ADVERTISEMENT

Just as a comparison, here is Chip Kelly's resume on Wiki

Let's hope Moorehead is half of what Chip Kelly is. I'll settle for that and a good OL, not great, just good. That's something PSU hasn't seen in a long time! One that you can rely on in tough games to plow ahead in Q4 and eat the clock.

Scroll down the right side to see the list of stops Chip had before the Eagles. When Oregon hired him as OC, they had no idea what he could do with the offense, in the PAC12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Kelly
Pretty obvious that the stuff he ran and the ideas he had at UNH translated just fine to the PAC-12. In fairness Oregon had big years right before Chip got there, and he did have Dennis Dixon, but Kelly's results speak for themselves.

No guarantees with JM, but to immediately dismiss him because he coached at 1AA, is kinda silly. If you can coach, you can coach. JM is no dummy which is the most important thing. I think he'll be fine. Just got to get the OL rolling.

Reactions: EPC FAN and LionJim
Pretty obvious that the stuff he ran and the ideas he had at UNH translated just fine to the PAC-12. In fairness Oregon had big years right before Chip got there, and he did have Dennis Dixon, but Kelly's results speak for themselves.

No guarantees with JM, but to immediately dismiss him because he coached at 1AA, is kinda silly. If you can coach, you can coach. JM is no dummy which is the most important thing. I think he'll be fine. Just got to get the OL rolling.
He didn't just coach at d1aa he was a successful head coach. He's not just 1aa OC

And that was my point. Anyone dismissing this guy because he was at Fordham is being short sighted.

Oregon's offenses weren't exactly anemic before Kelly took over the controls of it from Gary Crowton (is there a common thread here?).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT