ADVERTISEMENT

KYPSW 2022-23

Sounds good, after being on the sidelines for a decade this is my first year participating and it must be the fantasy football juices flowing through my veins to be ready for last minute gametime changes before kickoff. It can be exhausting.

So to be clear, when does the lineup become "fixed", when match notes are released or do you publish say a standard lineup xx to base predictions upon xx amount of time before the match.

Also what about the entries where I have seen multiple scenarios at several weights whether it be two possible PSU starters or two from the other team, that can of course greatly skew the predictions?

I'll jump in and PAWrest can fix anything I say wrong. The lineups are fixed with the match notes. If there are multiple possible starters for either team then you have to pick all combos. If there happen to be two for each team at a weight then you pick each PSU wrestler against each possible opponent.

You can say something like RBY MD over any XX wrestler, Any XX wrestler D over RBY Backup (using name of course since PAWrest only allows RBY as a nickname, understandably).

And HockeyGod normally posts the match notes, that is historically when projections go live!
Pretty much. There is a possibility that I will add a possible wrestler, based on reading the tea leaves, but that should be done on Match Notes day, if it is going to happen.

All I can say about multiple wrestlers is to make sure you cover all possibilities that are in the Match notes. If there's two guys listed for Penn State and three guys listed for the opponent, cover all potential match-ups. That can be with specific results for all six possible matches or as simple as PSU MD all.

Rider results

00-IDgXAEv10fi3d6CutAHsCUruQn3n2VjXTpFOnYnEYjkFVYUYvUEAVruuvugIIo_DldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

Pretty much. There is a possibility that I will add a possible wrestler, based on reading the tea leaves, but that should be done on Match Notes day, if it is going to happen.

All I can say about multiple wrestlers is to make sure you cover all possibilities that are in the Match notes. If there's two guys listed for Penn State and three guys listed for the opponent, cover all potential match-ups. That can be with specific results for all six possible matches or as simple as PSU MD all.
Oh, and one more tip, don’t under any circumstance edit your post after the meet starts, you well be treated like HRBob treats his renters. That is why it is best to seperate your picks for meets over weekend, that way you can change sunday without getting an edit tag on your friday post.

You missed my Lehigh picks. Was listed on page three right after Rider picks.

#1 PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (3-0, 0-0 B1G)
125 Gary Steen Fr. Hermitage, Pa./Reynolds 4-3
133 #1 Roman Bravo-Young Sr.+ Tucson, Ariz./Sunnyside 2-0
141 #9 Beau Bartlett Jr. Tempe, Ariz./Wyoming Seminary (Pa.) 7-0
149 #17 Shayne Van Ness Fr. Somerville, N.J./Blair Academy 6-0
157 #30 Terrell Barraclough Jr. Kaysville, Utah/Layton 5-2
165 #15 Alex Facundo Fr. Essexville, Mich./Davison 6-0
174 #1 Carter Starocci Jr. Erie, Pa./Cathedral Prep 3-0
184 #1 Aaron Brooks Sr. Hagerstown, Md./North Hagerstown 2-0
197 #5 Max Dean Sr. Lowell, Mich./Lowell 5-2
285 #1 Greg Kerkvliet Jr. Inver Grove Heights, Minn./Simley 3-0

OREGON STATE BEAVERS (2-1)
125 #12 Brandon Kaylor Jr. Bonney Lake, Wash./Bonney Lake 13-3
133 #16 Jason Shaner Sr. Hood River, Ore./Hood River 12-3
141 #24 Cleveland Belton Jr. Corona, Calif./St. John Bosco 11-2
149 Hunter Eveland So. Corvallis, Ore./Crescent Valley 2-1
Noah Tolentino Fr. Poway, Calif./Poway 10-6
157 Graham Gambrall So. Iowa City, Iowa/West 6-8
165 #24 Matthew Olguin So. Fresno, Calif./Buchanan 16-2
174 #28 Aaron Olmos Sr. Imperial Beach, Calif./Mater Dei 4-2
Mason Christiansen So. Riverton, Utah/Bingham 6-4
184 #13 Trey Munoz So. Mission Viejo, Calif./Trabuco Hills 12-1
197 #11 Tanner Harvey Gr. Elkton, Ore./Lowell 15-2
285 J.J. Dixon Jr. Tacoma, Wash./Lincoln 10-3
Brian Reyes Jr. Fresno, Calif./Clovis West 3-3

#1 PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (3-0, 0-0 B1G)
125 Gary Steen Fr. Hermitage, Pa./Reynolds 4-3
133 #1 Roman Bravo-Young Sr.+ Tucson, Ariz./Sunnyside 2-0
141 #9 Beau Bartlett Jr. Tempe, Ariz./Wyoming Seminary (Pa.) 7-0
149 #17 Shayne Van Ness Fr. Somerville, N.J./Blair Academy 6-0
157 #30 Terrell Barraclough Jr. Kaysville, Utah/Layton 5-2
165 #15 Alex Facundo Fr. Essexville, Mich./Davison 6-0
174 #1 Carter Starocci Jr. Erie, Pa./Cathedral Prep 3-0
184 #1 Aaron Brooks Sr. Hagerstown, Md./North Hagerstown 2-0
197 #5 Max Dean Sr. Lowell, Mich./Lowell 5-2
285 #1 Greg Kerkvliet Jr. Inver Grove Heights, Minn./Simley 3-0

OREGON STATE BEAVERS (2-1)
125 #12 Brandon Kaylor Jr. Bonney Lake, Wash./Bonney Lake 13-3
133 #16 Jason Shaner Sr. Hood River, Ore./Hood River 12-3
141 #24 Cleveland Belton Jr. Corona, Calif./St. John Bosco 11-2
149 Hunter Eveland So. Corvallis, Ore./Crescent Valley 2-1
Noah Tolentino Fr. Poway, Calif./Poway 10-6
157 Graham Gambrall So. Iowa City, Iowa/West 6-8
165 #24 Matthew Olguin So. Fresno, Calif./Buchanan 16-2
174 #28 Aaron Olmos Sr. Imperial Beach, Calif./Mater Dei 4-2
Mason Christiansen So. Riverton, Utah/Bingham 6-4
184 #13 Trey Munoz So. Mission Viejo, Calif./Trabuco Hills 12-1
197 #11 Tanner Harvey Gr. Elkton, Ore./Lowell 15-2
285 J.J. Dixon Jr. Tacoma, Wash./Lincoln 10-3
Brian Reyes Jr. Fresno, Calif./Clovis West 3-3
WTH, I'm not even done with the last two. 😒

Oregon State

- Kaylor MD
133 - Bravo Young MD
141 - Bartlett Dec
149 - Van Ness MD any
157 - Barraclough Dec
165 - Facundo Dec
174 - Starocci MD Olmos or Starocci Fall Christiansen
184 - Brooks Dec
197 - Dean Dec
285 - Kerkvliet MD Dixon or Kerkvliet Fall Reyes

vs Oregon State

Kaylor DEC
133 Bravo-Young MAJ
141 Bartlett DEC
149 Van Ness FALL any
157 Barraclough DEC
165 Facundo DEC
174 Starocci TF any
184 Brooks MAJ
197 Dean DEC
285 Kerkvliet TF any

OREGON STATE BEAVERS
125 Kaylor DEC Steen
133 RBY MD Shaner
141 Bartlett DEC Belton
149 Van Ness FALL any OSU
157 Barraclough MD Gambrall
165 Facundo DEC Olguin
174 Starocci TF any OSU
184 Brooks MD Munoz
197 Dean DEC Harvey
285 Kerklivet FALL any OSU

Oregon State
125: Kaylor MD
133: Bravo-Young MD
141: Bartlett Dec
149: Van Ness MD
157: Barraclough Dec
165: Facundo Dec
174: Starocci MD
184: Brooks Dec
197: Dean Dec
285: Kerkvliet MD

If there is one thing this game has going for it, it is precedent. The vast majority of things that come up have already come up in the past and been dealt with. All I have to do is remember the precedent, and act accordingly.

In several cases with the matches this weekend several posters made changes to their posts after the match started. In those cases, the precedent is that I try to figure out to the best of my ability which matches had already passed, and remove those picks. That is a softer precedent than the rules state, as following the letter of the rules would eliminate the person's entire slate of picks.

Now, there is one that is even worse than missing a couple. I realize that I am going to receive a raft of GIF shit for this, but @82bordeaux put both matches in one message on November 30, and then edited his Lehigh picks at 1:39 PM before the Lehigh match. Unfortunately, I hadn't entered the Rider picks into my spreadsheet prior to the Lehigh match, and neither had my shadow KYPSW mentor, so I am forced to negate all of Bordeaux's Rider picks.

I hate being in the position to have to do this, but if there's one thing we've always strived for in running this game, it is being above board, and this is the only way to do it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you. If you put both sets of picks in one message on a two-dual weekend, and you have to change picks after the first dual, put your new picks in a brand new message.

Sorry, Bordeaux.

vs Oregon State

125: Kaylor by DEC
133: RBY by MAJ
141: Bartlett by DEC
149: SVN by FALL
157: Barraclough by MAJ
165: Facundo by DEC
174: Starocci by TECH
184: Brooks by MAJ
197: Dean by DEC
285: Kerkvliet by FALL

If I predict the same outcome regardless of opponent, can I just write the winner’s name and my predicted outcome?

For example, is “Kerk by FALL” sufficient if I think he will win by fall no matter which man listed for Oregon State wrestles?

If I predict the same outcome regardless of opponent, can I just write the winner’s name and my predicted outcome?

For example, is “Kerk by FALL” sufficient if I think he will win by fall no matter which man listed for Oregon State wrestles?
I understand the answer is Yes. But remember, if the opponent wasn't listed in the match notes, it still won't matter.

Reactions: mcpat
I understand the answer is Yes. But remember, if the opponent wasn't listed in the match notes, it still won't matter.
Ah, but there is a caveat to this.

If Kerk is picked unanimously, and someone other than his Match Notes listed opponent wrestles, everyone gets 2. One could easily argue that it's a meaningless 2, but it's 2, nonetheless.

If there is one thing this game has going for it, it is precedent. The vast majority of things that come up have already come up in the past and been dealt with. All I have to do is remember the precedent, and act accordingly.

In several cases with the matches this weekend several posters made changes to their posts after the match started. In those cases, the precedent is that I try to figure out to the best of my ability which matches had already passed, and remove those picks. That is a softer precedent than the rules state, as following the letter of the rules would eliminate the person's entire slate of picks.

Now, there is one that is even worse than missing a couple. I realize that I am going to receive a raft of GIF shit for this, but @82bordeaux put both matches in one message on November 30, and then edited his Lehigh picks at 1:39 PM before the Lehigh match. Unfortunately, I hadn't entered the Rider picks into my spreadsheet prior to the Lehigh match, and neither had my shadow KYPSW mentor, so I am forced to negate all of Bordeaux's Rider picks.

I hate being in the position to have to do this, but if there's one thing we've always strived for in running this game, it is being above board, and this is the only way to do it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you. If you put both sets of picks in one message on a two-dual weekend, and you have to change picks after the first dual, put your new picks in a brand new message.

Sorry, Bordeaux.
giphy.gif

Sorry, Bordeaux.
I thought we had to make last minute changes to substitute for RBY being out. I'm a big boy. Live and learn.
It's not like I was disqualified from post of the year! Eye on the prize.

vs Oregon State

125 Kaylor MD
133 Bravo-Young MD
141 Bartlett DEC
149 Van Ness MD any
157 Barraclough DEC
165 Facundo DEC
174 Starocci MD Olmos, TF Christiansen
184 Brooks MAJ
197 Dean DEC
285 Kerkvliet FALL any

Penn State vs Oregon