ADVERTISEMENT

It won’t be long for Lou Anna the hypocrite

oh go ahea
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm no biologist), but doesn't the future of our species sort of depend on us living in a heterosexual society?
oh go ahead and get all scientific with me... and don't be doing any of that jedi mind trick logic thing here neither! lmao

The entire leadership of the state Legislature has now called for Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon to resign or be removed in the wake of the Larry Nassar scandal.

Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof and Senate Minority Leader Jim Ananich joined state House Minority Leader Sam Singh and Senator Curtis Hertel Jr., both of Lansing, in calling for Simon's resignation Thursday. House Speaker Tom Leonard had earlier called for Simon's dismissal.

This follows a Detroit News report that 14 Michigan State officials, including Simon, were aware of the accusations against Nassar as early as 2014, only to clear the sports doctor after a Title IX investigation.

In a joint statement, the Senate leaders said, “In light of recent news, it is clear that the Michigan State University Board of Trustees should act swiftly to remove President Simon from her position at MSU. The Senate has lost confidence in President Simon’s ability to lead one of our state’s finest universities. The MSU community deserves better from its leadership.”

Quite simply, I don't understand your point MtNittany.
I guess my point is that after the OAG/Patriot News net was cast (basically to anyone that could spell Penn State) that it seems odd that no prominent local business leader or some such would have come forward.

A HS mate of mine is a Harvard Law professor. He actually ran for President in 2016. A few years ago, he came out and said he was abused in a boys choir growing up - a national thing w/ kids from all backgrounds. The abuser didn't know if he was rich or poor or if he was going to grow up to be a scholar or a truck driver.

An add on: I get your question, I just don't see TSM as most here. Not if AF is their spokesperson.
I guess my point blank, crude question is where are the "I overcame JS' abuse, and look at what I've done w/ my life" stories? - before any settlement money.

Last edited:
The entire leadership of the state Legislature has now called for Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon to resign or be removed in the wake of the Larry Nassar scandal.

Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof and Senate Minority Leader Jim Ananich joined state House Minority Leader Sam Singh and Senator Curtis Hertel Jr., both of Lansing, in calling for Simon's resignation Thursday. House Speaker Tom Leonard had earlier called for Simon's dismissal.

This follows a Detroit News report that 14 Michigan State officials, including Simon, were aware of the accusations against Nassar as early as 2014, only to clear the sports doctor after a Title IX investigation.

In a joint statement, the Senate leaders said, “In light of recent news, it is clear that the Michigan State University Board of Trustees should act swiftly to remove President Simon from her position at MSU. The Senate has lost confidence in President Simon’s ability to lead one of our state’s finest universities. The MSU community deserves better from its leadership.”
All Lou Anna Simon and others had to do was make a simple telephone call and report Nassar. None did. That's what I'd call pretty pervasive.

Reactions: 91Joe95

Only been a matter of time once the victims finally got enough support to turn up the heat.

She’s toast

A Detroit News article about this at THIS LINK.

From the article, a paragraph that is such a contrast to what took place in Nov. 2011 in Pennsylvania:

Gov. Rick Snyder declined to weigh in on Simon’s future with MSU, which he views as “the responsibility of the trustees at the university,” said spokeswoman Anna Heaton. She confirmed that Trustee Brian Breslin works in the governor’s office but said Simon’s job status “isn’t something they’ve discussed.”

Not so fast. The media outrage which I’m reading today is pretty devastating. It also states that MSU is contesting lawsuits from at least 130 victims. So there are three major differences I see. One that there was no big name (Paterno) at MSU to associate with these crimes, second, that they (MSU) are contesting the lawsuits rather than agreeing on culpability, although itn some cases it sounds as if that was only after failed arbitration. Third, many may view this as a crime but not one which is in MSU’s court, since Nassar was involved in several athletic organizations outside of the MSU/NCAA umbrella. But he was a faculty member at MSU while this went on, which is worse than the Sandusky situation.

By the time this is over, MSU may be much worse than PSU with regards to payouts - several hundred million easily. And I can also imagine a federal investigation will occur regarding why Nassar was not reported by MSU, and his actions stopped after the athletes complained of abuse. Simon and others are on very weak ground here. Whether the NCAA gets involved or whether the Big10 does anything is another matter. Frankly I don’t think they know what to do. At most they will look for a way to cover their own asses. And institutional control is an issue to address, but how? They aren’t going to bring sanctions against the gymnastics team! I can imagine however some sort of hefty fines being imposed against the university as a result.
The NCAA will hammer Central Michigan and take 3 scholarships away from the women's gymnastics team.

They just gave her a raise. What the heck is that about. Looks like they will only get rid of her if their hands are forced.
MSU learned well from PSU. If you start firing people it only makes you look guilty.

It’s beyond sad. I wish this never happened, and I wish those girls never got abused. I’d rather keep my disdain for Simon as a life lesson for myself and those I can teach, and only have the Penn State thing happen, rather than these girls being abused to so that she gets hers.

But, here we are in this reality. And nothing can be done to Simon and MSU that will be satisfying enough to bury them for the evil hypocrites they truly are. There isn’t a word or words that can describe how I’ll feel when this ivory tower crashes to the ground. Schadenfreude doesn’t come close either. Schadenfreude x 1000 maybe; as long as they get what’s coming to them. Jail time. Shut down the whole MSU athletics program for a year.

This was THE real example of a systemic failure where people actually in charge of protecting young people could have actually done that. But they failed those young people. Beyond sickening.

Ouch...

In Lindsey's statement she said it's a shame that the people she feels were responsible for allowing Nassar to prey on women could watch from the sidelines. That includes MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon whose short appearance, Lindsey said, was too late. "I think she's been destroying lives for the past 20 years," said Lindsey.

Lindsey Lemke told us she had to quit the sport she loved due to a back injury. When Simon appeared in court during the last hours of the second day of sentencing, Lindsey told News 10 she was watching her. Lindsey described Simon, "she sat in the back corner, most victims she wasn't even looking at while they spoke, she was writing something in a notebook."

Initially, MSU put out a statement saying president Simon wouldn't attend the victim statements because she didn't want to cause a distraction. Lindsey said Simon also mentioned that she was concerned with taking up space. Lindsey calls both reasons poor excuses. "Well this issue has been a distraction for so many girls for however long, and that's an excuse. You are one person and you took up one chair, there's an overflow room too. We have plenty of room for you to be here."

Lindsey tells us that she heard another excuse from president Simon, that the president didn't have time in her schedule for court Thursday. Hearing that especially didn't sit well when Lindsey addressed the court

"Well, Lou Anna Simon I can assure you none of us had time in our schedule for the past 5-20 years Larry Nassar to abuse us, but we had no choice. Nor did we have the time in our schedule for therapy, tears, stress, anxiety, panic attacks, sleepless nights, guilt, or for some self-harm," said Lindsey during her court statement.

Afterwards, she reflected on Simon not knowing her name and what she called a lack of empathy. "She was blanked faced, she had no idea what to say, she didn't know my story and I said 'that's funny because I'm the one who filed as a current member of the Michigan State's gymnastics team, and you had Kathy Klages coach, and she had no idea who I was.' That's your job as a president," said Lindsey.

Just to ‘bring it all home’ regarding Lou Anna Simon- someone please post her quotes about PSU and C/S/S.

Michigan State board of trustees hold meeting following calls for president to resign
10:50 AM ET
  • Dan MurphyESPN Staff Writer

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State's board of trustees is meeting Friday morning to "discuss matters related to the Nassar investigation," a university spokesman said.

The meeting comes in the wake of calls for university president Lou Anna Simon to step down, as she has been widely criticized this week for both her and the school's response to former Michigan State doctor Larry Nassar's serial sexual abuse. Calls for her ouster grew louder this week during a sentencing hearing in Lansing for Nassar's crimes.

Nothing is going to happen here along the lines of PSU. There is no big media outrage, nor coverage. It's not being blasted 24/7, even as he stands trial.
I guess this is the difference between a school like MSU and us. We are bigger, more well known and more relevant. And we suffered for it.

As far as perhaps media goes I agree but we are also in a media/controversy overload right now from everything that includes Trump..to the me too movement...to MSU.

I personally think...the biggest difference...may have been...there was really not a lot happening in terms of competing "sensational" stories at the time Sandusky's crimes cam e to light.

Yes...the endif picked up on a central figure in Joe Paterno...but again...what else was really happening at the time?

So IMO...this is not necessarily Apples to Apples...where the story will REALLY come to light at MSU...is when we see more resignations at the top...indictments coming down...or a sense of what this may cost MSU...Olympic Gymnastics etc.

I think this story is just still building...and the fact that there have been links to suicides...death...whoa Nellie...

As much as Delaney and Emmert have been so resistant to say anything...they eventually will have to say something...they are getting backed into a corner...obviously they are waiting till everything becomes even more clear...they did not do that with PSU...they and everyone else rushed to immediate judgement.

When you again look at how long the actually indictment came down with Sandusky..to the actual start and finish of the trial...its even more incredible that the case was rushed through so quickly.

Simon is going down..though I'm curious...why Mark Hollis's name has not been brought up..at all...Nassar was part of or employed by the MSU "Athletic Department"...yes?

Of course..they now find themselves in a real predicament...is firing Simon...an acknowledgment of guilt ?

You have to figure...their Lawyers...PR etc are weighing heavily in on any of these decisions...

And...what is their Insurer saying ? I'm sure their is a financial risk management team looking into what the casualty could be for MSU.

Though firing back at Prosecutors may be the right thing to do to help protect yourselves from further financial damage...how it effects MSU in the court of Public Opinion...wow...

The news is getting out...heard a number of people talking about this...AND that whacko California couple who chained their kids to furniture being discussed during commute into NYC this am.

Michigan State board of trustees hold meeting following calls for president to resign
10:50 AM ET
  • Dan MurphyESPN Staff Writer

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State's board of trustees is meeting Friday morning to "discuss matters related to the Nassar investigation," a university spokesman said.

The meeting comes in the wake of calls for university president Lou Anna Simon to step down, as she has been widely criticized this week for both her and the school's response to former Michigan State doctor Larry Nassar's serial sexual abuse. Calls for her ouster grew louder this week during a sentencing hearing in Lansing for Nassar's crimes.

They've back themselves into a corner. If they fire her due to pressure from not only the state government but the student body, it screams guilt. If they don't fire her, they ruin their relationship with the state government and student admissions will probably suffer. Damned if they do damned if they don't. the RIGHT thing to do is obviously fire her and everyone involved, then open up a HUGE endowment for the victims and hope that's enough to keep them from suing the university out of existence. Will they do the right thing though????

More from the Detroit News. They call out Simon as well as the Michigan AG who seems “curiously uninterested in determining who knew what and when inside the MSU administration”. (He is apparently running for Governor). They say his “indifference borders on dereliction of duty”. -

EDITORIAL
Our Editorial: Time’s up for MSU’s Lou Anna Simon
A
heartbreaking testimony of 101 of Nassar’s victims and a detailed report from The Detroit News blowing holes in MSU’s claims of total ignorance of the doctor’s wrongdoing raises the outrage level to a point that can no longer be ignored.

President Simon is not complicit in enabling Nassar’s horrors — it’s hard to know what she knew and when she knew it. But she should be held responsible for bottling up the investigation into who at MSU may be culpable in brushing aside complaints and allowing his abuses to continue.

The urgency of action on the part of MSU was driven home in the most poignant way this week, as Nassar’s victims stood bravely in a Lansing courtroom and one after another shared their wrenching stories of abuse. Many said they tried to tell their parents, their coaches and trainers, other MSU doctors and even police, but were disbelieved, shamed, brushed off or bullied into silence.

The News’ reporting identified 14 MSU staffers who in some fashion were made aware of the girls’ complaints, but either did not act, or acted instead to protect Nassar.

The group includes Simon, who was briefed about a 2014 Title IX complaint against Nassar, but allowed him to keep seeing the patients referred to him by the MSU gymnastics program for another nearly two years. How many young women might have been spared had Simon suspended Nassar pending the outcome of the investigation?

That’s one of the many questions Attorney General Bill Schuette should ask. But he seems curiously uninterested in determining who knew what and when inside the MSU administration and athletic and osteopathic medicine programs.

Schuette’s indifference borders on dereliction of duty, the same charge he leveled against state workers who failed to act to protect citizens in the Flint water crisis. How is the Michigan State case different? And how does it differ from Penn State University, where a university president, vice president and athletic director were criminally convicted for not protecting boys from abuse on their campus by a former assistant football coach?

Schuette, who is running for governor, must step beyond any political calculations and do his job before he can make a legitimate claim to the next one he seeks.

Likewise, the elected members of the MSU board of trustees have not fulfilled the watchdog role voters entrusted to them, choosing instead to close ranks around Simon and the university administration and athletics program.

The elected board members failed miserably in meeting their responsibility to hold the administration accountable. Their names are: Brian Breslin, Joel Ferguson, Dianne Byrum, Melanie Foster, Dan Kelly, Brian Mosallam, Mitch Lyons and George Perles.

The trustees were not sent to MSU by voters to schmooze in fancy suites at football games. They have an oversight role, and have been too weak to fulfill it.

Both Simon and the board are complicit in fostering the canard that an outside attorney, Patrick Fitzgerald, had done an independent investigation and found no evidence on the part of MSU officials of Nassar’s criminal behavior. In reality, Fitzgerald was not hired to do a thorough investigation, and never did one. His contract with the university is to shield it from liability in the civil cases, not to expose its failures.

The pretense that Fitzgerald cleared MSU amounts to a cover-up.

This week we heard a volume of tragic stories from the victims of Nassar, some now raising families of their own. We have heard in court the damage his abuse has done to them. What we haven’t heard is whether MSU could have done anything to protect them.

Answering that question starts with President Simon. Many of those who were alerted to the abuse, according to The News’ reporting, are still on staff at MSU.

Simon has shown no indication she is willing to determine for herself if they had a chance to stop Nassar, but failed.

Simon should go voluntarily, and the board must install a new president committed to full transparency, one who can begin the process of restoring MSU’s integrity and reputation.

The voices calling for Simon’s resignation are growing, and include both the Democratic and Republican leaders of the Legislature, the MSU student newspaper and the hometown Lansing State Journal.

We add our voice.

For two decades MSU handed over innocent, trusting girls and young women to a sexual predator. There is growing evidence Nassar might have been stopped, had the early complaints raised by his victims been taken seriously.

Justice for those who suffered Nassar’s assaults demands a full and unobstructed accounting from MSU.

Originally Published 10:42 p.m. ET Jan. 18, 2018
Updated 3 hours ago

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ditorial-times-msus-lou-anna-simon/109588876/

As far as perhaps media goes I agree but we are also in a media/controversy overload right now from everything that includes Trump..to the me too movement...to MSU.

I personally think...the biggest difference...may have been...there was really not a lot happening in terms of competing "sensational" stories at the time Sandusky's crimes cam e to light.

Yes...the endif picked up on a central figure in Joe Paterno...but again...what else was really happening at the time?

So IMO...this is not necessarily Apples to Apples...where the story will REALLY come to light at MSU...is when we see more resignations at the top...indictments coming down...or a sense of what this may cost MSU...Olympic Gymnastics etc.

I think this story is just still building...and the fact that there have been links to suicides...death...whoa Nellie...

As much as Delaney and Emmert have been so resistant to say anything...they eventually will have to say something...they are getting backed into a corner...obviously they are waiting till everything becomes even more clear...they did not do that with PSU...they and everyone else rushed to immediate judgement.

When you again look at how long the actually indictment came down with Sandusky..to the actual start and finish of the trial...its even more incredible that the case was rushed through so quickly.

Simon is going down..though I'm curious...why Mark Hollis's name has not been brought up..at all...Nassar was part of or employed by the MSU "Athletic Department"...yes?
Agreed! I remember when the shitstorm hit that I was desperately hoping for Charlie Sheen to show up on TMZ's website with a picture of a smoldering van under a circus big top and CS being dragged out by two trannie hookers; all 3 of them wearing nothing but a condom (or something to that effect).

Please don’t ever say “strip” in connection with lou anna simon.

:eek:
Jeeeze Bob..man up....it's not like I'm asking you to
V
V
V
V​

dike.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT