ADVERTISEMENT

Many games impacted by Florence, but prospects improved for Penn State game?

Class of 67

Jan 30, 2007
Teams moving (e.g., UVA to Nashville) or cancelling (e.g., E. Car. at VaTech). LINK. Latest forecast predicting strong high pressure from north to suppress hurricane tract somewhat farther south and stall it for a time. This should forestall possible extreme weather in State College until next week. I hope this is correct. This is not to appreciate the danger imposed on others, such as the Carolinas, and the priority this has over any football game.. We hope the best for those to be impacted by wind, rain, and flooding.

I am in DC now and they are saying the same thing here - was going to try to move my flight earlier since I am heading to the game Saturday but the weather people here are saying it won’t hit land until later Saturday and will probable stall and meander south a little. Really sucks for people in the Carolinas as the rainfall could get up to 40” which is insane.

I am in DC now and they are saying the same thing here - was going to try to move my flight earlier since I am heading to the game Saturday but the weather people here are saying it won’t hit land until later Saturday and will probable stall and meander south a little. Really sucks for people in the Carolinas as the rainfall could get up to 40” which is insane.

At the start of the week I wasn't going to go.
Its not that I was worried about the rain in State College, it was more that we have had so much here in the Balto. area that any more and with added high winds and I was "concerned" with what I would come back too.
Now it seems as thought not only is State College in the clear for the weekend but Balto and DC are probably going to be spared too. Thats good for us.
But damn I'm concerned about our friends to the south in NC, SC and still parts of VA.

At the start of the week I wasn't going to go.
Its not that I was worried about the rain in State College, it was more that we have had so much here in the Balto. area that any more and with added high winds and I was "concerned" with what I would come back too.
Now it seems as thought not only is State College in the clear for the weekend but Balto and DC are probably going to be spared too. Thats good for us.
But damn I'm concerned about our friends to the south in NC, SC and still parts of VA.
I don't think State College will get any rain associated with the storm until early next week.

The track of the storm has shifted significantly west.

That's not to say it couldn't rain in State College, but the rain won't be hurricane related.

Reactions: BBrown
Teams moving (e.g., UVA to Nashville) or cancelling (e.g., E. Car. at VaTech). LINK. Latest forecast predicting strong high pressure from north to suppress hurricane tract somewhat farther south and stall it for a time. This should forestall possible extreme weather in State College until next week. I hope this is correct. This is not to appreciate the danger imposed on others, such as the Carolinas, and the priority this has over any football game.. We hope the best for those to be impacted by wind, rain, and flooding.
I swear I thought you meant more recruiting prospects would go to the IL game cause of the weather in the Carolinas and VA would wreck plans to go to games in those areas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT