ADVERTISEMENT

Last night in the stands...

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
I went to my usual seat, 8 rows up from center mat and there was a young kid to my right with his parents. Another younger looking kid was to my left. Both were clearly in high school. I made a comment that they weren't my usual neighbors. The mom said her son was a recruit and Adam Lynch had given them the tickets. (I thought this odd as we were in season ticket country and recruits & team family members were usually a section over.)I told her son I hoped he would enjoy the meet and the atmosphere. He said the kid to my left was also a recruit. I welcomed him to Happy Valley, too. I asked the kid to the left what his name was. He said Zach Ryder. I replied that he wasn't a recruit, but a commit. He said so was Joe, the kid to my right, Joe Sealy. Both guys were personable and intelligent. Both were also gone by the start of the third bout. They were predictably in the wrong section and the usual season ticket holders arrived. (They had not accounted for football traffic.) It was Zack's first visit to a Rec Hall match and Joe's second as he had previously been to a Nebraska match. I wish I had the opportunity to visit with them and the parents throughout the match.

We ran into Zach and his parents at Snap Pizza before the match. Had a chance to talk at length including housing options in the area. His Dad showed me videos of Zach wrestling with Bo and others during NLWC practice. Talked about what it's like to walk into a wrestling room with so many world champions. Needless to say, both Zach and his parents are VERY excited to be coming here. Wished I had gotten a picture with them...

We ran into Zach and his parents at Snap Pizza before the match. Had a chance to talk at length including housing options in the area. His Dad showed me videos of Zach wrestling with Bo and others during NLWC practice. Talked about what it's like to walk into a wrestling room with so many world champions. Needless to say, both Zach and his parents are VERY excited to be coming here. Wished I had gotten a picture with them...
Mhmmmm

I went to my usual seat, 8 rows up from center mat and there was a young kid to my right with his parents. Another younger looking kid was to my left. Both were clearly in high school. I made a comment that they weren't my usual neighbors. The mom said her son was a recruit and Adam Lynch had given them the tickets. (I thought this odd as we were in season ticket country and recruits & team family members were usually a section over.)I told her son I hoped he would enjoy the meet and the atmosphere. He said the kid to my left was also a recruit. I welcomed him to Happy Valley, too. I asked the kid to the left what his name was. He said Zach Ryder. I replied that he wasn't a recruit, but a commit. He said so was Joe, the kid to my right, Joe Sealy. Both guys were personable and intelligent. Both were also gone by the start of the third bout. They were predictably in the wrong section and the usual season ticket holders arrived. (They had not accounted for football traffic.) It was Zack's first visit to a Rec Hall match and Joe's second as he had previously been to a Nebraska match. I wish I had the opportunity to visit with them and the parents throughout the match.
That’s a cool story. Might I add that I’m also a little jealous. Both those kids are good gets for PSU snd sound like good kids.

That's the pizza shop with RBY's NIL deal.

Teamwork.

BWI folks are everywhere, that’s awesome 😎 👏

So neither has Howard/Starocci heel potential? (These are important things to compile for me.)

ADVERTISEMENT