ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxon Smolik Game Film

hawkod

Apr 6, 2007
Just returned from Jaxon Smolik's 1st game of the season back here in Iowa. I'm a fan of his opponent in this game (Southeast Polk), but came away very impressed with Jaxon's talents. He definitely has a Big 10 arm. Our school produced Kyle Orton a number of years ago, so got to see a future NFL QB for 3 years. I'm going to post a YouTube link to the game for anyone interested; I know it's more tedious to go through an entire game but we all know how biased everyone's highlight reels are. His high school (Dowling Catholic) was state champs 7 consecutive years prior to the last 2. Jaxon broke his collarbone against us in the season opener last year, so I didn't see much of him. I think he'll be able to compete for the job eventually in State College. FWIW, #74 for Southeast Polk is Kadyn Proctor, 5* tackle ranked #7 overall in the 2023 class. #3 is Abu Sama, an Iowa State commit on defense (even though he tore things up on offense in this game). He had the 2nd longest long jump in the nation this spring as a junior (24' 10"). Good luck to the Nitts this year.

Just returned from Jaxon Smolik's 1st game of the season back here in Iowa. I'm a fan of his opponent in this game (Southeast Polk), but came away very impressed with Jaxon's talents. He definitely has a Big 10 arm. Our school produced Kyle Orton a number of years ago, so got to see a future NFL QB for 3 years. I'm going to post a YouTube link to the game for anyone interested; I know it's more tedious to go through an entire game but we all know how biased everyone's highlight reels are. His high school (Dowling Catholic) was state champs 7 consecutive years prior to the last 2. Jaxon broke his collarbone against us in the season opener last year, so I didn't see much of him. I think he'll be able to compete for the job eventually in State College. FWIW, #74 for Southeast Polk is Kadyn Proctor, 5* tackle ranked #7 overall in the 2023 class. #3 is Abu Sama, an Iowa State commit on defense (even though he tore things up on offense in this game). He had the 2nd longest long jump in the nation this spring as a junior (24' 10"). Good luck to the Nitts this year.
This seems to be a good year for Iowa as far as producing D1 talent. Proctor is going to be a beast. I wasn’t aware of Sama. I’m impressed with how he ran away from people on his first long TD run. I wonder if he’ll get a shot on offense at ISU. Too bad this game was week one. If history is any guide Dowling will close the gap if they meet again. Always nice to see a public school beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT