ADVERTISEMENT

Libs, help me out. I am sooo confused.

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
While I am a conservative, more like a Libertarian, I am pretty liberal on social issues. I don't give a crap what two (or three or more) adults do in their house. If they want to get married in what ever combination they dream about, I don't really care. I think is actually better for society if two gay people get married and spend their lives together.

But this discrimination stuff and laws like the one in Indiana have me all confused. I need the help of all you self-appointed PC Police to set me straight...so to speak.

Say a black couple owns a bakery and work really hard to be successful. Say some skin head with a swastika tatood on his head says he and his neo-nazi brothers are having a little get together. He wants them to make cupcakes for all with each one having a nazi symbol. And a great big cake saying, 'Long Live the Aryan Nation' and White Supremacy Forever' Can they tell him to go pound salt?

How about a gay couple that owns a print shop? Jerry Falwell Jr walks in and orders 50 posters for his demonstration that reads 'Gays will rot in Hell' and 'Say no to gay marriage!' Do they have to make those posters or can they toss him out?

And a couple of hard core women libbers that do web site development. A pro lifer wants them to develop a website promoting right to life issues including a full ban on abortions. What are their options? Can they refuse him their business?

Or a Muslim that sells Muslim books and materials. In walks one of those scumbags from Florida and wants to buy a dozen Korans so he can burn them. Does the Muslim have the right to protect his religious beliefs or must he not 'discriminate' against the customer's beliefs?

I don't want businesses to be able to discriminate against people because of their skin color, religion, sexuality or other issues. But legislating such things is exceedingly difficult. Where does it go and where does it stop?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.