ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Lamar Stevens on the move, headed to San Antonio

With 3 years in the League he is now part of their pension plan. While it is relative peanuts compared to his current salary...it is still long term money in the bank/stability.

Great time for Lamar to grow and contribute to a youth movement!
Hope he’s saving his $. I think the $1.9M is guaranteed. I’m sure it’s hard to spend as if you’re making $100-$200k when your teammates are making $20M… but he’ll thank himself down the road.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Hope he’s saving his $. I think the $1.9M is guaranteed. I’m sure it’s hard to spend as if you’re making $100-$200k when your teammates are making $20M… but he’ll thank himself down the road.
While over 60% of the country is living pay check to pay check, I think he should feel blessed. It is a good move for him.

Living in Ohio I enjoyed watching him on tv a lot. Was a fan favorite
My brother is a big Cav fan, and a Penn State grad, so he was thrilled to have him there. Only think I can't figure is that he helped the team quit a bit during the season, then sat the bench during the playoffs watching the Cav's get swept!

Forget who the quote is from but a vet minimum guy said something similar awhile back with regards to his financial strategy. Gist of it was he couldn't let himself hang out with Carmelo because of how much you'd have to spend if you went to a club with him.

Reactions: WIP2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT