ADVERTISEMENT

Major traffic issues going in and out of State College area

JoeHomsey

Feb 6, 2005
Bellwood
Several times this week, I've had to drive to and through the State College area. If you're coming in from the South or West, you will run into a long(appx 4-5 mile) one lane construction zone on I-99 around the Pinecroft/Bellwood exits. I've seen bumper to bumper traffic backed up for miles in both directions. It might delay game day traffic for up to 15-20 minutes.

Another nightmare scenario is on Route 322 in the Potters Mills-Seven Mountains area. Single one lane traffic that gets really clogged(10-15 mph) that runs all the way from the bottom of the mountain the whole way up. And it's in both directions. Just one truck in front of you, even if the truck is 2 miles ahead of you, will back you up big time.

I swear, whoever runs PennDot's road construction schedule must be a sPitter from way back. Every year, some kind of clogged up road construction project begins just as football season gets underway. The Bellwood/Pincroft nightmare just started last week.

I-80, the last time I went through, seems to be pretty clear. No problems there nor is there anything coming down I-99 from I-80.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News