ADVERTISEMENT

Knee replacement experiences and thoughts?

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
I’ve had meniscus surgery on both knees about 10-12 years ago and see the doctors as needed for shots in the knee. The one knee has become pretty bad and I’ve been waiting for my parents to pass before I started this replacement. That time has come. Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with knee replacements. I do have a good group of doctors at Penn Med in Philly.

I had both done at the same time in 2018. Rehab is the most important thing and getting 120 degree bend. It is painful but necessary. I see people who didn't put in the work and still have problems. Join a gym after 6 months. Squats are super important. Your knees will never feel 100% and you will feel stiff after sitting for an hour. The amazing things is my hip pain went away too when I had the surgery, I started walking normal again.

Reactions: brupsu
I can't speak from my own experience. But a friend of mine got one done a couple years ago. Said it's the best thing he has done for a while. He just got the other one done. He will be back bowling in a couple weeks. He is in his 60s for reference. His wife also had both of hers done.

I really wish my dad would go for one. He knee is so bad and the muscles are so deformed, I honestly don't know if they could do the surgery at this point. He blew his knee out in high school (early 70s), had a botched surgery, and dealt with a bum knee ever since.

What what what about the golden years?????
I was listening to an estate planner on the radio the other day. He said that they group retirement into three categories once retired:
  • the go-go years
  • the slow-go years
  • the no-go years
Dang.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT