ADVERTISEMENT

Lee versus Pletcher

Pletcher looks very very very tough right now, but it is a very long season, can he keep up the pace?

I have a lot of faith in Lee and our staff--if we are lucky we will see this match up 3 times this year.

This came up in another thread. My post...
Looking forward to this match-up too. Great point-of-reference for both guys. My gut tells me they'll neutralize each other and we might see a low-scoring affair.

I get the confidence above, with B&W spectacles on. Just don't see it other than a toss-up at this time.

Reactions: fronk71 and tabenn
Whats your prediction?
tenor.gif

Nick's aggression plays into Pletcher's preferred counter style. Wouldn't surprise me if Pletcher gets the first meeting.

After that, adjustments will be made. Nick wins in March.
If Nick has a weakness--it is adjustments, he just keeps working and sometimes just walks right into a guys wheelhouse. IE Dom Demas last March--hit him like 4 times with that inside trip. In my opinion Demas is not on the same level as Nick.

no way no how is this a dig on Nick--just an observation.

Reactions: Ski and diggerpup
I like pletch so far and happy to have a dish of crow served ice cold.

I don't see NLee that much different from last year.... yet. He destroys who he should, beats who he should and loses matches to guys who take advantage of his style. Hes consistent in that.

NLee can beat anyone no doubt but his style is taylor made for pletch to take advantage of. Probably not all 3 times they meet..........

So here's to losing the early battle(s) but winning the war late

Reactions: Ski and diggerpup
If Nick has a weakness--it is adjustments, he just keeps working and sometimes just walks right into a guys wheelhouse. IE Dom Demas last March--hit him like 4 times with that inside trip. In my opinion Demas is not on the same level as Nick.

no way no how is this a dig on Nick--just an observation.
One-match adjustments =/= between match adjustments.

Otherwise we'd be talking about Nick being 0-for vs. McKenna.

I pick Lee...Pletcher has picked his game up but so has Nick...
Tell Flo that. Lol. Nick has demolished everyone in his path, and dropped from 3rd to 4th in their rankings this week. I say this in jest. Nick will earn what is more important, his SEED, come March. Rankings, Schmankings.

Luke wrestles a ton like Joey McKenna honestly. I can see him mimicking his style, ride Nick and go for timely takedowns. I think most people know if you try to outpace or gas Nick, you're going to have a bad time.

Reactions: nerfstate
Tell Flo that. Lol. Nick has demolished everyone in his path, and dropped from 3rd to 4th in their rankings this week. I say this in jest. Nick will earn what is more important, his SEED, come March. Rankings, Schmankings.
That’s ok. Kutler loses to Hall. Rankings drop him behind Kemerer. Why? Since they didn’t wrestle each other how does #3 pass #2 just because #2 lost to #1.....which should have been expected.

Reactions: Ski
That’s ok. Kutler loses to Hall. Rankings drop him behind Kemerer. Why? Since they didn’t wrestle each other how does #3 pass #2 just because #2 lost to #1.....which should have been expected.
Exactly. I'm glad I don't have to put out rankings for all to see. I'd get picked apart like a fresh road kill by turkey buzzards. Rankings are a fun thing to look at, and chat about.

One-match adjustments =/= between match adjustments.

Otherwise we'd be talking about Nick being 0-for vs. McKenna.
I dont disagree that adjustments were made--But--Nick beat McKenna 1 time The Match at tOSU last year --gas tank was an issue,in my option for McKenna--dont get me wrong--NIck wrestled a great match, But Joey was on empty the last minute or more.:)

I feel like Nick is much better so far this year. I know he hasn’t seen top competition, but I’m seeing more confidence and precision in his (always has been) constant movement. Especially from top, it’s the clean technique that allowed Zain to break guys, and Nick is doing the same kind of things.

We saw McKenna at Rec on Sunday—was talking to my neighbors, and we all were wishing we could see them go at it then and there. Really looking forward to his battles with Pletcher. No doubt they will be dogfights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT