ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting LaVar Arrington II commits to Penn State

Who knows? I would think Rojas would be next up for #11, yet he might be gone (drafted) by the time Arrington, Jr plays. Like another poster wrote, #11 is earned, not given away.

Reactions: PSU4U and psu1969a
I am three. However, he doesn't have his father's incredible athleticism, which was simply off the charts. Sr was a damn good RB and ran a 10.7 hundred meter. Time will tell how far from the tree this apple fell. Glad he is on board and hope he has the determination to make good on his academic and athletic potential.

Reactions: harbest
I am three. However, he doesn't have his father's incredible athleticism, which was simply off the charts. Sr was a damn good RB and ran a 10.7 hundred meter. Time will tell how far from the tree this apple fell. Glad he is on board and hope he has the determination to make good on his academic and athletic potential.
Lavar was the best athlete I've ever seen at Penn State. And he was the best kick blocker I've ever seen. He was incredible and Sandusky used him well.

Reactions: bison13
Am I the only one who isn't thrilled by this?
LaVar was elite and if junior is half as good as him that's a great get but this isn't a major signing and should have been a layup for the staff to get his commitment.
Just meh

• Haha
Reactions: knickslions
Agreed. He also left his teammates high and dry at their most difficult moment. Sick and tired of people trying to shove that under the rug or make excuses for him.
Yes, let's take one of the shining beacons of PSU football excellence, who is also a willing ambassador of the university and the football program, and crap on him.

LaVar was elite and if junior is half as good as him that's a great get but this isn't a major signing and should have been a layup for the staff to get his commitment.
Just meh

I'm not sure I get the layup part.

I don't think we had the space until mcclary decom for Rutgers.

Just meh
Yes, you probably are. If you watched his film, which I’m guessing you didn’t, and you probably just looked at his star rating, you will see he has excellent quickness off the ball like his dad had, and he can get to the QB IN A HURRY! I see similar traits to Abdul Carter with his elite quickness at the line of scrimmage while blitzing. He is undersized, but has lots of room to develop and grow his body, which he will do when he gets into the PSU S&C program. This is a MAJOR signing for us, for multiple reasons. It’s huge for our recruiting down the road and in California as well. I’d MUCH rather take him over DJ McClary. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what type of senior year Lavar II has.

Yes, you probably are. If you watched his film, which I’m guessing you didn’t, and you probably just looked at his star rating, you will see he has excellent quickness off the ball like his dad had, and he can get to the QB IN A HURRY! I see similar traits to Abdul Carter with his elite quickness at the line of scrimmage while blitzing. He is undersized, but has lots of room to develop and grow his body, which he will do when he gets into the PSU S&C program. This is a MAJOR signing for us, for multiple reasons. It’s huge for our recruiting down the road and in California as well. I’d MUCH rather take him over DJ McClary. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what type of senior year Lavar II has.
A lot of tall kids don’t muscle up until they stop growing. In the next two years he will probably add twenty pounds of muscle. Could be a great one.

Reactions: cyrizzle
He is 6'3" so a good frame to add muscle. #65 ranked player in California. He also has the intangible of having a father who was a Penn State All American.

Reactions: cyrizzle
Correct -- that you have seen. Mike Reid was so fast that he beat the Center's snap to the QB. AND he was a team player!

Lavar was the best athlete I've ever seen at Penn State. And he was the best kick blocker I've ever seen. He was incredible and Sandusky used him well.
I would have preferred a different wording for your ending clause "Sandusky used him well" but it is difficult to write that name without somehow creating the risk of a double entendre.

The video in the article lists him at 6'4". He could easily put on 30 lbs and be a DE.

His father was an incredible athlete at 6' 3". I recall going to a PSU game LA's true freshman season. I didn't follow recruiting back then and after a kickoff turned to my brother and said "who is that?" You could see he was the best athlete on the field. He was just so fluid and fit. It all looked effortless. We looked at the roster and it said "LaVar Arrington from Pittsburgh North Hills High School." I noted he was a very good track sprinter in high school. He ended up being just under 6'4" and 250 lbs.

I've watched his film and think you see his last name not just the film. It's not a mkorr signing. Getting a kid from California because he's a legacy doesn't help us in Cali.

You'd always rather have the guy we get than the one we didn't. I don't think either will have a major impact in college but time will tell.

The excitement here is the name not the film. Be real

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT