ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Jack Ham for mentioning Joe in 50th Anniversary of Immaculate Reception on KDKA TV

My understanding is that one of Ham's high school teammates who Penn State already offered advocated for him. Per the IC, I remember Franco mentioning Joe's instruction to this offensive players to always run towards the ball.
This blurb gives it some perspective... https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2005/01/news-dobre-shunka/

It is a Joy to have Jack Ham as the color analyst for PSU Football Radio. I have heard him say he routinely attends practice during game week. Makes me wonder if the players appreciate his presence and if the coaches discuss his perspective on things.

Reactions: NedFromYork
My understanding is that one of Ham's high school teammates who Penn State already offered advocated for him. Per the IC, I remember Franco mentioning Joe's instruction to this offensive players to always run towards the ball.
Steve Smear referred Ham to JoePA

Reactions: NedFromYork

Pretty much just about any account that Franco has given about the Immaculate Reception has had the "Joe always told us to run towards the ball" or something to that extent blurb tossed in, even the more contemporaneous accounts of the play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT