ADVERTISEMENT

OT/FC: Jim Boeheim Hits & Kills Pedestrian

As much as I can’t stand Pissheim, nothing will come out of it. Just sounds like a unfortunate accident.

So sad. It blows my mind that people crash because of icy conditions then get OUT OF THEIR VEHICLE and stand on the side of the road to watch other vehicles try to navigate the same icy conditions. I see it all the time on my travels. Stay in your vehicle or get to a safe area only when no other vehicles are passing.

if memory serves me correct, I don't believe Joe Paterno ever killed a guy. Yet another feather in the cap to separate oneself.

I had to make a long drive yesterday for the memorial of a dear friend. The road conditions were horrible- I had inches of ice on the front bumper and grill and had to stop repeatedly to keep the headlights clear and to get ice off the wiper arms.

I have an intense dislike for Boeheim, but if the description is correct......it could have been any one of us involved. I'll give him a pass on this and pray for everyone involved. I still hate his guts for the things he said about Joe however. Do I need to once again mention the curse of Joe Paterno? We had a similar tragedy involving Baldwin?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...s-pedestrian-on-highway/ar-BBTTWcK?ocid=ientp

"Syracuse police indicated Boeheim is cooperating with the investigation of the incident. Boeheim was given a routine blood-alcohol test, which showed no alcohol in his system, a 0.0 BAC. Boeheim was then released following a police interview."

Of course, syracuse has a big game coming up against duke. boeheim runs the place.

:eek:
Just like the helpful Vermont cops and passing retired FBI agent in Freeh’s case. I’m ready to hang Boeheim regardless

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Hotshoe
This is bad and I am not sure what the circumstances are exactly and it does just sound like a very unfortunate accident. I am going to take a page out of his book though and call him a reckless driving murderer with no regard to human life.
I'll take a page out of JoePa's book and pray for the victim.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I have an intense dislike for Boeheim, but if the description is correct......it could have been any one of us involved. I'll give him a pass on this and pray for everyone involved. I still hate his guts for the things he said about Joe however. Do I need to once again mention the curse of Joe Paterno? We had a similar tragedy involving Baldwin?
I foolishly hoped people here wouldn't turn this into an opportunity to bash Boeheim for things he said about JoePa, etc. This didn't happen to Jim Boeheim. This happened to the person he hit, his family, friends, etc. I’m with you on praying for all involved, including Boeheim and his friends and family. He just killed someone. This has nothing to do with Joe Paterno, rest his soul.

Game ended more than two hours before accident. Hmm...
I believe you are thinking the same thoughts I initially had.

"Syracuse police indicated Boeheim is cooperating with the investigation of the incident. Boeheim was given a routine blood-alcohol test, which showed no alcohol in his system, a 0.0 BAC. Boeheim was then released following a police interview."

I should have read the entire thread first.

OL

I feel terrible for the victim and his family. They must be having a very tough time right now, and I hope they find peace.

That said, I feel perfectly justified in responding to Jim Boeheim the exact same way he responded to Joe Paterno. I'm going to judge him fully and publicly without knowing all of the facts. I'm going to smugly mention that this is unlikely to happen to me, because as a driver I'm no Jim Boeheim. One thing I hope I don't do like Boeheim, is that if I ever find myself in the same situation that he did with that guy Fine, that I don't act like him. I'd like to think that as a human, I'm no Jim Boeheim.

And don't bother speaking down to me or telling me what a bad person I am. I'm past that at this point.

Wow, some real haters here - explains a lot. It's not like he did it on purpose. This is a tragedy that could happen to anybody.

Reactions: Lefty Hill
Wow, some real haters here - explains a lot. It's not like he did it on purpose. This is a tragedy that could happen to anybody.

The only thing that it explains is the old saying, "you reap what you sow".

When you show mercy, you receive mercy. Boeheim could have said nothing at all about Joe, and he elected to verbally bury him. I wish him a miserable existence.

The only thing that it explains is the old saying, "you reap what you sow".

When you show mercy, you receive mercy. Boeheim could have said nothing at all about Joe, and he elected to verbally bury him. I wish him a miserable existence.
I’m no friend to Jim Boeheim. Without knowing him, I don’t like the same things others here don’t like.

But let’s not be so loyal to JoePa that we mishandle ourselves in situations like this. If Boeheim slipped walking on ice and broke his nose, these responses would be far more appropriate than here. Not deserving of applause, but more appropriate.

This didn’t happen to Boeheim. He’s not the victim. If Joe were standing next to you when you said things like this, how do you think he’d respond? I’m guessing he wouldn’t be smiling. Or remain next to you for long.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
SIAP:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019...-boeheim-hits-kills-man-walking-on-i-690.html

Perhaps too soon, but hopefully Mr. Boeheim didn't take driving lessons from Tony Stewart.
Not exactly a fan of Boeheim, and my first instinct was to say that coupled with his wetting incident earlier that maybe someone should have taken his keys away. But this sounds like a horrible fluke situation and without more information it's kind of hard to find fault if you don't know what the lighting, road conditions, etc. were like. Whatever the situation, that would suck to be the pedestrian and to have to deal with having killed him.

Not exactly a fan of Boeheim, and my first instinct was to say that coupled with his wetting incident earlier that maybe someone should have taken his keys away. But this sounds like a horrible fluke situation and without more information it's kind of hard to find fault if you don't know what the lighting, road conditions, etc. were like. Whatever the situation, that would suck to be the pedestrian and to have to deal with having killed him.

LOL

I had no idea about the wetting incident, but just did a Google search. Thanks for the laugh. Hell, despite his age, even JoePa made it in time when nature called during a game.

Boeheim doesn’t drink. His blood alcohol level was 0.0. It was a terrible accident, in bad weather. I don‘t care for Boeheim, but this thread is all over the place.
Agreed. This is just another example of how Penn State alums/fans are no different than those of other schools. Some on this board like to pontificate on how Penn State's collective body is better than most everyone else. The realty is we are just like all the rest.

I detest the man but this was a tragic accident and he will carry this burden to his end. My prayers to all and the mods should lock or delete the thread.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Always remember this quote:

“I’m not Joe Paterno. Somebody didnt come and tell me Bernie Fine did something and Im hiding it.”

Time to pull a drivers license, methinks.
I'll take the same high road that Jimmy took ...

"I'm not Jim Boeheim. I haven't pissed myself or killed anyone."

He can rot in hell for all I care.
Screen-Shot-2019-01-14-at-9.17.33-PM.png

The only thing I found interesting is that police have already determined he was going the appropriate speed. I wonder how they did that? It's odd having police come out and say that so quickly (less than 12 hours).
In my experience in dealing with these cases, it takes officers quite a while to determine things like speed, and before opinions are given out, it goes through several reviews.

Report indicated the victim was standing in the middle of the road. I understand accidents can happen, but I see no report of the victim darting onto the highway, etc. It would have been extremely slippery at that time of night in Syracuse due to the storm also. I think there may be more to the story.

Agreed. Feel very bad for the victim. That said Jim B doesn't deserve an ounce of respect or good thoughts from Penn State folks. He's an arrogant POS that pissed all over Joe in the most vile way possible. F him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT