ADVERTISEMENT

J.T. Tuimoloau

DUNNELLONFLBUCK

Jun 16, 2014
All the Buck sites are saying that this was the greatest game a player has ever had for the Buckeyes in over a hundred years. What do the Penn State fans say? Was it the greatest individual game ever played in Happy Valley or against Penn State?

He was certainly dominant. We've had our fair share of greats. I never saw Mike Reid play but he could be in that level. Lavar Arrington was a gamechanger who had many games where he was very impactful.

OSU dude had a helluva game. How much our relative incomptent play at Tackle and QB had to do with it should also be a consideration. Congrats to your guy. He earned it.

Reactions: aworsnup and therod
Doug Flutie was unstoppable.
Still have my SKIN FLUTIE painters cap that we sold to pay for our tailgating kegs for that game. We brought in lights if I recall for a prime time game. Was on the field after the game when the goalposts went down. Scary as hell as the crowd crush to avoid the crash was crazy. My buddy scooped me up and kept me from harms way. One of the dumber things I've done. Great memory's. Thanks for the reminder

All the Buck sites are saying that this was the greatest game a player has ever had for the Buckeyes in over a hundred years. What do the Penn State fans say? Was it the greatest individual game ever played in Happy Valley or against Penn State?
He played against an undersized, backup RT so while your player had a great game I'd be more impressed if he had the game against our LT who is projected to be a first round draft choice.

Reactions: psuno1 and royboy
Please don’t interpret this as throwing shade. However, I am a little less impressed than everyone else about JT’s game. Yes, he is a great player whose plays may have prevented an upset all by himself, but it felt like a power forward suddenly getting hot and shooting threes like Steph Curry.

He had 2 interceptions. He made a nice play on a ball to Allen who misplayed it. JT will rarely cover a back like that, especially when the back is a freshman who misplays it. His pick 6 was great but 99% of the time the ball is just batted down.

The early play where he batted the ball on a screen pass and a teammate intercepted, well he was intentionally unblocked. He made the play, but Clifford should have gotten it past him somehow. Sadly, it looked like the screen was set up for a big play.

Sacking and stripping Clifford was actually his best play. A power forward with a thunderous dunk type play.

No shade, but it didn’t seem like a performance he will ever repeat.

Please don’t interpret this as throwing shade. However, I am a little less impressed than everyone else about JT’s game. Yes, he is a great player whose plays may have prevented an upset all by himself, but it felt like a power forward suddenly getting hot and shooting threes like Steph Curry.

He had 2 interceptions. He made a nice play on a ball to Allen who misplayed it. JT will rarely cover a back like that, especially when the back is a freshman who misplays it. His pick 6 was great but 99% of the time the ball is just batted down.

The early play where he batted the ball on a screen pass and a teammate intercepted, well he was intentionally unblocked. He made the play, but Clifford should have gotten it past him somehow. Sadly, it looked like the screen was set up for a big play.

Sacking and stripping Clifford was actually his best play. A power forward with a thunderous dunk type play.

No shade, but it didn’t seem like a performance he will ever repeat.
The guy was the #1 defensive prospect in his class. When you have someone like that have a game like this, I understand the excitement. I hadn’t really heard much of him at tOSU prior to this. Was it a coming out party or a really bad day by Clifford? Time will tell. One of the most impressive performances I remember is PSU at Purdue in 1999. Drew Brees was giving us fits and our offense was struggling,
then Lavar took over - a strip sack TD and blocked FG. Turned the game around completely.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Absolutely finest defensive performance in the Beav. that I have ever seen in 55 years. Interesting to note. Take away the first 10 minutes and the last ten minutes and he was pretty invisible. But man what a Superman performance! And that’s what it took to beat the Nits... let that sink in Buckeye fans.

Great game. But to me Larry Johnson had some of the greatest games I can recall. He was the only back I have seem that truly looked like the great Jimmy Brown. Look at the replays and you will be amazed.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
The funniest part of this post is that you somehow think posters here keep track of that crap. I don't think I could name one of the top 20 greatest buckeye performances of all time.

Would love to see psu fans just let this thread die off. Very buckeye-like to return to the board after the game to gloat. That's what this is. They were down through 3+ quarters to a team that they were favored by like 3 scores against, were cursing at their screens, and now they are here to gloat to make themselves feel better. They are too obvious and the most insecure fan base in the nation. Just let the thread go. Those clowns can post their mancrushes on their own boards with fellow insecure fans that need reassuring.

We all know if Michigan doesn't manhandle them again this year that an SEC team will send them packing yet again.

Art Still for Kentucky in 1977 was good. He helped to prevent our team from being undefeated.

He was certainly dominant. We've had our fair share of greats. I never saw Mike Reid play but he could be in that level. Lavar Arrington was a gamechanger who had many games where he was very impactful.

OSU dude had a helluva game. How much our relative incomptent play at Tackle and QB had to do with it should also be a consideration. Congrats to your guy. He earned it.
I saw Mike Reid play and Tuimoloau couldn't carry Mike's jockstrap. Reid's performance in the 1969 Orange Bowl was far better than Tuimoloau's performance last weekend. Reid totally controlled the game by himself. I was there. Reid was amazing.

Reactions: psuno1
Nobody mentioned had nearly the game Tuimoloau had. Not even close. Just sayin.
I think you are on the wrong message board and if not I have no idea why anyone here would care what about what an OSU Player did against PSU. You Buckeye fans are weird in that you all seem to think other teams care about your team.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
The funniest part of this post is that you somehow think posters here keep track of that crap. I don't think I could name one of the top 20 greatest buckeye performances of all time.
No not Buckeye performances, any players performance at Penn State. Just asking.

No not Buckeye performances, any players performance at Penn State. Just asking.
It was without question the greatest individual defensive performance possibly any performance against PSU in modern times (last 40ish years). I think of Ty Detmer as one of the best individual performances from any position against PSU, as well as Derrick Thomas. I put JT above that, which is really tough to do for a Dline player.
Best performance ever

Reactions: barley8500 and Ian
Don't know about an individual performance there, but as a team defensive performance, how about the time #5 PSU had 5 interceptions and recovered 3 fumbles in Ohio Stadium when they shut out the #6 Bucks and their highly-touted freshman future multi-time felon QB in 1978?

Reactions: ryoder1

I think Clifford and Bryce Effner had a major role in making the guy look like Reggie White.

Reactions: 81b&w
In CONTEXT the plays were made against our back up tackle, not our starter. if your objective you had to grade the performance against the opponent to understand how good it really was.

We’ve had some of the best defenses and best defensive players in the history of college football, I seriously doubt that one game by a player on another team in 2022 is the best in the history of the stadium.

Reactions: 81b&w and psu1969a
We’ve had some of the best defenses and best defensive players in the history of college football, I seriously doubt that one game by a player on another team in 2022 is the best in the history of the stadium.
OK Name one that was better.

ADVERTISEMENT