ADVERTISEMENT

IT’s IOWA WEEK!! 2023 Edition

We're in a reloading year. They're replacing huge points at 133 with Teske or Schriever (who I don't really see either making a hugh splash at Nationals), broke even at 141 between Eierman and Woods, Murin is still there, going from AA in Young to Siebrecht (loss in points), I'll call 165 even between Bull and Kennedy, huge dropoff from Kemmerer to Nelson Brands at 174, and 184-285 is the same.

It's a rebuilding year for them because they aren't realistically in the conversation for a national championship, at least not without a perfect tournament and a collapse by PSU. But realistically, they're in a battle for 2nd-4th.
It’s only rebuilding if you’re breaking out big timers next year. After Lee, Murin, Warner, and Cass leave, replacements are a drop off.

Nothing close to SVN, Haines, and Facundo who are the new trio to lead the Nits to the next level.
Taylor (2), Ruth (3), Wright (2) to
Nolf (3), Nickel (3), Joseph (2) to
RBY (2), CStar (2), Brooks (2)
and all the studs in between.

Each trio gets better. First one was 7, next was 8, and the current group could very well be at 9 at the end of the season.

Reactions: danoftw
It’s only rebuilding if you’re breaking out big timers next year. After Lee, Murin, Warner, and Cass leave, replacements are a drop off.

Nothing close to SVN, Haines, and Facundo who are the new trio to lead the Nits to the next level.

Each trio gets better. First one was 7, next was 8, and the current group could very well be at 9 at the end of the season.
Hmm, seems like someone kind of significant is missing . . .

Even though I am posting on this thread, what I have to say relates to comments made in several threads recently. I had never blocked anyone until the last six months or so when a few posters finally broke me down and for my mental health I decided to block them. I recently decided to unblock them, thinking that maybe I had overreacted, but unfortunately it's back to blocking again. For the 99+% of posters here who make this such an enjoyable forum, thanks!

Where is Zain!!!!

All the studs in-between. Crazy the in between list is almost as big as the ones mentioned as trios.

Zain, Nick and Mark indeed.

No love for Cassar, Frank, Max or Q?

This thread is spiraling out of control.

If I was Cael

Project lineup just to mess with Statler and Waldorf.

125 Steen or RBY
133 RBY or shunk
141 Bartlett or RBY
149 Bartlett or SVN
157 SVN or Bear Claw or Haines
164 Haines or AF
174 Carter or AF
184 brooks or Carter
197 Carter or Dean
HWY kerk or Nevis or Ball

Last edited:
Cael's decision to fill his team with good wrestlers was DIABOLICAL. Only Cael could have thought of something like that!
Still waiting for the twins to catch on. I hope they stay for ever. It's getting very predictable.

Reactions: danoftw
f4bde1a1d857949b4a2a77fbe5bc4815114196cd.jpg

giphy.gif

2txgew.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @johnstownsteel, word in the trib is Lar is staying at the Murin's. Now is your time to shine buddy. Maybe you could do Cael a solid and pick Lar's brain for some "insider" info, I think that would really help Cael out. TIA.

I love RBY's answer here. Basically, Spencer is one of the greatest, I have nothing but respect for his ability, and I'm ready for the challenge if it happens, and if it doesn't, let's do a PPV after the season to make it happen. This is how champions think, and the reason why I think there's a decent chance it would have happened if Ayala were available at 125. I'm sure Spencer thinks the same way and would jump at the chance to go after RBY.

As a fan of wrestling (not just Penn State), I've been thinking about how to get this to actually happen. The best thing to do would be to start the dual at 141. Then, both teams/coaches will know if 125 and 133 are relevant to the final outcome. If not, then let Spencer and RBY go at it for the fans' sake. For example, if the score is within 2 points either way, then obviously Iowa will want to bank the 6 points at 125 and split the weights and win the match. OTOH, if PSU wins 7 of 8 weight classes between 141 and HWT and are up 22-3 or something like that, then let's set up the match of the century that everyone wants to see to close it out because the dual outcome is already determined.

Do it, Cael.

Reactions: APSPSUwrestlingfan
Hey @johnstownsteel, word in the trib is Lar is staying at the Murin's. Now is your time to shine buddy. Maybe you could do Cael a solid and pick Lar's brain for some "insider" info, I think that would really help Cael out. TIA.
You are not going to believe this but I am literally looking at the Murins house right now. Lol. Btw, if you gotta come this way roads in ebensburg are getting slick.

You are not going to believe this but I am literally looking at the Murins house right now. Lol. Btw, if you gotta come this way roads in ebensburg are getting slick.
Is it icy out there now? What's the forecast until Friday? I have to drive from Philly to IUP to pick up my son Friday then back through Ebensberg and up to State College. It's all rain on this side of the state (and temps in the 40s), and Friday is supposed to be cold but clear and dry.

I love RBY's answer here. Basically, Spencer is one of the greatest, I have nothing but respect for his ability, and I'm ready for the challenge if it happens, and if it doesn't, let's do a PPV after the season to make it happen. This is how champions think, and the reason why I think there's a decent chance it would have happened if Ayala were available at 125. I'm sure Spencer thinks the same way and would jump at the chance to go after RBY.

As a fan of wrestling (not just Penn State), I've been thinking about how to get this to actually happen. The best thing to do would be to start the dual at 141. Then, both teams/coaches will know if 125 and 133 are relevant to the final outcome. If not, then let Spencer and RBY go at it for the fans' sake. For example, if the score is within 2 points either way, then obviously Iowa will want to bank the 6 points at 125 and split the weights and win the match. OTOH, if PSU wins 7 of 8 weight classes between 141 and HWT and are up 22-3 or something like that, then let's set up the match of the century that everyone wants to see to close it out because the dual outcome is already determined.

Do it, Cael.
in fairness though, that really doesn't work, because Spencer is giving up weight. Freak show exhibition is really the only pathway. Maybe that thing they do every year in Japan?

Reactions: jmadden1998
Is it icy out there now? What's the forecast until Friday? I have to drive from Philly to IUP to pick up my son Friday then back through Ebensberg and up to State College. It's all rain on this side of the state (and temps in the 40s), and Friday is supposed to be cold but clear and dry.
Yes a little slick and light snow covering it. Very foggy and snowing right now. Later mix of freezing rain sleet and snow. and snow. It suppose to all be out of way by Friday. Btw, I was able to type this while sitting at red light at sheetz. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT