ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Brennan further exposes Franklin...

🤣 🤣 🤣
You just exposed yourself.
You think the 247 guys are good? You don’t think they blow high school kids (not literally) for interviews and then refuse to call them out? Tyler Donahue wouldn’t blame a loss on a player if gis life depended on it man.

Dead on. great write up- get your best players on the field at crunch time.
No it’s not….I guess a good coach would have been able to make sure Carter didn’t get hurt or would have patched him up at half time. Good lord, you can’t play your best players when one of them is hurt and then to criticize the coach for not playing his best players shows a complete lack of intelligence.

Reactions: Texas Lion
What you’re saying is pretty insane when you think about it…. that the head football coach makes so much money he would have to raise tuition at 100,000 student university campus to cover his buyout. That’s disgusting and nobody here should think Franklin is worth anywhere near that
Just shows the colossal incompetency of PSU - Sandy, etc.

As bad as she was at Cal, this boondoggle makes that look like the Kindergarten of business mistakes. She has placed Penn State in an incredible bind.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Franklin isn’t the reason Penn
State lost yesterday. Did it ever occur to you haters and Brennan that maybe the DC decided who plays in certain situations? Nah that couldn’t be it. Here I thought it was a 6th year senior QB who had 4 turnovers. My bad. Waiting for you geniuses to report that Franklin is responsible for global warning too. No coach is perfect and I have been critical of Franklin when it is deserved but claiming Franklin was responsible for yesterday’s loss is beyond asinine and pathetically agenda driven. The team lost the game because they turned the ball over 4 times, several at key points in the game, and OSU didn’t turn it over once. That’s a recipe for defeat 9 out of 10 times
Franklin is responsible for the performance of the team and the coaches.

Penn Stare needs to fire half of the fans on this board. We are in line to go 10-2 and in two years will be in the playoffs when they expand. Most of the experts here said 8-4 so I’m not sure where they come up with firing a guy when he exceeds expectations.

Last edited:
Just shows the colossal incompetency of PSU - Sandy, etc.

As bad as she was at Cal, this boondoggle makes that look like the Kindergarten of business mistakes. She has placed Penn State in an incredible bind.
I missed it. Which OL player turned the ball over 4 times.

You make some sense but Franklin chose Clifford and still calls him a great leader. Excuse me but leaders and team captains should not turn the ball over 4 times. One of Franklin's biggest problems; he seldom seems to have good leaders as team captains. People follow players WHO GET THINGS DONE. This eliminates Clifford.
Chase and Seaquon were leaders. I think Allar will be a great leader if Franklin's ineptitude does not drive him to the transfer portal. PS is Franklin on the new coach list
We have a winner for dumbest post of the month.....and it has been a long damn month.

Who is Chase? Saquon made such an impression on you that you have no clue how to spell his name. How in the hell do you know what kind of leader Allar is? Did you see something in the Wednesday night pictures that tells you that?

Reactions: PSUSignore
Absolutely correct. 44 had both the right tackle’s, and Clifford’s number…. Completely. 2 interceptions, caused/recovered fumbles, 3-4 deflected passes, several other “affected” passes. — almost everyone else played the buckeyes “straight up” or better, in the aggregate.
— One easily fixable flaw that bugs me, is the amount of deflected passes by OSU compared to our D-line. Are they not taught to raise their arms/hands when the QB throws? This narrows throwing windows….. and OSU is outstanding at it. Once upon a time, we were too. Did it leave with Tom Bradley and Larry Johnson?
Good point on the deflected passes. When was the last time Clifford pump faked? I can't remember. They may have scouted this and told their players ,"hands, up and it's ok to leave your feet" . Someone remarked that 8 or 9 passes were tipped. That many is not just luck

Reactions: bytir
Good point on the deflected passes. When was the last time Clifford pump faked? I can't remember. They may have scouted this and told their players ,"hands, up and it's ok to leave your feet" . Someone remarked that 8 or 9 passes were tipped. That many is not just luck
He pump faked a lot….I’m not sure which game you were watching.

Sometimes the other guy is just better. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for so many people. OSU is the better team and has more talent. The loss wasn't Franklin's fault or Clifford's fault, no matter how much those that don't like either of them want to look for data points to replace them both.

Sometimes the other guy is just better. I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for so many people. OSU is the better team and has more talent. The loss wasn't Franklin's fault or Clifford's fault, no matter how much those that don't like either of them want to look for data points to replace them both.
This^ I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for so many on here to just admit we got beat by a better team. I think it makes some feel better to have someone to blame at the water cooler or when arguing with OSU fans, but the fact is they are a better and deeper team. We lose arguably our best LB for most of the second half and it hurts big time. OSU just plugs in another 5 star.

Interesting take since we were in fact beating them on the board and in nearly every stat…unless you include turnovers as leading. That is, until the silliness started.
However, two of the interceptions were screens and in each case it was as if the QB did not expect to see a lineman with such deep penetration. Except the lineman was exactly where they should have been for the play….a screen. Yet the QB doesn’t execute.

The short hook INT was thrown late allowing the defender to recover and make the play. The receiver was open for the timing throw. But in fairness to Clifford we don’t really know if he threw late because the hook was early or not. He seemed to have a discussion with the receiver about it. So I don’t know where that problem lies.

As to the Defense when it got silly. Every stinking time we’ve had a lead on OSU late in the game with Franklin, They have gone to the hurry up O and BLAM…we lose. Cannot get new defenders on the field. Cannot get the right lanes defended. We were not set on the first long run, trying to decide what to do. You’d think it was unexpected but it wasn’t, yet we weren’t ready when they did what they always do…go NASCAR. Now you can say it’s hard to defend, and it is, but we didn’t even LOOK ready for it. Manny may not have experienced it, but the HC sure has. Over and over.

Yes they have better depth. We all get it. But this scene is the same. It’s old.

If Franklin reads this, he will probably make Mark Brennan an assistant coach since he knows which QB should be starting and he doesn't. LOL😄

We have had some good recruiting classes which got people‘s hopes up. But they have recruited even better . How many 4*5* does PSU have vs how many Buckeyes?

This^ I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for so many on here to just admit we got beat by a better team. I think it makes some feel better to have someone to blame at the water cooler or when arguing with OSU fans, but the fact is they are a better and deeper team. We lose arguably our best LB for most of the second half and it hurts big time. OSU just plugs in another 5 star.
I must have been asleep at the wheel as I did not know Carter got hurt at LB. That could explain some of their success in the 4Q. How bad an injury, any idea?

I agree, great post!

We have a winner for dumbest post of the month.....and it has been a long damn month.

Who is Chase? Saquon made such an impression on you that you have no clue how to spell his name. How in the hell do you know what kind of leader Allar is? Did you see something in the Wednesday night pictures that tells you that?
Winner of rudest person today. Chill out. I like Franklin but he has done a fair to good job since 2019; definitely not worth $8,000,000 or even half that. His greed out him on a very high pedestal, an easy target when mediocrity is delivered.

Winner of rudest person today. Chill out. I like Franklin but he has done a fair to good job since 2019; definitely not worth $8,000,000 or even half that. His greed out him on a very high pedestal, an easy target when mediocrity is delivered.
Just today? I must be losing my touch. You still didn't understand my question about Allar. How do you know what kind of leader he is? Because he threw some TD's vs The World Famous Ohio Bobcats?

We have had some good recruiting classes which got people‘s hopes up. But they have recruited even better . How many 4*5* does PSU have vs how many Buckeyes?
Look no further than blue chip ratios (% of roster comprised of 4 and 5 star recruits signed from last 4 recruiting classes). Source

In the last decade every team that has won a natty had a blue chip ratio > 50%. The playoffs are regularly comprised of the teams near the top of this list every season.

2022 Blue Chip Ratio:
  1. Bama 89%
  2. OSU 80%
  3. Georgia 77%
  4. Oklahoma 71%
  5. A&M 70%
  6. Texas 68%
  7. LSU 66%
  8. Clemson 63%
  9. Notre Dame 62%
  10. Florida 60%
  11. Oregon 60%
  12. Michigan 59%
  13. PSU 55%
  14. Miami 55%
  15. Auburn 54%

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Look no further than blue chip ratios (% of roster comprised of 4 and 5 star recruits signed from last 4 recruiting classes). Source

In the last decade every team that has won a natty had a blue chip ratio > 50%. The playoffs are regularly comprised of the teams near the top of this list every season.

2022 Blue Chip Ratio:
  1. Bama 89%
  2. OSU 80%
  3. Georgia 77%
  4. Oklahoma 71%
  5. A&M 70%
  6. Texas 68%
  7. LSU 66%
  8. Clemson 63%
  9. Notre Dame 62%
  10. Florida 60%
  11. Oregon 60%
  12. Michigan 59%
  13. PSU 55%
  14. Miami 55%
  15. Auburn 54%
so we are pretty much right where we should be. Makes a ton of sense.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

2022 Blue Chip Ratio:
  1. Bama 89%
  2. OSU 80%
  3. Georgia 77%
  4. Oklahoma 71%
  5. A&M 70%
  6. Texas 68%
  7. LSU 66%
  8. Clemson 63%
  9. Notre Dame 62%
  10. Florida 60%
  11. Oregon 60%
  12. Michigan 59%
  13. PSU 55%
  14. Miami 55%
  15. Auburn 54%
Bingo. Putting 5-7 into the NFL every year is good but the game is played with 30-35 players. A few outstanding players cannot cover for the other 25-30 when the opponent has double the number of top talent. And those opponents attack the weakest part of team their are playing.

Hell, even Pitt regularly puts top talent out but with mostly 2*&3* they don’t have the depth.

Just today? I must be losing my touch. You still didn't understand my question about Allar. How do you know what kind of leader he is? Because he threw some TD's vs The World Famous Ohio Bobcats?
Clifford is not the QB to lead the Lions to the next level. Rather than wait til next year, let Allar shorten the learning curve beginning now. That is what I meant. It would be a good recruiting move too. Show top talent Franklin is determined to take the Lions to the top.
I would say the same at LB too with regards to Sutherland. Carter made some mistakes last Saturday but that is the way a young kid learns.
I like Franklin but must admit he has made some poor decisions the past 3 years.

Bingo. Putting 5-7 into the NFL every year is good but the game is played with 30-35 players. A few outstanding players cannot cover for the other 25-30 when the opponent has double the number of top talent. And those opponents attack the weakest part of team their are playing.

Hell, even Pitt regularly puts top talent out but with mostly 2*&3* they don’t have the depth.
Bret Bilema

Clifford is not the QB to lead the Lions to the next level. Rather than wait til next year, let Allar shorten the learning curve beginning now. That is what I meant. It would be a good recruiting move too. Show top talent Franklin is determined to take the Lions to the top.
I would say the same at LB too with regards to Sutherland. Carter made some mistakes last Saturday but that is the way a young kid learns.
I like Franklin but must admit he has made some poor decisions the past 3 years.
11 started last week and I believe the week before. He had 52 snaps to Sutherlands 24. 11 actually led the LB's in snaps (even more than Jacobs). We have had the most FR play this year (burn RS) than any other year in Franklins history. Franklins dedication to the two freshman RB's has basically forced everyone else in to the rb room to quit or enter the portal.

If you want to say take Cliff out of the game because of the huge turnovers he is prone to, then I can see that. But to say Clifford lack leadership is flat out wrong. To say you want Allar because it would prove to FR that JFF plays freshman, then you again are wrong.

Reactions: bytir
Now that Mary has seemed to scram I want to clarify my issue with MB. If MB really believes what he wrote, then what type of question does he come to the table with tomorrow? Will he ask a question that backs his point that he made, or will he ask about the development of Jimmy Christ as a leader in the 4 plays he played on Saturday.

He asks a tough question and I will respect him a little bit more.

Now that Mary has seemed to scram I want to clarify my issue with MB. If MB really believes what he wrote, then what type of question does he come to the table with tomorrow? Will he ask a question that backs his point that he made, or will he ask about the development of Jimmy Christ as a leader in the 4 plays he played on Saturday.

He asks a tough question and I will respect him a little bit more.
You can do better than to prove that you are class with human being. God-bless.

Except Franklin also has to play for this season, he can't intentionally play a worse roster simply to prep for next year now that the team has 2 losses. That would be a great way to piss off all of the upperclassmen in the locker room and could also have negative recruiting impacts. It could cost the team a win here or there and cost a possible NY6 berth which is also a big payday and marketing exposure.

There are no guarantees for 2023, even if you play Allar now the team still may not win in the coming seasons for a variety of reasons. If Franklin were to cost the team a 2022 NY6 berth and they also don't win in 2023-2024, if I'm his boss I'd have some serious questions for him. Franklin's job is to win football games now, not just to plan for the future. If the team were really struggling it would be a different story but we are 6-2 and still have a chance for a damn good season, it would be dumb to play anyone but the players he believes give us the best chance to win right now and clearly he believes that is Clifford based on what they've seen from Allar in practice.

Except Franklin also has to play for this season, he can't intentionally play a worse roster simply to prep for next year now that the team has 2 losses. That would be a great way to piss off all of the upperclassmen in the locker room and could also have negative recruiting impacts. It could cost the team a win here or there and cost a possible NY6 berth which is also a big payday and marketing exposure.

There are no guarantees for 2023, even if you play Allar now the team still may not win in the coming seasons for a variety of reasons. If Franklin were to cost the team a 2022 NY6 berth and they also don't win in 2023-2024, if I'm his boss I'd have some serious questions for him. Franklin's job is to win football games now, not just to plan for the future. If the team were really struggling it would be a different story but we are 6-2 and still have a chance for a damn good season, it would be dumb to play anyone but the players he believes give us the best chance to win right now and clearly he believes that is Clifford based on what they've seen from Allar in practice.
The backup QB is always the best QB, haven’t you learned that yet?

Reactions: Gitzit
Carter got dinged up. So did a couple of DL.

Botomline on this game is that it took the greatest defensive performance by an opponent at the Beav to beat the Nits.

It was not Stroud, Harrison, or Henderson. It was solely #44 who was directly responsible for 21 pts. PSU whooped on the Bucks otherwise who are pretty soft and will not beat scUM.

We just witnessed what might have been the greatest single game defensive lineman performance in CFB. That’s right. Epic. Appreciate what you saw yesterday. Unbelievable!
🙄🙄🙄🙄 c’mon man

And yet JF owns MB....

BIG BAD MARK BRENNAN!!!! Who everyone said nailed it in print.......goes in depth and asks:

"What does Olu Fashanu do so well that makes the NFL Scots interested in him"

Thats what Im talking about folks. Easy to write it, but when the time comes tucking your tail and running!!!

Reactions: Parkerdam555
And yet JF owns MB....

BIG BAD MARK BRENNAN!!!! Who everyone said nailed it in print.......goes in depth and asks:

"What does Olu Fashanu do so well that makes the NFL Scots interested in him"

Thats what Im talking about folks. Easy to write it, but when the time comes tucking your tail and running!!!
I find myself agreeing with you more and more 😆

ADVERTISEMENT