ADVERTISEMENT

MHKY Game 2 @ MSU

NittanyLionFan

Jul 25, 2001
Media, PA
Lions return the favor, avenging last night's 3-5 loss with a 5-3 win. MSU made it 4-3 with a PP goal with about 5 minutes left (KHL line) - scored with 13 seconds left in the PP. PSU drew a PP with 2:30 left and MSU had to pull the goalie about 1 minute into that. PSU scores an EN goal just after the PP expired. Both teams were unstoppable on the PP (PSU 2 for 3 and MSU maybe all 3 goals on 4 tries?). I only caught the end of the game on the radio.

Big win. Pulled back in front of MSU in standings and are still 2 games back from the Spartans. PSU crew mentioned around the 2nd period break that PSU could end up anywhere from 2nd to 7th in standings at end of season.

In other conference play, Minnesota completed the sweep in Columbus (!) and ND beat Wisky, next week's opponent for PSU and currently in last place. A sweep would be huge going into the season finale at ND.

Go State!

The two games we have lost to MSU have been crushing, team would be #10 in Pairwise right now. Cannot lose a game to Wisconsin next weekend.

Reactions: PA_JOE
Yeah - really need the sweep. I would imagine no worse than a split with ND and a first round win in the B1G Tourney as well. With ASU primed to make the NCAA Tourney this year, that moves the bar up an extra notch. Probably need to be Top 13 in Pairwise to make it this year?

Reactions: psu00 and PA_JOE
The two games we have lost to MSU have been crushing, team would be #10 in Pairwise right now. Cannot lose a game to Wisconsin next weekend.

Please beat down Wisconsin! We play Notre Dame and ASU to close out the season. I am hoping my Gophers can do both programs a favor and Sweep ND again and sweep ASU. All four of those games are at home, so there is a chance.

I assume that PA_JOE or someone else will start a thread for tonight's game... I'll keep tabs on the score while out for the evening (and then up to Pegula tomorrow night!). Big series, need a sweep of the Badgers. Game tonight on BTN @ 6:30. Hopefully STPGopherfan's team can soften up the Irish this weekend since PSU travels to South Bend next weekend. B1G standings very much in doubt, but OSU can lock up 1st place with just one more win (playing Michigan tonight) or a few key losses by others. Go State!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT