ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Fleming?

Patterson825

Jan 28, 2016
Did Julian Fleming play at all yesterday? I don’t recall seeing him or hearing his name.

He played. Had a couple key blocks on plays. Just didn’t catch the ball.

Reactions: bison13
Did Julian Fleming play at all yesterday? I don’t recall seeing him or hearing his name.
Yes, he started and played well. We only threw 18 total passes and two of them were throwaways. A couple of the other ones were designed passes to get the ball to Singleton or Warren. Tough to get everybody balls when you only have approximately 15 passes thrown down the field and your number one receiver, Wallace, is open every time. Fleming blocked well and even on the first touchdown to Wallace the safety shifted over to Fleming for a split second which is what got Wallace open

Yes, he started and played well. We only threw 18 total passes and two of them were throwaways. A couple of the other ones were designed passes to get the ball to Singleton or Warren. Tough to get everybody balls when you only have approximately 15 passes thrown down the field and your number one receiver, Wallace, is open every time. Fleming blocked well and even on the first touchdown to Wallace the safety shifted over to Fleming for a split second which is what got Wallace open
Except that some people thought he was going to be our #1 WR until Franklin praised Wallace and Clifford but not Fleming. Speaking of which, where was Clifford?

If you listened to the OSU people when he was there, Fleming was - by far - their best blocking WR. In fact, maybe of the top 3 or 4 blocking WR to ever play at OSU. Was he as flashy as some of their other 5-star WRs - NO - but very dependable. But his problem his whole career ------ injuries. I wonder if he has another nagging injury that's currently holding him back somewhat

Exactly.

Reactions: step.eng69
He was wide open on the TD pass to Warren. If Beau throws it to Julian no one is wondering about him today.

I just watched the 2nd quarter and our first two touchdowns. He was in on both of them. He seems to be a starter which makes me feel better. I was concerned based on that article from Victory Bell Rings or whatever it is called claiming he was not a starter and Saunders and Clifford were ahead of him.

I hope he is targeted in our next few games and that obviously assumes he will get separation against these overmatched teams.

I love the fact that he is an excellent blocker. Something that is not noticed by fans like me but makes a crucial difference.

I am looking forward to Fleming having a bigger and bigger role in the offense as we will need him against the tougher teams.

I just watched the 2nd quarter and our first two touchdowns. He was in on both of them. He seems to be a starter which makes me feel better. I was concerned based on that article from Victory Bell Rings or whatever it is called claiming he was not a starter and Saunders and Clifford were ahead of him.

I hope he is targeted in our next few games and that obviously assumes he will get separation against these overmatched teams.

I love the fact that he is an excellent blocker. Something that is not noticed by fans like me but makes a crucial difference.

I am looking forward to Fleming having a bigger and bigger role in the offense as we will need him against the tougher teams.
Yes, PSU will need him going forward into the B1G season and they better start throwing to him in the OOC games. The ball has to be spread around or the passing game will be no better off than 2023.

Yes, PSU will need him going forward into the B1G season and they better start throwing to him in the OOC games. The ball has to be spread around or the passing game will be no better off than 2023.
n of 1 play that I saw. 5 and change left in 2nd quarter. 3rd down and Allar is fixated on Wallace on an out to the left sidelines. Almost a pick. Fleming ran a curl or slant over the middle. Allar was pressured and had to get rid of it. Perhaps a first look to Fleming would have been a completion? LB was there in front so it would have needed to be a good throw.

I know I am nitpicking but the point is he needs to target other guys more.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Except that some people thought he was going to be our #1 WR until Franklin praised Wallace and Clifford but not Fleming. Speaking of which, where was Clifford?
He played about 21 plays, but he's still a bit dinged up.

n of 1 play that I saw. 5 and change left in 2nd quarter. 3rd down and Allar is fixated on Wallace on an out to the left sidelines. Almost a pick. Fleming ran a curl or slant over the middle. Allar was pressured and had to get rid of it. Perhaps a first look to Fleming would have been a completion? LB was there in front so it would have needed to be a good throw.

I know I am nitpicking but the point is he needs to target other guys more.
17 passes to five different receivers. I would have thought we’d have passed more in the game plan as this was their weakness. As a team we ran 42 times and passed 18. WE really shut down the passing game after singleton’s run.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT