ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Ron Johnson may be in a spot of legal trouble

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
The Trump Cultist (and Senator) from Wisconsin tried to deliver a bunch of fake electoral certificates (bearing the names of fake electors) to Mike Pence on January 6, 2021. Johnson has steadfastly denied knowing ANYTHING about Wisconsin's fake elector scheme, a denial which was laughable on its face. Unfortunately for Johnson, documents (including text messages) that came to light in March of this year show that Johnson and his staff were told explicitly about the plan to deliver fake elector certificates, and participated in trying to carry out that plan.

The upshot? It's explained in the article linked below, but here is a salient excerpt from said article:

On Tuesday, Wisconsin’s Department of Justice brought felony forgery charges against one of the architects of the plan, Kenneth Chesebro. That attorney already pleaded guilty in Georgia to participating in the illegal attempt in that state to overturn the election. Wisconsin prosecutors also charged Trump aide Mike Roman and attorney Jim Troupis, who represented Trump in Wisconsin during the 2020 election. Wisconsin is the fifth state to bring criminal charges in connection with the conspiracy to overturn Trump’s defeat ...

All of this creates an awkward situation for Wisconsin’s senior senator.

According to this week’s indictment, after a meeting at the Wisconsin Capitol on Dec. 14, 2020, where Trump electors signed the fake certificates, Chesebro and Troupis arranged for the documents to be flown to Washington by a young GOP volunteer. According to the charging document, the young aide sent a Jan. 5 text message saying “5 mins until I make the drop” and added, “I feel like a drug dealer.”

She later told 60 Minutes” that when she handed the certificates to Chesebro, the attorney took “a dramatic step back and looked at me and said, ‘You might have just made history.’”

This is where Johnson comes in.

According to the House Jan. 6 committee, Johnson connected Troupis with his chief of staff, Sean Riley, who texted Pence staff member Chris Hodgson at 12:37 p.m. on Jan. 6, saying, “Johnson needs to hand something to VPOTUS please advise.”

Hodgson responded: “What is it?”

Riley told Hodgson that they hoped to deliver an “alternate slate of electors for MI and WI because archivist didn’t receive them.”

Pence’s aide pushed back, texting Riley, “Do not give them to him.”

"I feel like a drug dealer." BWHAHAHAHA!! I wonder if an orange jumpsuit might be in Ron Johnson's future. Yet more evidence that #ETTD.

Here's the link to the full article: https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/wisconsin-fake-electors-ron-johnson-rcna155927

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News