ADVERTISEMENT

Is TE Angeline close to committing?

LionsandBear

Dec 7, 2009
With PSU extending an offer to Mass TE Danny Dalton, Downingtown East's Angeline had better not wait too long or his ship might sail.

With the number of TEs on the roster, do you think PSU will take 2 TEs if Dalton commits first? I don't see that happening.

Originally posted by LionsandBear:
With the number of TEs on the roster, do you think PSU will take 2 TEs if Dalton commits first? I don't see that happening.
I think they will definitely take two TE.

No but Dalton won't commit to PSU so it doesn't matter. Likes rutgers and the attention of getting all these big time offers, nothing wrong with that though. Angeline much closer to committing and he still has said he wants to take his time, but I think anytime he's on campus it could happen.

Or the kid from Ohio, Farrell.

They will not take more than 2 TE's, and may not want more than 1.

I look for a TE commit in the next month. Maybe Angeline can wait till Feb., and maybe not. It depends on the total scholarships the staff is projecting and the number of TE's the staff wants. And how things go for commits. Right now thing have been slow. But if they have 20 commits by November and have a good TE but only 1 DT. The last 1 or 2 spots may be for the best DT's available.

I expect that there are much higher priority positions than TE for the 2016 class. CJF got 2 TE's last year and may not take more than 1 for 2016.

Hard to commit when he doesn't seem to have an offer.

Obviously we, and the recruiting sites, don't know for sure, but 247 says that PSU has made 5 offers to TE's with 3 still not committed. Angeline, Upshur, and Farrell. If/when the staff sees that those 3 will not result in the 1 or 2 TE's they want in the 2016 class, then they'll make additional offers....

Why? They took 2 last year. Bowers and Holland. Gesicki in 2014.

Breneman in 2013, with 3 years of eligibility left.

Gesicki and Breneman are great weapons in the passing game. But I believe the 2014 TE's are more of CJF's style. Big, strong TE's that can block. Wilkerson will also have eligibility for 2016. We don't need more than 5 scholarship TE's on the roster.

With a full 85 scholarships, it amounts to less than 4 deep at each of the 22 positions, not counting the kickers. Every coach emphasizes particular positions that are disproportionate to the 4 deep. Most like at least 5 QB's on the roster. At least 5 RB's as well. O'Brien liked at least 5 TE's as he used them 2 at a time. But CJF does not seem to need 6 TE's on the roster.

Not sure whom you are talking about...

Dalton and Angeline both have Penn State offers

Dalton does not show up as offered on

247. See link.

2016 TE Offers:
Naut and Hausman committed to FSU and Tosu respectively.
Angeline
Farrell
Upshur

No Dalton
This post was edited on 4/4 7:37 PM by GregInPitt

PSU 2016 offers

he just got it today

There is a story on their front page about it

Have you seen these guys play?

To make that kind of a statement? I have seen Angeline play and he was lined up wide or split as a WR in most sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT