ADVERTISEMENT

Mazi Smith was arrested day before Indiana game...

But if he was "Released Without Charges", there wouldn't have been anything for the press to report, no? He was "Released Without Charges" either at the scene or from the police station (I'm not sure which - it is another poster who said he was arrested and taken to Station), but again, definitely "Released Without Charges" that night as a warrant and Formal Charges were not processed until yesterday.

Seems crazy that he was "Released Without Charges" the night of the incident - do you think that's unusual?

Extremely unusual since the article states that he was Arrested, taken to the police station and processed which generally refers to fingerprints/photograph, etc. That technically is an Arrest. Who knows, maybe they contacted the DA at 2:00AM - 3:00AM and was told to ROR him until the case is reviewed.

Why would a 6-3, 337 lb individual need a gun out late at night. Where was he going which made him think he needed a firearm?

Remember the Bama players a few years back sitting in a park in Louisiana smoking dope and each had a hand gun on them, one of which was stolen? The DA dropped the charges because he felt the players "were sweating in the heat of a football field while he was sitting in his A/C Office." That's justice for some who are connected. You try it and see what happens.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Extremely unusual since the article states that he was Arrested, taken to the police station and processed which generally refers to fingerprints/photograph, etc. That technically is an Arrest. Who knows, maybe they contacted the DA at 2:00AM - 3:00AM and was told to ROR him until the case is reviewed.

Why would a 6-3, 337 lb individual need a gun out late at night. Where was he going which made him think he needed a firearm?

Remember the Bama players a few years back sitting in a park in Louisiana smoking dope and each had a hand gun on them, one of which was stolen? The DA dropped the charges because he felt the players "were sweating in the heat of a football field while he was sitting in his A/C Office." That's justice for some who are connected. You try it and see what happens.

Here is the latest article on the matter: HIT THE HOTLINK.

The scUM Grad/Fan Prosecutor now admits that he "misspoke" when he said Smith was not arrested in his original Public Statement on the matter, but insists the timeline is unremarkable because Smith wasn't kept in custody (instead Smith was permitted to travel with the team to play Indiana). The article also states that the AA Police and the Prosecutor kept the arrest from the press / the public until Formal Charges were made on Wednesday! The article (and the prosecutor) are quite obtuse in regards to claiming the timeline is not unusual as they keep making reference to Smith not being retained in custody (despite the Police having him dead-to-rights regarding the Felony Charges that were ultimately leveled against Smith) - there is no explanation as to why Smith was released after being processed despite overwhelming evidence he was guilty of the Felony crime he has now been charged with. They cite that Emoni Bates is not comparable as he was held overnight and processed the next morning..... but again, this seems rather obtuse given that it seems fairly unusual to RELEASE someone who has just committed a very serious Felony (punishable by up to 5 years in prison) - doesn't seem like standard operating procedure, but zero explanation as to why the AA Police did, what they did (releasing Smith before formal charges, bail, etc... were filed. Were the AA Police specifically instructed to release him by the Prosecutor (and to forward details of the case for review....) - allowing Smith to travel with the team to Bloomington, IN??? If this is the case, the Prosecutor is being beyond obtuse with his public statements and has clearly shown favoritism to Smith that he hasn't provided to others in this situation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I have actually BEEN arrested a few times(I'm a recovering drug addict 11 years clean) and allow me to tell you this much: Not ONE SINGLE TIME have I EVER heard of a FELONY arrested resulting in release by your own recognizance.
Not. One. Time. Ever.
I commend you on your will to defeat what most in this World cannot!!!! I have seen just how difficult it is for anyone who is in the grips of addiction, and it certainly isn't prejudice. It can happen to anyone. Just continue doing what you are doing. I can't tell you how Happy I am for You!!!!!!
-Bobby

I have actually BEEN arrested a few times(I'm a recovering drug addict 11 years clean) and allow me to tell you this much: Not ONE SINGLE TIME have I EVER heard of a FELONY arrested resulting in release by your own recognizance.
Not. One. Time. Ever.
Congratulations on your eleven years of clean living.

I commend you on your will to defeat what most in this World cannot!!!! I have seen just how difficult it is for anyone who is in the grips of addiction, and it certainly isn't prejudice. It can happen to anyone. Just continue doing what you are doing. I can't tell you how Happy I am for You!!!!!!
-Bobby
Thanks man.

Reactions: rcy4499
So Mazi Smith was stopped on Oct. 7th and processed. The case was handed over to the Prosecutor at that time. The Prosecutor waited until Nov 30th to file charges. During the stop, Mazi tried to hide the gun and had two full loaded clips in his pockets. He had 61 rounds in total with the two clips plus the one in the loaded Glock. He was going 50 in a 25 mph zone.

They call this Michigan justice. . .

So Mazi Smith was stopped on Oct. 7th and processed. The case was handed over to the Prosecutor at that time. The Prosecutor waited until Nov 30th to file charges. During the stop, Mazi tried to hide the gun and had two full loaded clips in his pockets. He had 61 rounds in total with the two clips plus the one in the loaded Glock. He was going 50 in a 25 mph zone.

They call this Michigan justice. . .

I will now await more Michigan rationalization given these new facts. I figure it’ll take them 2/3 days to concoct a coherent new excuse

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT