ADVERTISEMENT

Linus and what Christmas is all about....

0850899c8b089843ff5986d6c5ad2d4a.jpg

Merry Christmas to All!

We discussed this cartoon in church on Sunday and again this afternoon at our candlelight service. Did you notice when linus says "fear not" he drops his blanket...he no longer needs his security blanket.

Praise be to God!!!!! Jesus is Born!!!

Was this a coordinated effort on behalf of the church? We went to family services at our church (in Va) and this was also the subject (Linus's speech and the significance of dropping his blanket). My toddler will get it someday...bit tonight, she had no interest.

Reactions: fairgambit
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.

Was this a coordinated effort on behalf of the church? We went to family services at our church (in Va) and this was also the subject (Linus's speech and the significance of dropping his blanket). My toddler will get it someday...bit tonight, she had no interest.
I don't know if it was a coordinated church effort but I posted the video because I traditionally watch that clip a couple of times every Christmas and just wanted to share it. Oddly, I never noticed the blanket drop until you guys mentioned it. It's an interesting point. Merry Christmas!

Great post Gambit. Always loved this one since my childhood. I thought I'd add another one of my all time favorites. This one is from Paul Harvey, entitled the 'Man and the Birds'. Essentially it's a modern parable about Christmas that simplifies the meaning of Christmas, as he states himself.
I was always a Paul Harvey fan, but never heard that one before. It was worth the listen. Thanks for sharing it GCL. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
At our church service tonight, our pastor made the Charlie Brown Christmas show his sermon. The focus of his message was Linus dropping his security blanket and telling everyone what the real meaning of Christmas is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT