ADVERTISEMENT

is this board going to be affected by

Regardless of how things go, Tom, I have a ton of respect for what you built here, which is substantial, so thank you. This is definitely the best wrestling board out there, in my opinion.

much appreciated. I've always enjoyed your posts, and hope to meet you at a dual one of these years.

Buy I'm not clear what you mean by incomplete data, nor can I infer as much from your post, but I'm seeing the same thing everyone else is. I've successfully registered, was able to easily find The Wrestling Room, but I can't read any of the comments or original posts because I "have insufficient privileges" and am prompted to subscribe. That doesn't feel like a bug but a feature working exactly as intended. So if it is a bug, this is a not-great rollout strategy because ON3 won't get a second chance to win the trust of some people.

A combo of my trying to be a tad cryptic, and also not having all the background details. I'm told that the wrestling board will be a free board. I'm pretty sure (suspicion and combo of things I've been told) that what you see at this time at the location you mentioned is not a complete version of what you'll see.

This is somewhat tricky, in that BWI is currently on one network, and is moving to another network. When I moved what is the BWI McAndrew board from the Plotit web site to BWI's web site, I had the freedom to tell folks that it was moving, what they could expect, what they should do to register, etc. I don't believe that I have that freedom in this situation. So I'm trying to walk the aforementioned fine line in giving folks a heads up, and preparing them, without being able to spell everything out.

Basically, the new location is not fully enabled, and won't be so until the move is made. So error messages, "insufficient privileges," etc. are not indicative of what things will be like once the move is made.

Follow the advise that @Used2BEerie posted, continue to post on this board, have some patience, and be prepared that one day in the somewhat near future we'll all be at a different location.

Yes, $1.08 for first year, then $99!
Cancel before the year comes up. My credit car seems to get hacked every 3-4 months via the 7-11 down the street, so I get new cards. It is a pain to have to supply the number for the few monthly purchases that I do, but it is great to weed out the stuff like this that you don't want to do.

It's only $99 for the second year if you don't cancel it

much appreciated. I've always enjoyed your posts, and hope to meet you at a dual one of these years.

A combo of my trying to be a tad cryptic, and also not having all the background details. I'm told that the wrestling board will be a free board. I'm pretty sure (suspicion and combo of things I've been told) that what you see at the this time at the location you mentioned is not a complete version of what you'll see.

This is somewhat tricky, in that BWI is currently on one network, and is moving to another network. When I moved what is the BWI McAndrew board from the Plotit web site to BWI's web site, I had the freedom to tell folks that it was moving, what they could expect, what they should do to register, etc. I don't believe that I have that freedom in this situation. So I'm trying to walk the aforementioned fine line in giving folks a heads up, and preparing them, without being able to spell everything out.

Basically, the new location is not fully enabled, and won't be so until the move is made. So error messages, "insufficient privileges," etc. are not indicative of what things will be like once the move is made.

Follow the advise that @Used2BEerie posted, continue to post on this board, have some patience, and be prepared that one day in the somewhat near future we'll all be at a different location.
Thanks for talking us off the ledge, and giving us as much info as you can.

Cancel before the year comes up. My credit car seems to get hacked every 3-4 months via the 7-11 down the street, so I get new cards. It is a pain to have to supply the number for the few monthly purchases that I do, but it is great to weed out the stuff like this that you don't want to do.

It's only $99 for the second year if you don't cancel it
I totally understand that, but I don't want to go into this knowing it all changes in a year. My point is that if we had to move in a year due to $99 then I would rather move now, but Tom says not to worry, so I will not.

Regardless of how things go, Tom, I have a ton of respect for what you built here, which is substantial, so thank you. This is definitely the best wrestling board out there, in my opinion.

Buy I'm not clear what you mean by incomplete data, nor can I infer as much from your post, but I'm seeing the same thing everyone else is. I've successfully registered, was able to easily find The Wrestling Room, but I can't read any of the comments or original posts because I "have insufficient privileges" and am prompted to subscribe. That doesn't feel like a bug but a feature working exactly as intended. So if it is a bug, this is a not-great rollout strategy because ON3 won't get a second chance to win the trust of some people.
I'm no expert on this, but if you view the Penn State site on the list of ON3 sites it still says "coming soon." I don't think that we are seeing the full functionality of the site over there yet, and likely won't until the site is fully launched. There is a significant date out there that it has been hinted at when the site will add personnel. I'd be surprised if that issue isn't resolved then.

I would agree that the roll-out strategy isn't great if this is the case. But doubtful that the free wrestling board part of their PSU roll-out is dominating much of the planning going on over there.

EDIT - didn't see Tom's post on this explaining exactly the same thing I typed above. For once, something I assumed and proceeded to post an opinion on seems to be correct! 😄

I totally understand that, but I don't want to go into this knowing it all changes in a year. My point is that if we had to move in a year due to $99 then I would rather move now, but Tom says not to worry, so I will not.
I don't think there is any reason to subscribe unless you are already subscribing to BWI here (for football content). If you are just here as a free subscriber enjoying the wrestling board, continue to do so, and then when/if everyone leaves for a new site, join then. For free.

Hey all. I was just able to create a free account. I can view all posts on the wrestling forum. I was also able to make a post of my own. I followed @Used2BEerie's advice. Once I was registered, I got the same errors as everyone else. I then clicked on the logout button on the site.

When I logged back in, I could see everything and post. Still couldn't update my avatar though.

Hey all. I was just able to create a free account. I can view all posts on the wrestling forum. I was also able to make a post of my own. I followed @Used2BEerie's advice. Once I was registered, I got the same errors as everyone else. I then clicked on the logout button on the site.

When I logged back in, I could see everything and post. Still couldn't update my avatar though.
Nice! Yes, there is a notice that you need to log out and then log in once after you have registered to get rid of the insufficient privileges message. If that's the case, the migration can start now!

Honestly, even if it wasn't free, NittFan's effort is well worth the $1.08. Crop would probably pony up more.

Rumor has it, Iowa guys will pay double.

Yeah, logging out and in again at ON3 gets rid of the privileges error. Odd that I didn't get a confirmation email when I first registered, or anything. I suspect that's a security hole because that means anyone can create an account with garbage credentials, but maybe they fix that eventually.

Software appears to be identical to here, which is good news b/c this is solid as message boards go. Nominal aesthetic differences but pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:
Yeah, logging out and in again at ON3 gets rid of the privileges error. Odd that I didn't get a confirmation email when I first registered, or anything. I suspect that's a security hole because that means anyone can create an account with garbage credentials, but maybe they fix that eventually.

Software appears to be identical to here, which is good news b/c this is solid as message boards go. Nominal aesthetic differences but pretty much the same thing.
I see somebody has already resurrected Spyker. Too soon to put him on ignore?

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
These message boards are kind of a middle ground for many users. It's not Facebook (thankfully) but it isn't as good as IRC, Discord, Reddit.
A community like ours could thrive elsewhere as long as it's free, and posting/reading is easy to do. If the new board isn't free, I'm sure I'll see some of you elsewhere.

I was just able to create a free account on on3 (go to login, the. register), and then, after logging out and back in again, could see the forums and even post. Looks like a pretty good copy of this site’s functionality. Should be an easy transition for the most part.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I was just able to create a free account on on3 (go to login, the. register), and then, after logging out and back in again, could see the forums and even post. Looks like a pretty good copy of this site’s functionality. Should be an easy transition for the most part.
Now all you have to do is figure out how to do a meta data transfer of all the posts in one thread on here to on3

It looks pretty good. Only thing I noticed that I dont like is you cant delete posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Does anyone have a step by step of how to do this for us old farts
1. Click here: https://www.on3.com/

2. Ignore the paid account options (unless that's what you really want). To create a free account: in the upper RH corner, click Login.

3. Click on Register. Enter your email, handle, and password. Passwords must be 8+ characters including at least 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, and 1 number.

4. Click on the icon in the upper RH corner, then click on Logout. (You need to do this when you first create your account in order to activate it.)

5. Log back in -- see Step 2 above.

6. On the home page, hover over Teams, then click on Forums, then scroll down to the Penn State section.

7. Start posting. The functionality is very similar to here.

I'm no expert on this, but if you view the Penn State site on the list of ON3 sites it still says "coming soon." I don't think that we are seeing the full functionality of the site over there yet, and likely won't until the site is fully launched. There is a significant date out there that it has been hinted at when the site will add personnel. I'd be surprised if that issue isn't resolved then.

I would agree that the roll-out strategy isn't great if this is the case. But doubtful that the free wrestling board part of their PSU roll-out is dominating much of the planning going on over there.

EDIT - didn't see Tom's post on this explaining exactly the same thing I typed above. For once, something I assumed and proceeded to post an opinion on seems to be correct! 😄
So how do I find this site somewhere else. Do I go to on3 and then BWI will be on there do I have to register all over again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT