ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals Are the New McCarthyites - and They Are PROUD of it

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It was just over 60 years ago that the tactics of Senator Joseph McCarthy were repudiated when he was censured by the Senate in December 1954. Ever since then, McCarthyism - the reckless hurling of accusations at adversaries so as to destroy their reputations - has been considered one of the lowest forms of political behavior and one liberals love to crusade against.

But McCarthyism isn't limited to one party or ideology. And if liberals have any sense of self-awareness they will recognize the tactic has returned and is growing in their back yard.

Harry Reid, the top Democrat in the Senate, was asked by CNN's Dana Bash this week if he regretted his 2012 accusation on the Senate floor that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney "hasn't paid taxes for ten years." Reid presented no evidence at the time and claimed he didn't need any: "I don't think the burden should be on me. The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes."

-----------------

Big "if"........

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/416397/liberals-are-new-mccarthyites-and-theyre-proud-it-john-fund

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.