ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Parsons one of top 20 players in NFL?

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Ranked in top 20 according to votes of players -- exact rank not known until shows air 8/28

The final two episodes of the Top 100 Players of 2022 will air on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m. ET, but we already know the 20 players who are still in the running to claim the top spot.

NFL Media has revealed the players (in alphabetical order) voted on as the top 20 in the sport:
This list includes four players who have taken home the top spot in previous years (Brady, Donald, Mahomes, and Rodgers), and three players who are making their debut on the Top 100 list.

Don't we call this list "All Pro"? Why is this done before the season and not after? Wouldn't that mean the are the top 20 from last year as we have no idea what will happen in the upcoming year? Four of the 20 are QBs. One is an OL, not a single guard or center. Another BS article to get clicks, IMHO.

Back to Parsons, yes he is. (or was last year)

Reactions: psu1969a
Don't we call this list "All Pro"? Why is this done before the season and not after? Wouldn't that mean the are the top 20 from last year as we have no idea what will happen in the upcoming year? Four of the 20 are QBs. One is an OL, not a single guard or center. Another BS article to get clicks, IMHO.

Back to Parsons, yes he is. (or was last year)
Yeah, good points.

It's more a TV show than an article; the NFL Network counts down the top 100 over the course of 11 1-hour shows, (100-91, 90-81, etc.).

The players do the voting and it's interesting to hear their comments about the particular guys who make the list, so I like to record the shows and fast forward through them to skip the ads.

I believe Parsons was the only 2021 rookie to make this list, so pretty impressive for him.

Last edited:
Yeah, good points.

It's more a TV show than an article; the NFL Network counts down the top 100 over the course of 11 1-hour shows, (100-90, 90-80, etc.).

The players do the voting and it's interesting to hear their comments about the particular guys who make the list, so I like to record the shows and fast forward through them to skip the ads.

I believe Parsons was the only 2021 rookie to make this list, so pretty impressive for him.
Parsons is one of those guys that just stands out by his shear athleticism. I really guys like JJ Watt and LaVar. I recall seeing LaVar on the kickoff team in his first game and saying "who is that?" He was just different. Parsons has that. Even in the pros, he's hard to miss. My friends that are close Cowboys fans tell me he could play several positions well: LB, DE, Stong Safety, RB, and TE. I understand he's run-back punts in practice. I am told he has the best hands on the team.

Yeah, good points.

It's more a TV show than an article; the NFL Network counts down the top 100 over the course of 11 1-hour shows, (100-91, 90-81, etc.).

Amazing accomplishment for a rookie. He only played 17 regular season games and what...one playoff game? That means he only played against about a dozen teams since they played division teams twice yet the whole league votes him in the top twenty! So more than half the guys never played against him but they say he is among the very best of the best.

Just wait until they all get to see him up close and personal!

Last edited:
Reactions: JR4PSU and brupsu
ADVERTISEMENT