Martha’s Vineyard Immigrants Sue DeSantis

Lion84

Apr 10, 2015

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Desantis sent them on a private plane to an island where the average house price is close to $2 million and the residents were nice to them for 48 hours before calling in the National Guard.

Biden invited them to walk or swim across the Rio Grande. Then submit to Border Patrol who placed them in queues where they waited hours (days? Weeks?). Maybe flown to holding facilities in unknown states or maybe bussed. If not, they are left to sleep on the streets of El Paso or some other border town.

Who actually lied to the illegals? Desantis provided a pamphlet outlining government programs. Biden said come on down, you are all welcome, which ignores federal law and condemns them to life in the shadows in the US.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
So the left is saying the immigrants were too stupid to know what they were signing when they agreed to be sent to a sanctuary state, but smart enough to sue in a class action?

More lefty ambulance chaser lawyers looking to cash in.
The lawyers probably sent the immigrants for repressed memory therapy. They didn't know anybody was taking advantage of them until the lawyers helped them remember.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Reactions: franklinman

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
I can't believe they have any legal standing to do this.
They are not slaves. If the deed happened in the US and as done b US citizen , why wouldn’t they? You don’t need to be a citizen if the above applies.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Weak/ can’t handle the actual topic like the rest of your type. Not one attempt to justify that Governor spending money in another state- not one of you- weak as usual.
But it's OK for Biden to send tens of thousands to planes full of migrants around the country? That doesn't cost other states? Then why are they asking for federal assistance?

onetime1

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
So the left is saying the immigrants were too stupid to know what they were signing when they agreed to be sent to a sanctuary state, but smart enough to sue in a class action?

More lefty ambulance chaser lawyers looking to cash in.
Maybe they can get Michael Avenatti to represent them?

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
But it's OK for Biden to send tens of thousands to planes full of migrants around the country? That doesn't cost other states? Then why are they asking for federal assistance?
How does this explain how a Governor spends money for another states issue- try and stay on topic .

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286 and psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Blah , blah, another Republican politician breaking the law Blah blah
Meanwhile, DeSantis needs to charter a cruse ship full of illegals and send them to MV. Invasion by land, air, and water. Keep them coming.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Meanwhile, DeSantis needs to charter a cruse ship full of illegals and send them to MV. Invasion by land, air, and water. Keep them coming.
From Texas- why? Because he said it wasn’t a problem in Florida- just an illegal stunt. He is POS. End of story

bdgan

May 29, 2008
How does this explain how a Governor spends money for another states issue- try and stay on topic .
Please tell me you aren't really that ignorant.
  1. This became a Florida issue once Biden started flying illegal immigrants into Jacksonville.
  2. Do you really think these immigrants can support themselves? Most are poorly educated and don't speak English. Somebody has to feed, buy clothes, and provide housing. Then there's things like healthcare and education.
  3. DeSantis is protecting Floridians.

Reactions: bison13

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
They are not slaves. If the deed happened in the US and as done b US citizen , why wouldn’t they? You don’t need to be a citizen if the above applies.

They are not citizens. They are in this country illegally. They should have no legal standing under our Constitution.

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
I don't blame them. Next time I go to Martha's Vineyard, I'm suing people after my stay is over.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Funny thing about these poor Venezuelans who surely were naive and tricked into signing papers.

The typical Venezuelan is highly literate and at least somewhat bilingual.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Please tell me you aren't really that ignorant.
  1. This became a Florida issue once Biden started flying illegal immigrants into Jacksonville.
  2. Do you really think these immigrants can support themselves? Most are poorly educated and don't speak English. Somebody has to feed, buy clothes, and provide housing. Then there's things like healthcare and education.
  3. DeSantis is protecting Floridians.
You really think you are making some point and you call me ignorant. Did you even listen to his clip? He said Florida has no problem- that’s why he used Floridians money for a political stunt. When will one of you man up and admit he had no right to use Florida’s resources in Texas.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Illegal show from a huge POS.

Settle down there little fella. He did the right thing by exposing you clowns as hypocrites. Having seen it, now Americans know it. NIMBY..... lmfao...

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Exposed...... You and the rest.

Why don't you invite DeSantis up to Seasons 52 for a Friday night fight?? That would be original, say?
🤪 Looks like you and the horse wanker are really upset! What a pair 🤣

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
🤪 Looks like you and the horse wanker are really upset! What a pair 🤣

Not really.

Republicans are finally winning the optics war​

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/republicans-are-finally-winning-the-optics-war-marthas-vineyard/

Recently, Florida governor Ron DeSantis decided to send two planes full of illegal aliens to the beautiful, beautiful-people-filled island of Martha’s Vineyard. Not to be outdone, Texas governor Greg Abbott sent two buses of illegal aliens to Vice President Kamala Harris’s residence in Washington, DC.

Shockingly the limousine liberals in these progressive enclaves were not as thrilled with their new arrivals as their past virtue signaling and “hate has no home here” lawn signs might have led you to believe.

Several blue checks including Elie Mystal accused the Republicans of engaging in human trafficking. Strangely none of these compassionate people took issue with the New York Post’s report in October 2021 that Biden was flying “planeloads of underage migrants” into suburban New York in an effort to “quietly resettle them across the region.”

Other insane takes? CNN’s John Berman thought that DeSantis’s decision to send illegals to Martha’s Vineyard “addresses some of the same themes” found in his guest Ken Burns’s new documentary, The US and The Holocaust. For something that the left is hell bent on dismissing as a “stunt,” it certainly is ruffling some feathers.

This is a big pivot for the Biden White House. Remember when Jen Psaki spent months refusing to describe the border situation as a “crisis”? How about just a few days ago when border czar Kamala Harris told Chuck Todd the border was “secure”?

Now, suddenly, there is no shortage of outrage over fifty migrants landing in Martha’s Vineyard.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Not really.

Republicans are finally winning the optics war​

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/republicans-are-finally-winning-the-optics-war-marthas-vineyard/

Recently, Florida governor Ron DeSantis decided to send two planes full of illegal aliens to the beautiful, beautiful-people-filled island of Martha’s Vineyard. Not to be outdone, Texas governor Greg Abbott sent two buses of illegal aliens to Vice President Kamala Harris’s residence in Washington, DC.

Shockingly the limousine liberals in these progressive enclaves were not as thrilled with their new arrivals as their past virtue signaling and “hate has no home here” lawn signs might have led you to believe.

Several blue checks including Elie Mystal accused the Republicans of engaging in human trafficking. Strangely none of these compassionate people took issue with the New York Post’s report in October 2021 that Biden was flying “planeloads of underage migrants” into suburban New York in an effort to “quietly resettle them across the region.”

Other insane takes? CNN’s John Berman thought that DeSantis’s decision to send illegals to Martha’s Vineyard “addresses some of the same themes” found in his guest Ken Burns’s new documentary, The US and The Holocaust. For something that the left is hell bent on dismissing as a “stunt,” it certainly is ruffling some feathers.

This is a big pivot for the Biden White House. Remember when Jen Psaki spent months refusing to describe the border situation as a “crisis”? How about just a few days ago when border czar Kamala Harris told Chuck Todd the border was “secure”?

Now, suddenly, there is no shortage of outrage over fifty migrants landing in Martha’s Vineyard.
We shall see I suppose. Nothing that is said on this board will change things one way or another . I would be fun to wager on some of this though.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
We shall see I suppose. Nothing that is said on this board will change things one way or another . I would be fun to wager on some of this though.
I might actually agree with some of this if idiots like DeSantis don’t make it about them and way over play their hand. It’s like these Republicans can’t get out of their own way. His stuff might work on the base but it looks bad to general public.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I might actually agree with some of this if idiots like DeSantis don’t make it about them and way over play their hand. It’s like these Republicans can’t get out of their own way. His stuff might work on the base but it looks bad to general public.

Did you just reply to yourself?

The problem isn't DeSantis. The problem is the Biden administration. Not every state is paying their fair share of their liberal policy of essentially open borders.