ADVERTISEMENT

IT’s IOWA WEEK!! 2023 Edition

I think 126, 133, 174 and 184 are sure things.

The rest are basically toss-ups. A couple lean one way or the other, but either wrestler has at least a reasonable chance at winning.

126 being six for Iowa hurts. I hope we get some of that lost bonus back at 133, 174 and 184. Getting bonus at any of those weights is a toss-up as well.

Someone earlier in week made an obscure post that Steen wouldn't be Spencer's opponent or something along those lines. I don't even think anyone replied to whoever posted it. Also, wasn't Wil a 133? He'd be a big 125 and against a small Steen, I could see him being able to beat him.
The reason this comment was blown off is that it was made last Sunday between the two matches last weekend, and Steen had a poor performance getting teched by Medley, but then he later redeemed himself Sunday, so I (and I assumed everyone else here) just figured the MSU match fixed things for Steen.

We’ll see, I guess. Obviously, if Betancourt made weight and beat Steen, he should wrestle going forward, but getting pinned in a minute instead of getting pinned in 30 seconds really makes no difference for tonight.

I’m not convinced even Glory will avoid bonus points this year. Spencer has been going scorched earth since the dust up vs Ayala, and I’m not sure Glory can get out of the way of that tornado.

What’s your ranking of bouts in terms of outcome certainty? I’ll take first crack …

I would think the four defending National Champs from 2022 would have to be listed first
😁

Last edited:
Reactions: ccdiver
11 hours. But who’s counting?
Prop bets:
3: Over/under on the number of times Terry threatens to throw his shoe?
1.5: # of matches before the first attempted shoe throw
3.5: # of matches before the first brick is thrown by either team
5: max number of Iowa coaches standing on the Resolite at any one time
2: number of times Cael is caught smiling on camera
1.5: number of PSU wrestlers at 157 who are announced
40 mins: length of first 5 bouts
5: total number of stall calls
41: total points scored in all matches by PSU
29: total points scored by Iowa in all matches

Reactions: Verolion
Prop bets:
3: Over/under on the number of times Terry threatens to throw his shoe?
1.5: # of matches before the first attempted shoe throw
3.5: # of matches before the first brick is thrown by either team
5: max number of Iowa coaches standing on the Resolite at any one time
2: number of times Cael is caught smiling on camera
1.5: number of PSU wrestlers at 157 who are announced
40 mins: length of first 5 bouts
5: total number of stall calls
41: total points scored in all matches by PSU
29: total points scored by Iowa in all matches
Any drinking games to use tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT