ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Fournette's block against Micah Parsons

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
I thought if you were a DL engaged with a OL and blocked by another player it was illegal in both college and NFL. Von Miller called out Leonard Fournette's block of MP during Sunday's game. It was close to being a crack back block. Micah called Fournette out also.

I thought if you were a DL engaged with a OL and blocked by another player it was illegal in both college and NFL. Von Miller called out Leonard Fournette's block of MP during Sunday's game. It was close to being a crack back block. Micah called Fournette out also.

It is a chop block if while engaged with a lineman somebody comes in as the second blocker and goes low.

Crack back block is when somebody is basically chasing down the ballcarrier and is not looking in front of them and an offensive player hits that defender from the side/back. The official from google is A crackback block is a football move where an offensive player delivers a block to the blindside of a defender, usually from out wide. This creates room for the ball carrier to continue moving forward. While anyone can perform a crackback block, wide receivers and tight ends usually do it.

Parsons just got double teamed, don't think anything illegal about that. tight ends and running backs 'chip' defensive ends all the time to slow them down.

Reactions: Woodpecker
This is plain and simple. Parsons got knocked on his ass and he does not like it.
It’s also plain and simple that Parsons got knocked on his ass by Fournette SOLELY because he was engaged with an offensive lineman at the time. As he said, that’s part of the game but before Fournette starts celebrating about how he’s such a badass, let him take on Micah mano vs mano.

I'd like to see video of the play. If Fournette went low with his block, Parsons has reason to call him out. (Although I'd say that Fournette would be pretty dumb to brag about blocking an opponent who was already mixing it up with an offensive lineman.)

it was perfectly legal. used to be called football and the reason that sometimes defensive ends just didn't go crazy toward the QB as they had to take into account getting chipped by a back or tight end.

block on parsons

I'd like to see video of the play. If Fournette went low with his block, Parsons has reason to call him out. (Although I'd say that Fournette would be pretty dumb to brag about blocking an opponent who was already mixing it up with an offensive lineman.)
Tampa lost Donovan Smith to an arm injury while he was trying to block MP on one of his sacks. He got pulled into traffic when the injury occurred. MP is going to have to get used to being double teamed since he's terrorizing QBs. He was jacked, that as you said Fournette was talking smack about his great block on MP when in reality he was engaged with an OL. It was a decleater for sure but you shouldn't puff up your chest and brag about it.

Reactions: therod
I considered the block to be targeting. Fournette led his helmet and shoulder into MP’s head while he was engaged. If Fournette hits him lower it’s a good play. But aiming to the head should be a penalty. Could of given MP a concussion with a hit like that.

It was a completely legal hit. That said, it was absurd for Fournette to brag about it because Parsons was already engaged with the O Lineman AND he didn’t even appear to see Fournette coming at him.

fournette is dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT