ADVERTISEMENT

LOL - Government "seizing" tax refunds....

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
We need more government... to be the arbiter of social justice and fairness.... BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA.

Shalita Grant is a Tony nominated actress -- who plays a federal agent on TV's "NCIS New Orleans."
But to Social Security she's been an outlaw -- not because she did anything wrong -- but because her father was overpaid more than $13,000 in disability. Grant grew outraged when Social Security seized her $1,500 tax refund without warning or any evidence against her.
"I would describe it as a theft," she said. "I'm asking for a bill. I'm asking for something that says I owe you. I feel like you guys stole from me and I have nothing to show for it."

------------------------

"I had a baby due the next month," she said, growing emotional as she recalled what happened. "There are no words to explain how helpless the situation has been."
Helpless because Social Security admitted it had overpaid Jessica's mother, not her.
"I've told them 'til I'm blue in the face, I was a minor, I was learning to ride a bike during that time."
But now she's a Navy veteran, and describing herself as defenseless. "Against your own government."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/frustration-with-mistaken-tax-refund-seizures-continues/?ftag=YHFa5b931b

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.