ADVERTISEMENT

Football Latest on QB Drew Allar's injury status for Saturday's game

Or he might already know that Allar isn't going to play and he's just saying that so OSU can't focus on Pribula. You just never know with Sneaky James.
What would you do? Bring in OSU practice auditors for the week! Lol 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
They will prepare the best they can. I think Franklin was as honest as could be given they have to see what happens in practice. Any doubt about Allars mobility, you sit him. Can't risk making the injury worse with a lower body hit. Every fan certainly should understand that.

They will prepare the best they can. I think Franklin was as honest as could be given they have to see what happens in practice. Any doubt about Allars mobility, you sit him. Can't risk making the injury worse with a lower body hit. Every fan certainly should understand that.
I actually believe that a qb who poses a true running threat is the best choice against OSU like Gabriel for Oregon, who was able to run for a td against them.

Reactions: RickinDayton
My "reading between the lines" take:

1. Allar is going to try, but I don't think he will play.
2. Prepping your 3rd QB sounds all nice and lovely, but if Allar can't play, Grunk is the new backup.
3. Beau's style is a lot of running. All QBs are one hit from being out.

2. Prepping your 3rd QB sounds all nice and lovely, but if Allar can't play, Grunk is the new backup.
That's correct. All QBs are one hit from being out. That includes Will Howard.

I actually believe that a qb who poses a true running threat is the best choice against OSU like Gabriel for Oregon, who was able to run for a td against them.
I don't think a running threat isn't needed by any stretch but if Allar's not able to move in the pocket or take off in certain circumstances it's detrimental
I still think, not just you, way too many people just love the dual threat guys and dislike pocket passers.
The best choice against OSU is your best QB--that's Allar.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Allar won't be starting, and if so, I think Franklin should have said that Allar is fine. That way, they won't send a ton of time preparing for Beau.

I was screaming at him whole second half. He never took the slide and just bulled into guys. “You are already the backup…..don’t get hurt!”

Reactions: lazydave841
I'm pretty sure Allar won't be starting, and if so, I think Franklin should have said that Allar is fine. That way, they won't send a ton of time preparing for Beau.

OSU has done seen the tape. Beau played the entire 2nd half. Franklin saying anything is irrelevant other than not saying "Allar is out."

I don't think a running threat isn't needed by any stretch but if Allar's not able to move in the pocket or take off in certain circumstances it's detrimental
I still think, not just you, way too many people just love the dual threat guys and dislike pocket passers.
The best choice against OSU is your best QB--that's Allar.
Yes, but not if he has limited mobility. It's asking for the possibility of further and more serious injury. Not worth the risk.

I would tend to agree with all three, no inside info on No. 1 btw, just my gut.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT