ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Johnson

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
Juwan Johnson was a huge mismatch for the entire RU secondary and abused the RU DBs at times. From the stands it looked like PSU could have just fed him the ball for 1st downs. With two more years of eligibility he could end up being a real good WR.

Juwan Johnson was a huge mismatch for the entire RU secondary and abused the RU DBs at times. From the stands it looked like PSU could have just fed him the ball for 1st downs. With two more years of eligibility he could end up being a real good WR.
He’s become physically larger as the season has progressed. I actually think we’re previewing next season’s TE.

He’s gotten physically larger as the season has progressed. I actually think we’re previewing next season’s TE.
I've thought of that possibility too. The opponents would have a heckuva time covering him as a TE.

Reactions: 1PSU1
Can't see him at TE. He has legit WR speed and if he keeps working and improving will make a nice NFL WR. I will be surprised if JJ stays for his 5th year. He should dominate next year and be a draft choice.

Could he block as well as Gesicki? Sure. Hillary could. But CJF surely will look for better blocking from whoever starts at TE next year.

IMHO, I feel we've wasted Johnson a bit this year. We heard the coaches rave about him this past off-season and he just looks like an absolute mismatch every time he's targeted. But it doesn't seem like we target him enough. Now maybe he's not getting open but man oh man it just looks like anytime we want to we can get the ball to him.

Reactions: mn78psu83 and JoeFi
I don't like him on the 2 yard crossing routes, which seemed like a staple in both our losses. He's excellent on every other route. Today, his confidence seemed to increase with every catch.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Can't see him at TE. He has legit WR speed and if he keeps working and improving will make a nice NFL WR. I will be surprised if JJ stays for his 5th year. He should dominate next year and be a draft choice.

Could he block as well as Gesicki? Sure. Hillary could. But CJF surely will look for better blocking from whoever starts at TE next year.
By the way, it was good to see #83 in the game today. Sure hope he's ready and available next season. Maybe he'll supply the needed blocking.

By the way, it was good to see #83 in the game today. Sure hope he's ready and available next season. Maybe he'll supply the needed blocking.

Agree 100%. Bowers was reportedly going to get playing time in 2016 if he had been healthy. Seems his recovery really took some time. It will be a big lift to the team if he is 100 % for 2018 as he was reportedly the best blocking TE on the team.

If Bowers is healthy I would expect him and Holland to be our TE's in 2018. With possibly Dalton contributing if he can put on some more muscle. It will be interesting to see if either or both of the top 10 2018 TE recruits play as true freshmen. It could happen, but if Bowers is back I'm betting they redshirt.

Kuntz has legit WR speed. I believe he had a 300 yard receiving game recently. But if we need another receiving target for 2018 I'm betting it's Shorter. And CJF redshirted 3 WR's this year as well.

Kuntz has legit WR speed. I believe he had a 300 yard receiving game recently. But if we need another receiving target for 2018 I'm betting it's Shorter. And CJF redshirted 3 WR's this year as well.

I'm not sold on Kuntz due to the level of competition Camp Hill is playing against. If he is truly one of the top TEs in America I am surprised he doesn't pick up 500 yards per game.

Just saying mn, mother & aunt sat with us, along with "74" I believe Gonzalez (sp), and I babysitted John Gilmore's son Grayson, from the 92' team. That is what about the love between the alumni and the kids on the team and the families.

Just saying mn, mother & aunt sat with us, along with "74" I believe Gonzalez (sp), and I babysitted John Gilmore's son Grayson, from the 92' team. That is what about the love between the alumni and the kids on the team and the families.
Great stuff step. Sounds like you had a nice time.

Reactions: step.eng69
I'm not sold on Kuntz due to the level of competition Camp Hill is playing against. If he is truly one of the top TEs in America I am surprised he doesn't pick up 500 yards per game.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm not certain that a TE recruits lack of 500 yard games is an indicator of what production he will have here.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm not certain that a TE recruits lack of 500 yard games is an indicator of what production he will have here.

It was hyperbole. Camp Hill was a long-time A school and now plays as AA. They don't play against the best talent in the state or even in the Harrisburg area. I know the recruiting rankings are high on him, but given where he plays I think it would be very difficult to determine how he actually stacks up nationally.

Is 500 yards/game pretty good?:rolleyes:

Journey Brown ran for 700 once and nobody seemed to care.

It was hyperbole. Camp Hill was a long-time A school and now plays as AA. They don't play against the best talent in the state or even in the Harrisburg area. I know the recruiting rankings are high on him, but given where he plays I think it would be very difficult to determine how he actually stacks up nationally.

How does he fair in the region or state awards? Is he recognized as a big time player (1st team all-something) or just a decent player with expected big potential (Jenkins comes to mind)?

He seems to have shown TE traits such as routes and catching ability at the camps. And he obviously has the frame, at 6'7". And he won the state hurdles, so he has some speed.... Not a bad resume....

He seems to have shown TE traits such as routes and catching ability at the camps. And he obviously has the frame, at 6'7". And he won the state hurdles, so he has some speed.... Not a bad resume....

Yes, it's a great resume. But again, the track win would have been against smaller schools. I can think of two PSU TEs who played HS in that general region. Kyle Brady was from Cedar Cliff, a much larger HS which played against very large schools. Camp Hill does not play against a similar level of competition, at all. Matt Kranchik was also from that area and probably played against similar competition as Kuntz.

Yes, it's a great resume. But again, the track win would have been against smaller schools. I can think of two PSU TEs who played HS in that general region. Kyle Brady was from Cedar Cliff, a much larger HS which played against very large schools. Camp Hill does not play against a similar level of competition, at all. Matt Kranchik was also from that area and probably played against similar competition as Kuntz.

They said the same about Saquon.

The track win was a very good time, against the clock. Doesn't matter who ran slower.... Kuntz is a top athlete for a TE.

And not many TE's excel in H.S. as TE's, unless they play basically WR.

I trust CJF's evaluation more than who a player plays against, which is out of the players control. Curt Warner played in a tiny WV town, Pineville I believe, and he turned out just fine....

Whitehall plays in class 5A which is schools 5x-6x larger than Camp Hill.

Camp Hill has graduating classes of like 70 or 80 total.

Jesse James went to South Allegheny! Don’t give me the, “but it’s the WPIAL”.

I get what you’re saying, but don’t dismiss the kid based on his school.

He could be the next Kyle Brady or the next John Ditto.

Mickey Shuler

Kuntz performed very, very well on the camp circuit both in his times and in terms of how he matched up in 7v7 play against top competition. Sure, he needs to put on some weight (enrolling early should help with that) but he was offered by every school in the country for a reason - and those schools all saw his tape and the competition Camp Hill plays against.

Kuntz performed very, very well on the camp circuit both in his times and in terms of how he matched up in 7v7 play against top competition. Sure, he needs to put on some weight (enrolling early should help with that) but he was offered by every school in the country for a reason - and those schools all saw his tape and the competition Camp Hill plays against.
Jeez, didn't Curtis Enis play on a seven man football team. Also, didn't Glenn Ressler play for Camp Hill?

Sorry but I'm going to have to go with Saban, Meyer, Franklin, Fisher, Harbaugh, etc. over you this time as far as evaluating TE talent.

Am sure you're above average for a message board football coach, though.

Sorry if already noted somewhere, but is Kuntz an early enrollee? That would help him adjust, put on some size and strength, and perhaps see the field in 2018?

He's tall and slender, but has some muscle.

th

Sorry if already noted somewhere, but is Kuntz an early enrollee? That would help him adjust, put on some size and strength, and perhaps see the field in 2018?

He's tall and slender, but has some muscle.

th

Yes.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT