ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Delaware State

bdgan

May 29, 2008
PSU won 60-46 in what must have been an uninspired game. The lead was only 7 points with 6 minutes to go. PSU shot 37% from the field and 25% from 3 pt range. Delaware State actually had more rebounds than PSU. They're going to have to be a lot better vs Iowa on Sunday.

The good news is that Lundy played. He was 5-15 shooting but had 10 rebounds.

It may be nothing, or it may be a cautionary tale about what happens when PSU can't hit their 3s. Time will tell. Meanwhile, it's a win, though our 'rankings' will drop for the moment because DSU is ranked so low.

PSU won 60-46 in what must have been an uninspired game. The lead was only 7 points with 6 minutes to go. PSU shot 37% from the field and 25% from 3 pt range. Delaware State actually had more rebounds than PSU. They're going to have to be a lot better vs Iowa on Sunday.

They haven't looked good the last 2 games for sure. Maybe just the it's Christmas time and my focus is elsewhere or maybe this team needs to wake up or get knocked down a peg or 2.

Reactions: OzLion and bdgan
They haven't looked good the last 2 games for sure. Maybe just the it's Christmas time and my focus is elsewhere or maybe this team needs to wake up or get knocked down a peg or 2.
I don't think the intensity has been the same. It's understandable with the holiday, low attendance, and weak opponents but intensity isn't an easy thing to turn back on.

Last edited:
Pickett was not himself today. Coach got on him a few times about being more aggressive scoring and making things happen on offense. It was nice to see Lundy as active as he was but shooting was off as it appeared to me at the game that he had a bit of a hitch at the top of his shot. He was bringing a little bit farther back behind his face then he normally does. As mentioned, overall, they did not shoot well. and coach. Got some of the freshman in very early, like Lilley, which disrupted things.

I would assume that they’ll be ready for Iowa on Sunday though. Hopefully the ticket office is ready for Sunday unlike today’s disaster.

Last edited:

? Did you seriously just try to analyze the Delaware State game?

good grief

Pickett was not himself today. Coach got on him a few times about being more aggressive scoring and making things happen on offense. It was nice to see Lundy as active as he was but shooting was off as it appeared to me at the game that he had a bit of a hitch at the top of his shot. He was bringing a little bit farther back behind his face then he normally does. As mentioned, overall, they did not shoot well. and coach. Got some of the freshman in very early, like Lilley, which disrupted things.

I would assume that they’ll be ready for Iowa on Sunday though. Hopefully the ticket office is ready for Sunday unlike today’s disaster.

What happened at the ticket office, if you don't mind me asking.

Reactions: bison13
Iowa is playing awful right now…need a fast start and not let them get any confidence back.

Reactions: bdgan and bison13
What happened at the ticket office, if you don't mind me asking.
Today was, kids under 12 get in free day. The offer said that you had to get tickets at either gate a or B. You could not have pre-sale and walk in with your kids, so that meant every kid who wanted a free ticket had to go through one of those two gates.

They open the gates at 1 o’clock for a 2 o’clock game and only had one person working on the computer at each gate. There were hundreds of families in line by 115. Not only did the person working in the ticket gate room have to do each ticket for each group individually but then they were actually stopping five year old kids who would go through the metal detector and set it off.

We got in line at five after one, and did not get into our seats until 10 till two. You would think that on a promo day like this, that they would have at least two people working in each gates ticket booth. They also were too caught up in trying to seat everybody on the sidelines. There were some large groups of families who came together where there were, four adults and six or more kids where the ticket person couldn’t find that many seats together. They didn’t open up the two sections behind the basket for sale until after the game started.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC2017
Lemme guess: they had the kids get in free promotion, along with a beautiful weather day, lead to a larger than expected crowd. Our athletic dept, in order to save a few nickels, let some Ticket Office folks take the day off, and got slammed.

As usual, paying customers got inconvenienced, ruining (or at least tarnishing) an experience which, coupled with a mediocre game, may lead some to question returning.

Coach is doing his job....if people wanna be there to support, the Atheltic Department should spend an extra $300 to have enough people to handle walk up sales.

Just a wild guess....Bison??? What happened?

Today was, kids under 12 get in free day. The offer said that you had to get tickets at either gate a or B. You could not have pre-sale and walk in with your kids, so that meant every kid who wanted a free ticket had to go through one of those two gates.

They open the gates at 1 o’clock for a 2 o’clock game and only had one person working on the computer at each gate. There were hundreds of families in line by 115. Not only did the person working in the ticket gate room have to do each ticket for each group individually but then they were actually stopping five year old kids who would go through the metal detector and set it off.

We got in line at five after one, and did not get into our seats until 10 till two. he would think that on a promo day like this, that they would have at least two people working in each gates ticket booth. They also were too caught up in trying to seat everybody on the sidelines. There were some large groups of families who came together where there were, four adults and six or more kids where the ticket person couldn’t find that many seats together. They didn’t open up the two sections behind the basket for sale until after the game started.
We were typing @ same time. A couple more bodies at $20/hour saves the headaches....yeeeesh.

We were typing @ same time. A couple more bodies at $20/hour saves the headaches....yeeeesh.
Absolutely. And then once you got inside, they only had concessions open in about a third of the normal spots. They really blew a chance to make families more interested in coming the games.

My wife and I spent $25 on concessions for the four of us today. If they would have gotten more people in their seats before the game started and then opened up a couple more concession stands I’m sure they would’ve made a few thousand extra to cover for the workers that were needed.

Absolutely. And then once you got inside, they only had concessions open in about a third of the normal spots. They really blew a chance to make families more interested in coming the games.

My wife and I spent $25 on concessions for the four of us today. If they would have gotten more people in their seats before the game started and then opened up a couple more concession stands I’m sure they would’ve made a few thousand extra to cover for the workers that were needed.
With all of the employees in the Athletic Dept, sometimes common sense is lacking. We simply cannot seem to get out of our own way sometimes...
especially with basketball. 🏀

Cheap to a fault = Bad Business

Unacceptable.

The D gave up 46. There are worse things. We beat Illy at their place and are 10-3. Going into Sunday I'm good with that.
They also lost at home to a very beatable MSU that had lost their previous game at home to Northwestern; that's a game that they needed to win.

Shooting with a bad ankle is very difficult. One of the worst shooting games I ever had was my first game back from a sprained ankle. It throws you off just enough. His shooting will get better as his ankle gets better.

I watched Shrewsbury's presser. He wasn't happy at all with the effort vs Delaware State. He said this might have been the first time a family came to see a game and what they saw was a poorly coached team with little energy and the players not cheering for each other.

Very much interested in a public apology re: the situation by Pat Kraft. Absent the apology, he proves himself no better than her highness Sandy….Will we be hiring another assistant athletic director to handle the ticketing/ concessions problem?

Last edited:
Very much interested in a public apology re: the situation by Pat Kraft. Absent the apology, he proves himself no better than her highness Sandy….Will we be hiring another assistant athletic director to handle the ticketing/ concessions problem?
I don’t necessarily need an apology from him, but I sure as heck hope that Sunday’s game is better staffed. You can’t have a promotion like this and then tell people that they have to get tickets at one of two entrances and only put one person at each of those entrances to take care of tickets. Just put one of the people who you had working at the metal detectors doing nothing into the ticket room.

I don’t necessarily need an apology from him, but I sure as heck hope that Sunday’s game is better staffed. You can’t have a promotion like this and then tell people that they have to get tickets at one of two entrances and only put one person at each of those entrances to take care of tickets. Just put one of the people who you had working at the metal detectors doing nothing into the ticket room.
PSU needs a 180 turn with respect to attitude and practices re: fans. For example, BJC is our home and the fans are our invited guests into our home. How do you welcome and treat guests you invite into your residence?…especially if you value them and hope they return frequently?….certainly not the way things were handled at the last men’s BB game. Heck, with all the invited youth…we want them (which translates to their parents) to have a good experience. With limited concessions, I’d have multiple places where a youth could pick up a free bottle of water and a bag of pretzels ((or something). And I bet if you asked, you’d get some local alums to attend the game for free if they simply attended early to distribute treats to youth.

PSU needs a 180 turn with respect to attitude and practices re: fans. For example, BJC is our home and the fans are our invited guests into our home. How do you welcome and treat guests you invite into your residence?…especially if you value them and hope they return frequently?….certainly not the way things were handled at the last men’s BB game. Heck, with all the invited youth…we want them (which translates to their parents) to have a good experience. With limited concessions, I’d have multiple places where a youth could pick up a free bottle of water and a bag of pretzels ((or something). And I bet if you asked, you’d get some local alums to attend the game for free if they simply attended early to distribute treats to youth.
With all the kids there they needed more concessions open. I don’t mean that they need to have every one of them open but a couple more. As well as a couple more of the ice cream ones for the kids. Probably also should’ve had dollar dog days or some thing.

Something I just thought of too, is that when they make the three pointer and give out the T-shirts they kept throwing the T-shirts in to the same two general areas. It would’ve been nice if they had spread them out a bit. Plus I only remember seeing one spot where they were selling T-shirts and that type of thing. Should’ve definitely had multiple ones with more selection.

With all the kids there they needed more concessions open. I don’t mean that they need to have every one of them open but a couple more. As well as a couple more of the ice cream ones for the kids. Probably also should’ve had dollar dog days or some thing.

Something I just thought of too, is that when they make the three pointer and give out the T-shirts they kept throwing the T-shirts in to the same two general areas. It would’ve been nice if they had spread them out a bit. Plus I only remember seeing one spot where they were selling T-shirts and that type of thing. Should’ve definitely had multiple ones with more selection.
Dollar dogs…yes, and PSU has an opportunity to make this happen for the youth on 1/1/23….is anyone in the athletic department paying attention?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT