ADVERTISEMENT

is this board going to be affected by

like many of you, my first thought was to tie it to Intermat or Rokfin.

if someone builds it, I will come and pull threads off-topic and discuss my personal life alongside our goofy niche sport, centered around one of the best ****ing wrestling programs in the country.

If, as it appears, it lacks an ability to embed social media, it’s gonna put a hurting’ on my game, that’s for sure.
Take a look at this thread, nerf, looks like you can post media. I haven't tried as I'm still "pending approval" as I posted above.

Maybe some here can give it more of a test drive to evaluate the current functionality. Right now we're just guessing and remembering the problems with the initial switch to 24/7.

Dang. New Board already has pictures of the Hula Hoop girl posted
The new board has some kind of minimum standards. They took my one dollar, but when I try to go to the forums, they tell me “You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.” Ouch!

I do not want this new On3 board to become our new hang out. I am against the idea of paying $99/year (even after the first year at $1) and whoever mention it being a bad idea to even head over there in the first place is probably right. It makes no sense to have to try to remember to jump ship and create a new board one year from now before we all get charged.

well, don’t expect too much content.;) It’s mostly just a sandbox since I haven’t really used Reddit much in recent years.

I think we should look at this as an opportunity to get something even better for us.

To me, these are the primary criteria for our RFP:
  1. Free (I toyed with the rokfin thing, but if it costs a penny, it will change the culture a lot). Someone is going to pay for it, but it sure shouldn't be new users, or 1 year old users.
  2. Some gravitas: BWI has been around in various forms for a long time. My fear with something like Reddit is that it would just get lost in the noise. There needs to be a reason for people to be drawn in. Willie could do that. Or Maybe 247 or Black Shoe Diaries could. Obviously sanction from Cael, PSU, or NLWC would be great but I don’t see it happening. There's something to be said for "come for the football, stay for the HR hate."
  3. Usability: mobile first, lots of modern web trappings like embedded social media and page previews with links. Ads that don’t get too much in the way.
  4. Mods. The hidden heroes of any vibrant anonymous online community. We need ones that get it.

Moving all of the historic content from this site to a new site would be awesome, but I realize that’s almost certainly not happening, and that’s a darn shame. Mr. Brook’s epic, legendary Post-to-Likes ratio should be kept alive.

Are there any negatives to the 247/FOS site?
I have an account since 2004 with over 1,000 posts, though none in years. I tried posting a new thread and it said it had to be approved. That was this morning, still it there last time I looked.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
I have an account since 2004 with over 1,000 posts, though none in years. I tried posting a new thread and it said it had to be approved. That was this morning, still it there last time I looked.
Same for me, don't know why.

I wonder if the mods are questioning why the big increase in posts to review?

@backdrft76 did your thread go right up or was it in review for some period of time?

Thank you, ContextLion and Hotshoe! Maybe we can persuade them to keep the old site around as a help desk for the new site. ;) :)
No problem. It's an issue with the new board. You'll see a post pinned at the top regarding it. I wish I had more information for everyone, I just don't. To me, BWI is gone shortly. What Rivals does after that, I have no idea. I see no way On3 has the same boards with the same exact name, and BWI doesn't go away. That's just common sense. It's also clear, BWI folks cannot speak as of now.

I wonder if the mods are questioning why the big increase in posts to review?

@backdrft76 did your thread go right up or was it in review for some period of time?
The thread got posted right away. And there was also a reply right away. I'm not sure why I'm not having any issues and yet you others are.

The thread got posted right away. I'm not sure why I'm not having any issues and yet you others are.
I thought it might be related to me updating my avatar. it shows next to my user name. I've logged off and back on. Just tried posting again and it's waiting for approval.

Thank you, ContextLion and Hotshoe! Maybe we can persuade them to keep the old site around as a help desk for the new site. ;) :)
Darn it. Hope I didn’t type my new user name in wrong. But ContexLion is pretty cool. The posting looks 100% identical there including all icons/methods. Agree that the $99 will keep most users from joining even though it is $1 for first year. The current wrestling board is awesome

I vote lions 247 free wrestling board
That way we all know if (psu fans)

The new board has some kind of minimum standards. They took my one dollar, but when I try to go to the forums, they tell me “You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.” Ouch!

tumblr_pxla2oOQJq1xch6xgo5_400.gifv

Has anyone here ever created a forum? I just created one through some free site just to get an idea of what's all involved in it and to see how hard it would be to do. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to technology but maybe it's something I could do. If anyone has any suggestions or advice let me know.

This is the one I created. Dont register or sign up. It's just one I'm gonna play around with. I'm sure I'd have to find a more reliable site to go through but I didnt get that far yet. Lol

Ok..what? This board is going away? I read thru two pages of this thread..people talking about ON3? I still don't understand what's going on. All I know is this board..

@Hotshoe can you briefly explain what's happening and where the new forum will be.

If this is changing..someone put a link to wherever the new website is.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I started a forum 3+ years ago and was an admin on another for many year before that. IMHO the key is to find software that has the key features you really want as the easier you make it for members to use, the more members will get involved and post. Things like 1) works on mobile devices, 2) very easy to post images/photos, 3) very easy to add social media content, 4) intuitive structure to get to where you want to go, and 5) admin functions that are easy to use ,were all key requirements I set when starting mine. I use Website Toolbox as a platform and it works very well. But it does costs $500+ a year so not exactly perfect for a free forum unless you have a sugar daddy who funds it, LOL. This cost does include the ability for all members to PM and do real-time chat which are great features to include on a site. My site has no tiers of members. Everybody has access to all features.

Happy to help on the IT / admin side if needed. Thank you for taking the initiative to get something new going! A place for us all to go next that works well and allows us to continue all of our great PSU wrestling discussions is very important to many of us!

The thread got posted right away. And there was also a reply right away. I'm not sure why I'm not having any issues and yet you others are.

Are you a premium member over there?

I dropped my membership a couple of years ago and now it's not accepting my post.

Ok, I've taken some action.
New site information will be posted in the truck stop bathroom in Duncannon Pennsylvania.
For your log in information please call the number directly under
"For good time call PawrestlersinTn" This will be the only way to make this transition under the radar. Thanks for your help and patience in this trying time.
"Truck stop."

• Haha
Reactions: slushhead
At a minimum, KYPSW will continue on 247. I've been cross-posting it over there, allowing guys from there to participate. I will keep an open mind on the new site, but am not likely to spend more than $1 on it.

At a minimum, KYPSW will continue on 247. I've been cross-posting it over there, allowing guys from there to participate. I will keep an open mind on the new site, but am not likely to spend more than $1 on it.
I glad to hear that. Will our BWI post counts still apply to tie-breakers? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT