ADVERTISEMENT

Latest bowl consensus is Citrus vs Ole Miss but some still projecting Cotton or Orange

I think Micah's situation is a little different than the guys who blew off last year's bowl game. Micah decided to turn pro and began preparing for the NFL draft when the Big Ten initially cancelled the season…
Parsons quit playing for PSU before the B1G cancelled.

Parsons isn't a good example but we all know sitting out a bowl game isn't held against any player.

Parsons quit playing for PSU before the B1G cancelled.
He announced he wasn’t playing four days before the league made it official. But it had been widely speculated well before as other schools and leagues had cancelled. Plus, Pa was being very strict on Wuhan restrictions.

This isn’t about bowl games. It is about people not playing the rest of the regular season.
It’s probably getting close to the point where a lot of players who are projected to be high draft choices just won’t play at all in the season before they are drafted. Rather, they’ll just go to Florida or Arizona and train on their own. After all, if you’re really worried about hurting your big pay day, it’s non sensical to play in the first 10 or 11 games of a season and then check out at the end, because you can tear your ACL in the first game as easily as in the bowl game.

I really believe that it’s time that these schools and players enter into employment contracts and, if a player abandons his team before completing a season, some kind of monetary penalty should be enforced like repayment of a portion of the “salary.” Otherwise, this situation is going to continue to get more absurd, where you have teams going to bowls that bear very little resemblance to what they were at the beginning of the season.

He announced he wasn’t playing four days before the league made it official. But it had been widely speculated well before as other schools and leagues had cancelled.
He announced it a day or two after the B1G announced their first revised schedule where they eliminated OOC games. The quick bouncing around decision making was not a good look for the B1G, especially under the new leader.

Use the ambiguous speculation description as cover, but when Parsons announced, the thought was the B1G was playing.

Everything happening in the country that year was speculated about.

So the AP had an article on latest CFP poll. If we win out, and both Ohio State and Mich go to the playoffs, we go to the Rose Bowl. If only one gets the inite, and the other goes to the Rose, we could up in the Orange.....if we are ranked higher an Alabama. And even the Cotton is possible....depending on how TCU and Alabama end up.

In other words.....don’t buy your airline tickets yet!

Reactions: NedFromYork
So the AP had an article on latest CFP poll. If we win out, and both Ohio State and Mich go to the playoffs, we go to the Rose Bowl. If only one gets the inite, and the other goes to the Rose, we could up in the Orange.....if we are ranked higher an Alabama. And even the Cotton is possible....depending on how TCU and Alabama end up.

In other words.....don’t buy your airline tickets yet!

Bama will go to Sugar if they end up the 3rd highest ranked SEC team in the Final CFP Rankings and both UGa and Tenn get invited to the 4-Team Invitational. scUM/duhO$U loser to Rose and PSU to Orange

Bama will go to Sugar if they end up the 3rd highest ranked SEC team in the Final CFP Rankings and both UGa and Tenn get invited to the 4-Team Invitational. scUM/duhO$U loser to Rose and PSU to Orange
Not necessarily. Right now could be Georgia, Ohio State, Mich and TCU.....depending on how the Mich/OSU game plays out and assuming the winner wins the BIG title game. And that TCU wins out. Even if the OSU/Mich loser doesn’t get invited, Tennessee or LSU could get the Sugar invite.

Last edited:
Winning games helps recruiting. Going 11-2 helps recruiting. Winning bowl games helps recruiting.
My problem is I get it and since I will never be in that position I don’t agree with it. When a player does this, to me it looks like they don’t give a damn about the university.

Playoffs will be Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, and usc.

But flies vs Utah in rose
Tcu lsu in sugar
Alabama Clemson orange
Penn state and who cares in cotton

Winning games helps recruiting. Going 11-2 helps recruiting. Winning bowl games helps recruiting.
My problem is I get it and since I will never be in that position I don’t agree with it. When a player does this, to me it looks like they don’t give a damn about the university.
For money people college is just about getting a job afterwards. Not everyone feels the way we do about where we went to school. Hell, a lot of people here never went to Penn State (which is fine--I respect growing up a Penn State fan even if you didn't go there) but they truly don't owe the school anything. Let alone risk getting injured in a meaningless game.

With Tennessee’s loss, every projection I see has PSU in the citrus bowl versus ole Miss.

With Tennessee’s loss, every projection I see has PSU in the citrus bowl versus ole Miss.
With the bids basically based on rankings, very possible. If they beat MSU, PSU could use the help with an upset in 1 of 3 night games next week. So go Aggies, Vandy, and ND.

A lot might come down to how would LSU be treated if they pick up a 3rd loss in CCG. While it is tough to punish a team, an actual result of a game played should not be ignored as was done in 2019.

With the bids basically based on rankings, very possible. If they beat MSU, PSU could use the help with an upset in 1 of 3 night games next week. So go Aggies, Vandy, and ND.

Or the game that would help PSU the most - rooting for Auburn over Bama.

Reactions: Mufasa94
ADVERTISEMENT