ADVERTISEMENT

Mattress question

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I just ordered a new king sized mattress today with adjustable base. My fear is that my wife and I will never be on the same page when it comes to when we want the head or legs up or down.

So my question is, do any of you have side by side twin XL mattresses put together to make a king? If so, what are your thoughts?
My wife and I agreed on getting the same comfort and bed style, so we aren’t too worried about needing 2 different comfort levels. It’s mostly just for independent adjustability.

My main concern is how it sleeps. Does it feel like being on a twin vs a king? Also, what about, shall we say more intimate times? I assume you can’t meet in the middle or turn 90 degrees, but have to visit one side or the other. Talk to me Goose!!

I just ordered a new king sized mattress today with adjustable base. My fear is that my wife and I will never be on the same page when it comes to when we want the head or legs up or down.

So my question is, do any of you have side by side twin XL mattresses put together to make a king? If so, what are your thoughts?
My wife and I agreed on getting the same comfort and bed style, so we aren’t too worried about needing 2 different comfort levels. It’s mostly just for independent adjustability.

My main concern is how it sleeps. Does it feel like being on a twin vs a king? Also, what about, shall we say more intimate times? I assume you can’t meet in the middle or turn 90 degrees, but have to visit one side or the other. Talk to me Goose!!

First of all, have you hashed out your differences? I was sick of box springs losing their spring and creating pockets where we slept. Went to 100% foam from Tuft and Needle many years ago. It was a unilateral choice by me. My wife didn't like it at first as it was a bit firm, but it grew on her.

Certainly research your options. Today there are several direct to consumer mattress companies than Tuft and Needle (Leesa, Purple, Casper.....), and they now have different models. I'm sure you two can agree to try one of these. If all else fails, take the jump and get a sleep number bed.

Good luck!

First of all, have you hashed out your differences? I was sick of box springs losing their spring and creating pockets where we slept. Went to 100% foam from Tuft and Needle many years ago. It was a unilateral choice by me. My wife didn't like it at first as it was a bit firm, but it grew on her.

Certainly research your options. Today there are several direct to consumer mattress companies than Tuft and Needle (Leesa, Purple, Casper.....), and they now have different models. I'm sure you two can agree to try one of these. If all else fails, take the jump and get a sleep number bed.

Good luck!
Appreciate the response, but more curious about the 2 twin xl mattresses side by side to form a king vs a one piece king. Does the “crack” become an issue. Does it feel smaller since you are literally on a twin?

Appreciate the response, but more curious about the 2 twin xl mattresses side by side to form a king vs a one piece king. Does the “crack” become an issue. Does it feel smaller since you are literally on a twin?
So, yes, we have a sleep number bed and it's like having two twins and you feel like you have slightly less space but you adjust quickly. We like it but everyone's different.

Reactions: republion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT