ADVERTISEMENT

Mary's Rose Bowl predictions

Marylovesthelions

Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
1. Team leadership is much stronger this year. Most departing stars will play.
2. Rose Bowl exposure will help us get a top 5 wr and OL in the portal.
3. We will beat Utah and finish #5 or 6.
4. A Rose Bowl win will boost the 2024 recruiting class into the top 10.
I have often pointed to terrible team leadership in 2020 and 2021. This team made a complete reversal, setting the stage . We must now beat OSU and or Michigan to reach elite status.

Few games have had more significance for this program.

I have often pointed to terrible team leadership in 2020 and 2021. This team made a complete reversal, setting the stage . We must now beat OSU and or Michigan to reach elite status.

Reasonable.

Reactions: NedFromYork

I disagree with #1. Most stars aren't departing at all. The vast majority return. Otherwise, on point.

Utah will be a tough matchup in the Rose Bowl and tougher if a bunch of players opt out! It could be nothing more than the first game of 2023…. Cliff is in. Porter out. What about Fashnu, Mustipher, Jacobs, Brown, Strange, etc???

Utah will be a tough matchup in the Rose Bowl and tougher if a bunch of players opt out! It could be nothing more than the first game of 2023…. Cliff is in. Porter out. What about Fashnu, Mustipher, Jacobs, Brown, Strange, etc???
Also depends on how many of Utah’s players opt out.

Utah plays tough and always has that group of "3 stars" ready to play the entire 60 minutes. They have a bunch of Texas/CA rejects who play like 4-5 stars.

It will be a tough game for us, no doubt.

Reactions: baircub1!
I don't have much of an issue with the post. However, I think fans have a tendency to follow the media hype and
make one game bigger than it is. I doubt that beating or losing to Utah is going to have a massive impact on recruiting. I'd love to win and collect another 11 win season.....and a top 5 or 6 finish.
What it means for next year? Optimism. In reality, next years results will be more impacted by a healthy roster more than anything else. Key injuries will destroy any team. USC would have at a minimum, been in a shoot out with Utah last night had Williams not pulled his hamstring.

Utah only starts 5 Srs.
The only issue I see for them with opt outs might be in their passing game. 2 WRs are seniors and their really good TE is as well. Their qb is a redshirt Jr and may also have thoughts of declaring. Although I don't think the qb would be a high pick so maybe he stays.

Edit: upon further review, they have the following projected in the draft as well:

Late 1st rd CB Phillips
3rd round TE Kincaid
6th round OLB Diabate
6th round QB Rising

WR Dixon is also a redshirt senior
WR Enis is a senior
FB Kendall is a senior
FS Hubert us a senior

They won't have a ton of opt outs but possibly 2 or 3 or so is a reasonable guess.

Last edited:
I don't have much of an issue with the post. However, I think fans have a tendency to follow the media hype and
make one game bigger than it is. I doubt that beating or losing to Utah is going to have a massive impact on recruiting. I'd love to win and collect another 11 win season.....and a top 5 or 6 finish.
What it means for next year? Optimism. In reality, next years results will be more impacted by a healthy roster more than anything else. Key injuries will destroy any team. USC would have at a minimum, been in a shoot out with Utah last night had Williams not pulled his hamstring.

Agreed.

That said, I hate to play my usual role of Party Pooper, but first there's the small matter of Purdue losing tonight. If they shock the world and win, they're going to Pasadena. It's in the bowl contract.

OK, granted, they're big-time underdogs, but stranger things have happened. The fact is, they have a shot.

This is why I took matters into my own hands and put a few bucks on the Boilers to win, thus sealing their fate. Somebody had to do it.

Agreed.

That said, I hate to play my usual role of Party Pooper, but first there's the small matter of Purdue losing tonight. If they shock the world and win, they're going to Pasadena. It's in the bowl contract.

OK, granted, they're big-time underdogs, but stranger things have happened. The fact is, they have a shot.

This is why I took matters into my own hands and put a few bucks on the Boilers to win, thus sealing their fate. Somebody had to do it.
Even the people here claiming Purdue is a good team know better. Purdue only has a chance if Michigan is looking ahead

Reactions: ND Heaven68
Agreed.

Well what would a Purdue victory do to the NNNNNCAC cries of "we didn't play anyone with a pulse." LOL
It would almost be worth a trip to the Citrus to watch that reapplication of logic ;)

Well what would a Purdue victory do to the NNNNNCAC cries of "we didn't play anyone with a pulse." LOL
It would almost be worth a trip to the Citrus to watch that reapplication of logic ;)

Haha! Yes, to watch Lando try to squirm his way out the Purdue box he put himself in...priceless.

But actually, even if Purdue wins, I think we still end up in an NY6 bowl (Cotton) unless...LSU also wins. So it would take not one but two shocking upsets to keep us out of the NY6 lineup.

Reactions: marshall23
Haha! Yes, to watch Lando try to squirm his way out the Purdue box he put himself in...priceless.

But actually, even if Purdue wins, I think we still end up in an NY6 bowl (Cotton) unless...LSU also wins. So it would take not one but two shocking upsets to keep us out of the NY6 lineup.
Purdue has a snow ball's chance in hell of winning - plain and simple

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Every year for a decade our bowl opponent’s fans have brought their best and most original pedophile jokes to the table. I’m interested in what the Mormons will bring in this regard.

Utah will be a very tough match-up for PSU. They can run the ball like Michigan and pass the ball better than Michigan. It won't help that Porter opted out.

IMO PSU will need 35 points to beat them. That won't be easy without Washington.

Utah will be a very tough match-up for PSU. They can run the ball like Michigan and pass the ball better than Michigan. It won't help that Porter opted out.

IMO PSU will need 35 points to beat them. That won't be easy without Washington.
Oregon only needed 18 points to beat them and Oregon has the 75th ranked defense in the country.

Who have they played with a decent defense.

Oregon only needed 18 points to beat them and Oregon has the 75th ranked defense in the country.
UCLA beat them also. Stop blowing Utah out of proportion: Yes, Penn State can lose, but Penn State can also win this game just as easily.

Reactions: Brycen10
UCLA beat them also. Stop blowing Utah out of proportion: Yes, Penn State can lose, but Penn State can also win this game just as easily.

Miles, you had Penn State losing to Indiana. Remember this?

Reactions: CbusLion10
Agreed.

I took matters into my own hands as well. I have Rose Bowl tickets already. Thus assuring that Purdue will pull the upset. I had World Series tickets in '91 (or 92) for the Pirates. But Barry Bonds couldn't throw out Sid ****ing Bream from shallow left field. Fingers crossed. I'm a Michigan fan today. I'll take several showers.

Miles, you had Penn State losing to Indiana. Remember this?

So did others along with Purdue, Minnesota, Auburn, MSU and now Utah.

So did others along with Purdue, Minnesota, Auburn, MSU and now Utah.
He's obsessed with "Miles" 😆 🤣 😂 Clown thinks 8 different posters on here are "Miles"..
Means 2 things and both of them expose this sissy:
1. He follows "Miles" around for God knows how long or how many years 😆
2. He traces IP addresses, which makes him a stalker.

Either way his 230 pound wife beats him regularly like a red headed step child for being on the net too long, which is why he comes here: It's the only place he has any kind of control, that is if you want to call "mayor of munchkin land," control 😆 🤣 😂

I mean, Purdue would beat Michigan in a game that is irrelevant for them
But if Purdue is ranked we can finally add something to our "quality wins" list

Didn't Utah play Oregon without Rising in their lineup? That would presumably have made a difference. Utah's offensive line is no joke.

so if Purdue wins are we back to the cotton or do we drop to the citrus?

I think it will be a big game because it gives us a chance to beat a top 10(ish) opponent and put our signature on this season. So far, what is our best win of the season?

Franklion doesn’t beat top ten teams on the road. Also has a winless record in January. But Kyle whittingham is a top notch coach with a great program who should be joining the B1G!

Franklion doesn’t beat top ten teams on the road. Also has a winless record in January. But Kyle whittingham is a top notch coach with a great program who should be joining the B1G!
Yep Whittingham is a very good coach.....winning %.69 Franklin about .68 at PSU. No sense playing the game.

Reactions: CbusLion10
I mean, Purdue would beat Michigan in a game that is irrelevant for them
But if Purdue is ranked we can finally add something to our "quality wins" list
Now Big Ten championship games are irrelevant.

These games may be irrelevant to non-fans of the game (you), but they are very relevant to the players, coaches, and fans.

ADVERTISEMENT