ADVERTISEMENT

Just re-watched the Penn State/Northwestern game

Ole_Ted

Sep 25, 2020
I’m not seeing a top 10 team. Very sloppy, mistakes all over the place and some bad coaching decisions.

if we’re being honest Northwestern should’ve won that game.

I definitely feel better about Michigan’s chances this weekend

38-20

I’m not seeing a top 10 team. Very sloppy, mistakes all over the place and some bad coaching decisions.

38-20
Agreed. Michigan should be favored this weekend by at least 7. But over 50 years or so, (actually late 1940s I think) Michigan has been the most overrated program in college football (Notre Dame a close second). So a PSU upset while unlikely is possible.

Reactions: bison13

38-20
It's really common in the game of football for a team to turn the ball over 5 times and win by two scores. "Experts" would say that's impossible unless you have a truly superior team.
Football games played in hurricane residue conditions are often precision offense track meets.
Super observant of you. Keep up the great insight.

38-20
I bet OSU fans feel the same way about their game against Michigan after watching Michigan's uninspired performance against a below average IU team this past weekend, and also only beating Maryland at home by a td and letting a totally inept Iowa offense score in the teens. We can play this game all week.

Reactions: 84Lion
Guys don't feed the troll. He's a Michigan fan that has started maybe a dozen threads this week all concluding that Michigan could win the superbowl this year if they wanted.

Between the Michigan trolls and the Ohio St posters pretending they are fans of Michigan and Penn St, maybe we should all be invading their boards and making them unreadable.

It is funny how cocky Michigan has gotten in 14 months.........

It feels as if the previous 10 years did not happen......
That's being kind.
You'd actually have to go back to 2004 and prior to find a time that Michigan was routinely winning more than 7 games annually.

38-20
One of the dumber posts in a while - I guess you didn’t see the torrential rain that was coming down - maybe just maybe it contributed to the “mistakes” they made and overcame - see you in Ann Arbor.

38-20
Funny I was thinking same thing last year when the worst PSU team in decade was beating #6 Wolverines with 3:45 to play. Luckily every game is its own entity.

Who cares about Northwestern? We won. Full stop. All the what-abouts and but-we-didn’ts are completely meaningless after we WIN. This isn’t synchronized swimming, where style and poise count - PSU 17 NW 7. There’s the stat or metric or whatever other pseudo- intellectual argle-bargle coaches and columnists use to sound smart that counts. I don’t care how we win this Saturday - play great, UM mistakes, Act of God, referines forget they’re supposed to be helping UM, whateve.

WIN vs UM, and then win more. Lose less. Period.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
It's really common in the game of football for a team to turn the ball over 5 times and win by two scores. "Experts" would say that's impossible unless you have a truly superior team.
Football games played in hurricane residue conditions are often precision offense track meets.
Super observant of you. Keep up the great insight.
The next true insight Ole Ted posts will be his first.

38-20
I watched the IU game. I did not see a top five team. IU is terrible and it was tied at the half. Michigan did not take the lead for good until halfway through the 3Q and didn't not go up by 2 scores until halfway through the 4Q.

They are vanilla and sloppy.

PSU 38-20.

38-20
the problem is, you watched the woman's volleyball game.

i-said-what-i-said-snoop-dogg.gif

38-20
I didn't re-watch. I had death in the family and suffered enough.

It is funny how cocky Michigan has gotten in 14 months.........

It feels as if the previous 10 years did not happen......
When you’re college football all time wins and win % leader, you tend to puff your chest out a little bit

When you’re college football all time wins and win % leader, you tend to puff your chest out a little bit
I'm proud that PSU has won the eighth or ninth most games in college football history.

I'm proud that PSU has won the eighth or ninth most games in college football history.
7th now. We moved ahead of Nebraska. OU is next but we are 17 Ws behind so might be a decade or more depending on fortunes.

7th now. We moved ahead of Nebraska. OU is next but we are 17 Ws behind so might be a decade or more depending on fortunes.
Thanks for the update. If PSU hadn't foregone scholarships for a period in the 1930s or 1940s, we'd probably be several places higher.

Reactions: bison13 and PSU2UNC
Silly talking point.

It’s called history. See the New York Yankees.
Silly response. You bring up total wins like it means something. I’m not pounding my chest over PSU, because PSU hasn’t done anything in recent history. Michigan has lost to OSU more times than I can count recently. Get over yourself.

Sounds like someone who's worried.
Boy are you correct...watching some of the bwi segments on YouTube this week and Michigan fans are all over the place on OUR teams previews...yep...they worried all right. For certain.

38-20
PSU played poorly against NW but they "shouldn’t" have lost. PSU won total offense 360-241 and first downs 21-12. But they "could" have lost due to the turnovers.

I think UM's DL is going to stop our running game between the tackles and make life difficult for Clifford. PSU's best chance is to avoid turnovers and get our young athletes into space.

Reactions: scrivener

38-20
Yeah that’s right. Northwestern gets 3 turnovers and nets 8; that’s right 8 yards on the ensuing 5 possessions and you think
Northwestern should have one. As I posted elsewhere, you constantly prove that knowledge is not a prerequisite for posting here.

38-20
You called it.

ADVERTISEMENT