ADVERTISEMENT

Loyalsock Receiver Jaylen Andrews

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
Not sure how many guys on the board have got to see this kid play but he is putting up big numbers as a junior this year. I've always thought a few of the Sock kids were overhyped by their coach as being Div 1 caliber guys, but I think this kid is legit. He just had a monster playoff game against Mifflinburg, where he had 270 yds, receiving and 5 tds., he also had a 70 yd punt return for a td. Kid stands 6' 3" and has great speed and hands as well as great instincts for high pointing catches. I've heard he's upped his academic standing also, so I hope PSU gives this kid a look.
Sock plays Danville for the District 3A title this weekend which should be a great game. They also have a Div 1 back in Senior, Davian Hill. Hill has D1 scholarship offers in basketball after being the PIAA Single A player of the year.

Last edited:
Not sure how many guys on the board have got to see this kid play but he is putting up big numbers as a junior this year. I've always thought a few of the Sock kids were overhyped by their coach as being Div 1 caliber guys, but I think this kid is legit. He just had a monster playoff game against Mifflinburg, where he had 270 yds, receiving and 5 tds., he also had a 70 yd punt return for a td. Kid stands 6' 3" and has great speed and hands as well as great instincts for high pointing catches. I've heard he's upped his academic standing also, so I hope PSU gives this kid a look.
Sock plays Danville for the District 3A title this weekend which should be a great game. They also have a Div 1 back in Senior, Damian Hill. Hill has D1 scholarship offers in basketball after being the PIAA Single A player of the year.
I absolutely just got chills reading this. There was a very nice write up in the sun-gazette yesterday about him. I coach Jaylen on our travel baseball team back when he and my son were 10-11 years old. We had a great team, but as will a lot of travel teams, some things went bad and we broke it up. Jaylen was a very quiet kid as he was from Montgomery at that time we were all from Williamsport area. Jaylen later moved to Loyalsock area. He was a great, great athlete. Could run like the wind, was tall and strong, could jump through the roof, just one of those kids you could tell if he worked at it he could be special. He was a good baseball player and our centerfielder. He and my son played on several travel teams in the past couple of years so we have been in touch during the past couple of summers, but Jaylen gravitated to basketball and football. He is exceling in each sport, and it is great to watch. I always treated each player like my own son and this year as been very cool to watch him flourish. Proud coach here. Jaylen needs to stay committed on the grades which he has picked up on recently. I hope PSU gives him a look. he is legit 6'3" and if i remember correctly he is actually young for his grade.

I absolutely just got chills reading this. There was a very nice write up in the sun-gazette yesterday about him. I coach Jaylen on our travel baseball team back when he and my son were 10-11 years old. We had a great team, but as will a lot of travel teams, some things went bad and we broke it up. Jaylen was a very quiet kid as he was from Montgomery at that time we were all from Williamsport area. Jaylen later moved to Loyalsock area. He was a great, great athlete. Could run like the wind, was tall and strong, could jump through the roof, just one of those kids you could tell if he worked at it he could be special. He was a good baseball player and our centerfielder. He and my son played on several travel teams in the past couple of years so we have been in touch during the past couple of summers, but Jaylen gravitated to basketball and football. He is exceling in each sport, and it is great to watch. I always treated each player like my own son and this year as been very cool to watch him flourish. Proud coach here. Jaylen needs to stay committed on the grades which he has picked up on recently. I hope PSU gives him a look. he is legit 6'3" and if i remember correctly he is actually young for his grade.
Jaylen is definitely flying under the radar but if he hits a few camps this summer he will open a lot of eyes to his talent and ability.
I hate to say it but I've got to see Fleming play live and Jaylen. I see more upside with Jaylen. The kid is probably 16 years old and could grow another inch or two. A 6' 4" or 5" receiver with his speed and jumping ability would be scary.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Jaylen is definitely flying under the radar but if he hits a few camps this summer he will open a lot of eyes to his talent and ability.
I hate to say it but I've got to see Fleming play live and Jaylen. I see more upside with Jaylen. The kid is probably 16 years old and could grow another inch or two. A 6' 4" or 5" receiver with his speed and jumping ability would be scary.
Agreed, yes my son's team played against Fleming and l have watched Jaylen play basketball and football as well. If he stays on the right track he could do some really nice things. He has the genes to grow more. I believe his birthday is in the summer and is the youngest of his class....the opposite of Fleming who was one of the oldest of his class. I am excited to see what comes of Jaylen and some other kids from the last couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT