Do you think psu is equal to OSU? Do you follow recruiting?

Do you think psu is equal to OSU? Do you follow recruiting?
I clearly said opponents with equal OR BETTER talent.

Do you really think we can beat OSU by pounding the ball between the tackles? Not me. I think you've got to throw in a few wrinkles.

Every team has trick plays saved for the right moment. You shouldn't run 6 per half but only in the right spot.

I don't love having Allar as a receiver, but the D still has to use a man to cover him.

I'd like to have Beau in with both backs, then motion into an empty backfield to get a linebacker on Singleton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT