ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Matt Zollers is gone, so where does Penn State go next?

Is there a top guy every year?

If we should not focus on pa they why are you complaining when we do not focus on pa?
Franklin's stated goal is to dominate the state and we went after Zollers and lost. That can't happen if your objective is to dominate Penn State. That's fully on him.
If he wants to drop the nonsensical mantra and just recruit the best I wouldn't have an issue with it. Simple concept.
State goal = failed for 2024 losing Zollers.

Who cares what he said like 7 or 8 years ago or whenever about PA recruiting. Just freaking beat OSU for God's sake.
Everyone should care what he stated was his top objective in recruiting
Beating Ohio State is a different story

Franklin's stated goal is to dominate the state and we went after Zollers and lost. That can't happen if your objective is to dominate Penn State. That's fully on him.
If he wants to drop the nonsensical mantra and just recruit the best I wouldn't have an issue with it. Simple concept.

What decade was that?

He did not say it was a goal. It was a notice to Narduzzi. PSU has since moved on.

I spoke to Franklin. He told me he no longer wants to dominate the state. You happy now? Does that put it to bed?

Everyone should care what he stated was his top objective in recruiting
Beating Ohio State is a different story

He never said they would ever beat OSU. You happy now? Does that mean you have nothing to complain about after an OSU loss?

Lets be honest. You are not a PSU fan. You look for things to complain about. If they win you complain because how they won.

ARe you an OSU or PItt fan?

Your argument is weak. If you want to get into semantics which you are doing then the objective was to dominate the state. Nothing beyond that so there are no specific metrics. Because of that you can argue and be correct that he has dominated the state. If he said something like get at a minimum 8 of the top 10 players in the state every year or always get the highest rated QB in the state then you could say he missed his objective. But he did not say that. He just said dominate which is vague and since PSU has gotten the most top ten players out of PA the last 4 years that is dominating. You can whine all you want and blow this way out of proportion and make a big stink out of what he said but you don't have an argument when trying to pin it on Franklin that he didn't meet an objective.

What decade was that?

He did not say it was a goal. It was a notice to Narduzzi. PSU has since moved on.

I spoke to Franklin. He told me he no longer wants to dominate the state. You happy now? Does that put it to bed?
A notice to Narduzzi lol--get out of here
When he publicly states it then it's no longer his plan

He never said they would ever beat OSU. You happy now? Does that mean you have nothing to complain about after an OSU loss?

Lets be honest. You are not a PSU fan. You look for things to complain about. If they win you complain because how they won.

ARe you an OSU or PItt fan?
I didn't bring up our failures against Ohio State. I never complain about how we beat good teams--we just almost never do
Are you an Ohio State or Pitt fan?

Your argument is weak. If you want to get into semantics which you are doing then the objective was to dominate the state. Nothing beyond that so there are no specific metrics. Because of that you can argue and be correct that he has dominated the state. If he said something like get at a minimum 8 of the top 10 players in the state every year or always get the highest rated QB in the state then you could say he missed his objective. But he did not say that. He just said dominate which is vague and since PSU has gotten the most top ten players out of PA the last 4 years that is dominating. You can whine all you want and blow this way out of proportion and make a big stink out of what he said but you don't have an argument when trying to pin it on Franklin that he didn't meet an objective.
I don't understand how I'm blowing this out of portion? It's not the end of the world--just time to drop the "dominate the state" nonsense that should have never existed. Like for Georgia, this is a miss and he needs to have a good plan B option for the same caliber player--I'm confident Georgia does--not as confident James does. Is that fair?

I don't understand how I'm blowing this out of portion? It's not the end of the world--just time to drop the "dominate the state" nonsense that should have never existed. Like for Georgia, this is a miss and he needs to have a good plan B option for the same caliber player--I'm confident Georgia does--not as confident James does. Is that fair?
That's a completely different argument. I hope he does but I don't know. I have not followed our QB recruiting options for '25 close enough. Not sure Georgia has a strong back up lined up but they can get just about anybody they go after hard. So as we sit here today, I would agree that Georgia will get a higher rated '25 QB than we do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT