ADVERTISEMENT

Football LB Jamari Buddin enters transfer portal

I was hoping this kid would stay. I'm surprised he didn't think he could cut it here. We really aren't that deep at LB overall.

This portal $hit gets worse each day.
Fwiw, it was expected on our end. He played sparingly this year in a thin linebacker room and was likely to get passed up by the likes of Keon Wylie, Tony Rojas and others quickly.

I was hoping this kid would stay. I'm surprised he didn't think he could cut it here. We really aren't that deep at LB overall.

I don't see it that way. The two enrolled LB's aren't enrolling to sit patiently behind Buddin or any other LB that they may be better than.

Sam - Jacobs / DeLuka / Mills / Keys
Mike - King or Elsdon / Robinson
Will - Carter / Wylie / Rojas

And it is known that Diaz will also go with 5 DB's at times and when he does it has been discussed that Carter will move to Mike where he is a worrisome threat to blitz to opposing teams, and Jacobs would move to Will. So 2 of of the ( 9) 10 above will actually be on the field in nickle.

When teams recruit high 4 start and 5 star players they aren't coming to sit behind a 3rd year player that couldn't get on the field at the beginning of 2022 when there was actually some questions about PSU's LB depth.

How many LB's do you believe PSU needs?

The scholarshisps for the 2022 class and the couple of additional incomong transfers have to come from somewhere. I look for Katshir to be next.

JMO

Last edited:
What a shocker in 2023, to much competition…. I’m out….just goes to show you the talent, in the linebacker room. Kudos to the coaches!!!

• Wow
Reactions: GregInPitt
Well good luck to Buddin. There were some good points made by poster replies. Being that Buddin is from Michigan, perhaps he can step in and start at one of the "directional" Michigan schools.

I still think Buddin can be a damn good player. I know we were real happy to get him out of Michigan and away from UM and MSU. If his leaving is because of our on board talent and incoming talent, then that's a good thing I guess.

No surprise. He’s leaving because they are 10 deep with the heralded freshmen coming in. He was being buried.

Carter was an entrenched starter by Minnesota.

Wylie started subbing in before Buddin.

De Luca was given a scholarship.

Jacobs returned.

We have 2 EEs coming in January and we still are yet to see Mills, the latest Lackawanna pipeline player.

As discussed in a previous thread, the writing was on the wall. Best of luck to the kid. I hope he can find playing time out of the conference.

Non story. He was never going to see the field here. Stony Brook/Alany/Fordham level recruit.

Not surprising. He just wasn’t making much of an impact. Abdul Carter just blew right past him and with the incoming Freshman LB’s enrolling early he just wasn’t going anywhere. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Last edited:
In just the last couple of recruiting classes, we've had 4 recruits (Buddin, Mostella, Dixon, Jennings) from the state of Michigan who just havent been able to find the field here at Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT