ADVERTISEMENT

MBB @ Nebraska at 4:30

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Probably a must win for a team hoping to make the dance. ESPN gives us a 60% chance.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Horrible start. Nebraska can't miss and our guys just seem out of sync. Not sure why we are so terrible on the road but hopefully they can figure it out before this one is out of reach. What are they doing differently when they travel?

PSU is 3-7 from 3 which isn't bad.

Funk can't keep up with Tominaga.
Just as I say that Shrews replaces 4 starters and Dread misses three (badly) and Wynter misses one.

PSU offense suffers with Lundy & Funk both out of the game. Also with Njie in for Henn.

Defense is horrible. Clary has a better chance to defend Tominaga than Funk but he just forced a play at the basket that led to a Nebraska runout. 4 pt play.

PSU's 60% win probability is down to 14%.

Pickett hasn't been able to penetrate which is a huge concern.

Probably a must win for a team hoping to make the dance. ESPN gives us a 60% chance.
My prediction of no more road wins is looking better and better. I don’t even know why this teams wastes money by playing road games; they just should forfeit and save everybody a lot of time and money.

This team has won one true road game all year. Even terrible PSU teams did better than that.

Lundy is 5-6 from 3. The rest of the team is 1-11.

The keys so far are Pickett's inability to get into the paint, Dread's dreadful shooting, and PSU inability to keep up with Tominaga.

Not much positive in the 1st half except for Lundy but I'll give props to Njie who actually fought for a few rebounds.

It's an 11 point game so within reach but just don't have confidence this team can pull out a come from behind road win even against the 2nd worst team in the conference.

D. Johnson made a 3 but he's lost on defense. Funk got benched.

Clary with another TO. Mahaffey misses a layup. Funk keeps getting beat by Tominaga.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
His profile says he's 6'2" but he doesn't look that big on TV.
He's unconscious now. just hit a contested 3, everything going in for him. Not looking good. Funk seems to be a total bust on the road along with others. Have no shot with that kind of inconsistency

Clary with another TO. Mahaffey misses a layup. Funk keeps getting beat by Tominaga.
PSU is frustrating to watch. No offensive rythmn , spacing is poor, and too much dribbling. Nebraska is killing them with ball movement, minimal dribbling cutting to basket for lay ups or kicking out for the open looks. Funk can shoot but is a defensive liability.

Last edited:
Get Dread out of there. He's lost confidence and won't pull the trigger.
We’re down to two and a half players these days…Pickett, Lundy and sometimes Funk. Everyone else is basically taking up space especially on offense. It’s disappointing, I thought they’d get better as a group, but they’re not.

And apparently now you can pass to yourself and then hit a three….wasn’t allowed back when I played….it was called a travel.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Njie is playing hard and has 9 rebounds but missed 3 critical FTs.

Nobody can keep up with Tominaga. It's not just that he's hot from 3. He has a non stop motor and made 7 2pt FGs, mostly on cuts to the basket.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
We can be pretty frustrating to watch. No way we should be losing to Nebraska but here we are. Perhaps they get hot at the end or realize what is on the line and decide to defend.

Terrible loss. Any dancing just walked out the door. Playing for pride the rest of the season. Could be playing these guys again the first night of the BTT. Not that that game will even matter.

Tiny lineup, streaky shooters with only 1 ball distributor, zero offense down low....soft inside...

I don’t know a whole lot about basketball but we are not a good team. They look like a bunch of guy playing a pickup game. Poor coaching. Don’t deserve a bid.

Njie had 9 rebounds and fought hard but he still has no offense. 3 missed FTs were a killer.

Clary plays out of control. Maybe he'll get better.

D. Johnson is regressing. Wynter is over his head at this level.

Dread is dreadful.

ADVERTISEMENT