ADVERTISEMENT

Leonid & Friends Chicago cover band, Ides Of March Vehicle

HazletonLion

Nov 17, 2003
Seen this band at Penn's Peak , Jim Thorpe. Note for note their covers of Chicago, and Earth Wind & Fire were great. The lovely Ksenia Buzina is a stunningly beautiful woman. BTW they are all from Russia most can only speak a couple words in English.

Pretty good cover! And, Ksenia Buzina...wow!

kseniya-buzina03.jpg

th

Reactions: bytir
Who is the guy with the Penn State shirt?
This is a great cover if this great song. Nicely done

By the way....these lyrics....probably wouldn't fly today...

I want you got to have you child
Great God in heaven you know I love... you
Oh... you know I do...
Well I'm the friendly stranger in the black sedan won't you hop inside my car
I got pictures candy I am a lovable man I'd like to take you to the nearest star

:eek:

I discovered that band on Youtube a year or two ago. They really are fantastic. Anyone that wants to see more, just go to Youtube and type in their name.

Who is the guy with the Penn State shirt?
This is a great cover if this great song. Nicely done

By the way....these lyrics....probably wouldn't fly today...

I want you got to have you child
Great God in heaven you know I love... you
Oh... you know I do...
Well I'm the friendly stranger in the black sedan won't you hop inside my car
I got pictures candy I am a lovable man I'd like to take you to the nearest star

:eek:
The guy with the PSU shirt is Sergey Kashirin, was really good on Questions 67 & 68. Your right about the lyrics, that song is 50 years old this month, I think songs like Young Girl, Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon, You're 16, Go Away Little Girl, Christine 16.

Reactions: bytir
I discovered that band on Youtube a year or two ago. They really are fantastic. Anyone that wants to see more, just go to Youtube and type in their name.
All of their cover songs are terrific. If you listen to them with your eyes closed(and didn't notice the Russian accent on the vocals), you would swear that they are the Terry Kath era Chicago Traffic Authority/Chicago.
Whats even more amazing is that they had to learn the songs by sitting and listening to them...over and over, and transcribing line by line! No sheet music was available to them...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT