ADVERTISEMENT

McSorley visits the Giants

veebs

Sep 19, 2001
Per ESPN, he would be worth a 6th or 7th round pick for the giants since the have 10+ picks...

Penn State's Trace McSorley also among the Giants Top 30 visits in the building on Friday. He opened some eyes around the league with the way he threw and worked out at the combine.

Per ESPN, he would be worth a 6th or 7th round pick for the giants since the have 10+ picks...

Penn State's Trace McSorley also among the Giants Top 30 visits in the building on Friday. He opened some eyes around the league with the way he threw and worked out at the combine.
Huh? According to someone on this board ( not me) after his combine throwing session said , ‘of the 15 balls he threw, only 2 were on time and accurate ‘.

Huh? According to someone on this board ( not me) after his combine throwing session said , ‘of the 15 balls he threw, only 2 were on time and accurate ‘.

We obviously know more than NFL scouts.

I really don’t know what people are watching sometimes. Trace threw very well at the Senior Bowl practices, combine and pro day. When you are McSorley, folks tend to focus on poor throws and ignore the great ones. The opposite is true for QBs like Lock and Haskins. McSorley and Lock could throw the exact same pass (same speed, location, etc.). Many folks will say McSorley threw a bad ball while Lock’s ball shows he is a first round talent. That is how many media folks at the Senior Bowl raved about Lock’s arm strength but dinged McSorley’s arm despite the fact that the GPS chips in the balls showed that McSorley was throwing with nearly identical velocity (and more on some days).

If I recall that post/thread, I think it was the other way around. Only 2 were not accurate or on time.
no that was my contention, I can't remember the poster, he said only 2 were on time and accurate.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
help me out here, what does Harrisburg, Pa have to do with anything??

Matt Lombardo of NJ.com reports that Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley visited the Giants on Friday. He attended the team’s “local prospect” day, which permits every NFL franchise to host an unlimited number of incoming players with geographic ties to the team’s home market. (Apparently, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is close enough to be “local”; McSorley grew up in Virginia.)

Matt Lombardo of NJ.com reports that Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley visited the Giants on Friday. He attended the team’s “local prospect” day, which permits every NFL franchise to host an unlimited number of incoming players with geographic ties to the team’s home market. (Apparently, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is close enough to be “local”; McSorley grew up in Virginia.)

Presuming hs being a PSU player.. and that's kind of in their wheelhouse.

Seriously, as an Eagles fan, I could care less (even less than that) about the G's... but now that SB is there, i follow (and sometimes watch) closely to see how he's doing. If Trace played there, it'd be the same. I think they count on that kind of thing.

Reactions: step.eng69

One of the Giants' blogs was wondering how McSorley was a local prospect since PSU's campus was in Philly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT