ADVERTISEMENT

KLS disses Allar and PSU...

I'm sort of interested but not really.

I dissed him vs Michigan at home 3 years ago in the snowy 1st qtr when he dropped 2 passes that hit him in the hands. One would've been an 85 yard TD.

Then I dissed him again with the limping td vs Utah in the Rose Bowl. Maybe I'm too old school- but act like you've been there. May be a TikTok "classic" but lacks the first 5 letters of classic.

Thanks for your time here. Don't necessarily have good wishes but certainly not bad ones. Sort of like an old college girlfriend. You were good for what you were good for but ultimately not the right fit.

It was time for him to move on. Best for both. Hoping whomever got his scholly breaks out.....we need a leader in that position group and KLS wasn't one.

Last edited:
I’m still wondering why he hung around so long even into spring practice? Thought he’d leave after the bowl game.

Seriously, was Allar catatonic in the big games last year? Yes, it was his first year as starter but 'deer in the head lights' describes what I witnessed in the OSU and UM games and even before the games got started. In interviews he repeated the same 'we are working hard to get better' rhetoric endlessly during the season. In his recent interviews he does seem a bit more genuine and his responses to questions somewhat more spontaneous. So, there is a glimmer of hope dawning, I guess. But I am looking for confidence, poise and attitude out of Allar this season that we haven't seen yet. That take control and command under duress and siege that separates a gifted field general from just a gifted athlete. The jury is still out on the no longer young QB IMHO.

Last edited:
Starts at about the 7 minute mark or so.
i wish him the best, but his performance, growth, and more important leadership were big disappointments, especially for a 4 star. He has one year to grow and position himself to be drafted and get a chance for practice and playing time to have pro career-if that's what is important to him...I just didn't see any passion translated to performance.

i wish him the best, but his performance, growth, and more important leadership were big disappointments, especially for a 4 star. He has one year to grow and position himself to be drafted and get a chance for practice and playing time to have pro career-if that's what is important to him...I just didn't see any passion translated to performance.
Hate to say it but I think his big game against Utah in the bowl set him up for either greatness or failure. He could have tasted that kind of success in a bowl game and decided to work even harder to up his game. But it seems that he tasted that success and read his press clippings and then got upset when things didn't go his way. Hopefully he learns from that.

Hate to say it but I think his big game against Utah in the bowl set him up for either greatness or failure. He could have tasted that kind of success in a bowl game and decided to work even harder to up his game. But it seems that he tasted that success and read his press clippings and then got upset when things didn't go his way. Hopefully he learns from that.
Good points. As in that we had two transfers who came in with high expectations (us on them and for themselves). As the year went on, with a young QB and sputtering ground game) expectations turned to unrealized expectations. Lot has been speculated that the WR run became toxic. The OC was fired.

Onto 2024.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Our QB coaching sucks and has for decades. I swear they are so afraid of ints they teach them to hold the ball until they are sacked. They get more tentative every year not less as you would expect.

We’ve had some good QBs in the past that were talented enough to overcome the coaching but not for many years.

Our QB coaching sucks and has for decades. I swear they are so afraid of ints they teach them to hold the ball until they are sacked. They get more tentative every year not less as you would expect.

We’ve had some good QBs in the past that were talented enough to overcome the coaching but not for many years.
Blah blah blah blah blah. SOS; different day.

Reactions: Hotshoe and bison13
I’m still wondering why he hung around so long even into spring practice? Thought he’d leave after the bowl game.
Maybe, just maybe, he was "playing school." Maybe he learned from Cephus about putting oneself in a better academic spot to allow for more focus on ball at Auburn. I imagine their academic support staff is top notch too 😜

That's not much of a "diss." Sounds like he's just talking things up where his feet are currently planted, which everyone does and usually includes a bit of embellishment for effect. I doubt KLS wants to make it a war of words as his on field performances to date won't help back up any chirping he might do.

That's not much of a "diss." Sounds like he's just talking things up where his feet are currently planted, which everyone does and usually includes a bit of embellishment for effect. I doubt KLS wants to make it a war of words as his on field performances to date won't help back up any chirping he might do.
Agree. He's just trying to talk up his new teammates which is to be expected.

Yeah our coaches teach them to hold onto the ball until they are sacked. As my late father used to say if you had a clue, you’d be dangerous.
Results speak for themselves and are obvious to even casual observers. Those who can’t face the brutal facts of their situation never improve. Personal insults when opinions differ are proof of a weak mind.

Last edited:
He is saying Allar was a lousy leader and could not galvanize the team. At this point you cannot say he is dead wrong.
Actually I can. His actual leadership skills were not part or parcel for the reasons PSU lost to Ohio State and Michigan. His wide receiver group and his poor footwork were more the culprit. Drew Allan was not responsible for the total disappearance of KLS in big games. You can't throw complete passes to a receiver that jogs down the field and sulks.

We all witnessed KLS being a soy boy., especially when defenders were in his midst.

Why he ever saw field time at PSU is perplexing….

Actually I can. His actual leadership skills were not part or parcel for the reasons PSU lost to Ohio State and Michigan. His wide receiver group and his poor footwork were more the culprit. Drew Allan was not responsible for the total disappearance of KLS in big games. You can't throw complete passes to a receiver that jogs down the field and sulks.
Taking leadership in big moments to help your team. Being able to make players better. Motivating others to play better. Allar is not there....yet.

Results speak for themselves and are obvious to even casual observers. Those who can’t face the brutal facts of their situation never improve. Personal insults when opinions differ are proof of a weak mind.
What personal insults?

KLS is a good solid college wideout, not a No. 1. Part of his problem at PSU was that they had no No. 1.

I'll be watching Allar but based on what I saw last year I'm not optimistic. I don't think the guy has the quick decisionmaking thing and if you don't have it, it can't really be taught. Very few QBs have it.

All the arm strength in the world, all the book-smartness in the world, all the leadership and teammate qualities -- none of it means anything if you can't read the field, know who is going to get open and release the ball in 2.8 seconds.

The way quality defenses are in college football, an immobile quarterback who needs 4-5 seconds and a wide-open receiver is just not going to cut it.

Reactions: ednit
KLS is a good solid college wideout, not a No. 1. Part of his problem at PSU was that they had no No. 1.

I'll be watching Allar but based on what I saw last year I'm not optimistic. I don't think the guy has the quick decisionmaking thing and if you don't have it, it can't really be taught. Very few QBs have it.

All the arm strength in the world, all the book-smartness in the world, all the leadership and teammate qualities -- none of it means anything if you can't read the field, know who is going to get open and release the ball in 2.8 seconds.

The way quality defenses are in college football, an immobile quarterback who needs 4-5 seconds and a wide-open receiver is just not going to cut it.
I think he can make quick decisions some of the time but he was not good under pressure and/or versus good defenses. My question is how in the world was he a 5 star top QB in the nation guy if he was a slow decision maker?

I think he can make quick decisions some of the time but he was not good under pressure and/or versus good defenses. My question is how in the world was he a 5 star top QB in the nation guy if he was a slow decision maker?

Being a 5* is more about the tools than decision making.

The time to make decisions continues to decrease from HS to college to NFL.

Reactions: bdgan
It's easier to make smart decisions when smaller and slower defenders are coming at you.
This assessment does not bode well for us. If decision making is difficult to coach up and you either have it or you don't then he clearly has a ceiling and not expected to even be an NFL starter. I am not believing this at this stage but some yellow flags I guess. I think early projections have him as a top 10 pick and one of the top QBs. We will see how much he has improved with Kotelnicki coaching him and then how the NFL scouts perceive him as there is more on-field data.

Calm down, Mary. The OC, who is gone now for a reason, spent too much time on Clifford during his unnecessary final year, so Allar was wetter behind the ears than he should have been. He will be fine, especially if the new coach does the smart thing and emphasizes Tight Ends and Running Backs until the Receivers can emerge. And if one or two make a quick leap, then this will actually be one of the top offenses in the Conference.
This assessment does not bode well for us. If decision making is difficult to coach up and you either have it or you don't then he clearly has a ceiling and not expected to even be an NFL starter. I am not believing this at this stage but some yellow flags I guess. I think early projections have him as a top 10 pick and one of the top QBs. We will see how much he has improved with Kotelnicki coaching him and then how the NFL scouts perceive him as there is more on-field data.

I think players mature and gain confidence with age. Let's hope that's the case with Allar.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Taking leadership in big moments to help your team. Being able to make players better. Motivating others to play better. Allar is not there....yet.
Your opinion not a fact
Using this logic Clifford wasn't a good leader either

Thanks, Coach Boyer.

Calm down, Mary. The OC, who is gone now for a reason, spent too much time on Clifford during his unnecessary final year, so Allar was wetter behind the ears than he should have been. He will be fine, especially if the new coach does the smart thing and emphasizes Tight Ends and Running Backs until the Receivers can emerge. And if one or two make a quick leap, then this will actually be one of the top offenses in the Conference.
Not sure who Mary is? Anyway don't get mad at me, I am simply drawing the implication from the doom and gloom posts. Allar apparently has slow decision making, apparently can never improve in that area and apparently therefore can't be elite. Signed the coaches on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT