ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or was the BTN's postgame coverage of the bowl games near non-existent?

Other than replays of the wrap-up show from the game night, no other mentions that I noticed.

Other than replays of the wrap-up show from the game night, no other mentions that I noticed.
You'd think they'd do a better job with bowl coverage. I mean they're on all day with signing days, camp coverage, every weeknight during the season with football shows, and then the bowls come around and it's like they weren't even worth covering. Strange.

You'd think they'd do a better job with bowl coverage. I mean they're on all day with signing days, camp coverage, every weeknight during the season with football shows, and then the bowls come around and it's like they weren't even worth covering. Strange.
They replay the same crap 20 times in one week. Probably too expensive to produce their own new material and too expensive to pay rights to replay other networks' programming.

I agree. I think they could do so much more.

Reactions: psu00
They replay the same crap 20 times in one week. Probably too expensive to produce their own new material and too expensive to pay rights to replay other networks' programming.

I agree. I think they could do so much more.

ESPN owns all the games. They are not going to send crews out to 8 different bowl games as the cost would be pretty outrageous, plus I doubt they have 8 traveling crews to send. They did talk bowl games on the nightly shows. Not sure what more could be done.

I don't recall seeing much post-game coverage if any.

They had a wrap up show that they ran for about 3 hours but I think that was it.
I know I watched it every time just so I could see them eviscerating Harbs and Michy. LMAO.
They, especially Dave Revsine and Howard Griffith, were very complementary of Barkley and the talent that PSU has and is bringing in.

Reactions: Howie'81
ESPN owns all the games. They are not going to send crews out to 8 different bowl games as the cost would be pretty outrageous, plus I doubt they have 8 traveling crews to send. They did talk bowl games on the nightly shows. Not sure what more could be done.
Not buying this. More people would watch if they had more good programming. I don't know what it costs to send a crew, but they would have recouped a good deal of it if not more. That's how you make a profit. Provide a product people want. I'm guessing it had more to do with contractual issues than something else, but I don't really know.

They had a wrap up show that they ran for about 3 hours but I think that was it.
I know I watched it every time just so I could see them eviscerating Harbs and Michy. LMAO.
They, especially Dave Revsine and Howard Griffith, were very complementary of Barkley and the talent that PSU has and is bringing in.
Thanks. Missed that.

Agree with this.

Let's say BTN produces a "Fiesta Bowl post-game" show. Who would be watching that? Some PSU fans, sure. Fans of all the other schools, they're watching actual live B1G football with the Orange Bowl on ESPN. BTN's ratings wouldn't come close to justifying the costs.

And that's for a good B1G Bowl game. After Purdue v Arizona, that ended around 1 AM ET? A "Foster Farms Bowl post-game" on BTN would had viewership in the low double digits. Like literally 17 people in the entire World watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT